Digital and social media manager
- Hattiesburg, Mississippi Area
|Recommendations||4 people have recommended Lici|
Join LinkedIn and access Lici's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Lici directly
• Manage an award-winning news website.
• Developed a social media strategy to increase digital and mobile visibility for the newspaper. The plan is continuously updated as new technologies emerge, and adjusted to the paper's goals and needs.
• Conduct weekly workshops with news and sports staff to help them improve their social media skills.
• Lead a monthly social media group discussion and write a weekly column on social media and digital/mobile/tablet developments. Give presentations on social media in journalism courses, and to business and non-profit organizations.
• Contribute to weekly companywide discussions on social media engagement, new tools and apps, with social media managers across the country.
• Participate in weekly discussions on Twitter with digital and social media journalists across the country.
• Use search engine optimization to boost visibility and engagement.
• Use analytical tools to measure engagement. Provide reports to news, advertising and circulation departments to outline growth and areas that need improvement.
• Developed and maintained niche websites for the newspaper's specialty products and microsites.
• Have a working knowledge of basic web-building/design language including HTML, Java, CSS, SQL, etc.
• Use photo editing and design programs; trained in audio and video recording and editing.
• Manage the newspaper's opinion page, write some editorials, vet letters to the editor and work with 30 community columnists.
• As life editor, revamped the features department, which at one point grew to include 10 full- and part-time employees and more than a dozen freelance writers.
• Launched a monthly outdoors magazine, a quarterly family magazine and a weekly community news section, which included coverage of local government, current events and features.
• Started a weekly entertainment guide, which covered events in four states.
• Bachelor’s degrees in journalism and French; cum laude, Distinguished Service Award.
• Manage newspaper and related Internet and mobile sites, including numerous social media venues and applications.
• Responsible for community conversations online, print editorials and editorial board meetings.
(Position held beginning October 2006)
Previous position (January 2004-March 2007): Life editor
• Led a team of editors, reporters and clerks to produce daily lifestyle pages and news stories and oversee daily newsroom functions.
• Produced a weekly entertainment tab
• Wrote lifestyle stories
• Covered arts/entertainment related news
• Layout/design of pages
• Copy editing
I worked as a page designer and copy editor, primarily working on weekend front pages, special packages and features sections.
I started at The Herald as a reporter and photographer. I worked my way up to photo editor and editor-in-chief.
- Copy Editing
- Graphic Design
- Database Admin
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Media Relations
- Press Releases
- Creative Writing
- Public Relations
- News Writing
- Feature Articles
- AP Style
- Online Journalism
- Web Content
- Breaking News
- Content Management
- Digital Journalism
- Investigative Reporting
- Community Journalism
- Headline Writing
- Entertainment Journalism
- Freelance Writing
- Newspaper Design
- See 35+ See less
• Received the university's Distinguished Service Award for outstanding academic, community and leadership.
Activities and Societies: Editor at student newspaper, photographic society president, environmental club co-founder/vice president, host for international students, soil conservation volunteer
EnglishNative or bilingual proficiency
- new technology,
- marine sciences,
- environmental issues,
- social media
Advice for Contacting Lici
Honors & Awards
• Website named best website in Division II by Mississippi-Louisiana Associated Press Managing Editors
• Second place award for best blog in Division II by Mississippi-Louisiana Associated Press Managing Editors
• Newspaper website named second-best daily newspaper site in Mississippi by the Mississippi Press Association, 2010
• Newspaper website named best daily newspaper site in Mississippi by the Mississippi Press Association, 2009
• Newspaper website named second-best daily newspaper site in Mississippi by the Mississippi Press Association, 2008
• Community Spirit Award, Spirit of Women, 2007
• Distinguished Service Award, Arkansas State University, 1997
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
University of Mississippi Medical Center - Communications
Director, QA at SMRC
City Clerk at City of Picayune
staff writer at take root and write
Owner, Wales West RV Resort & Light Railway