Senior Vice President, Global Monetization Solutions at Millennial Media
|Recommendations||11 people have recommended Lewis|
Join LinkedIn & access Lewis's full profile
Active in the digital media community for more than fifteen years, Lewis Rothkopf is Senior Vice President, Global Monetization Solutions at Millennial Media, the leading independent audience platform in digital advertising. He joins Millennial via the company's acquisition of Jumptap, where he was SVP of Network Development and Publisher Acquisition.
Prior to Jumptap, Lewis oversaw AMP, a sell-side data and media management platform, for multi-screen company Collective.
Previously Lewis was Senior Vice President of Network and Exchange at BrightRoll, where he built, scaled, and managed the company's industry-leading video ad network, video ad exchange, and mobile inventory businesses.
Earlier in his career, Lewis was head of distribution for NBCUniversal’s digital video syndication business. Additionally, he spent five years at DoubleClick (now part of Google), most recently as sales and account management leader. And as director of sales at LightningCast, one of the first video advertising companies, he helped ready the company for acquisition by AOL.
Lewis is a graduate of Boston University and lives in New York City.
I lead the team responsible for all of Millennial's North American supply relationships (across publisher inventory and data) as well as new supply acquisition.
- Led publisher and data acquisition team, along with business development and partnerships
- Company was acquired by Millennial Media in November 2013
- Full P&L for publisher DMP business
- Oversaw sales, account management, engineering, product, consulting, support, operations
- Built publisher network, ad exchange and mobile inventory businesses
- Responsible for inventory supply, exchange sales, mobile, data partnerships, account management, product marketing, business development
- Scaled BRX platform (video ad exchange) from pre-revenue, to multi-millions of dollars in spend
- Built multi-level team across the globe – 30+ reports NY/SF/UK/DE
- Oversaw the company's content strategy and business development efforts, as well as the show production team
- Grew the business and its value by building strategic relationships with Tier One Hollywood studios and web distributors
- Built key partnerships with content providers and distribution platforms including CBS Radio, Lifetime Television, and WWE
- Responsible for driving partnerships to build NBC Universal’s video syndication business, which was contributed to form Hulu
- Crafted deals including strategic relationships with publishers, advertisers, and content owners
- Built and managed multiple high-level strategic content and distribution partnerships
- Responsible for rapidly increasing revenue by driving the company's new business efforts in the technology space, leading to company's acquisition by AOL.
- Led a matrixed team of sales, product development and support professional
- Maintained existing client relationships to drive retention and ongoing customer satisfaction
- Managed a multi-million dollar book of business, and a team (7 reports) responsible for new and renewal/upsell business
- Won major publishers away from the competition, some deals valued in the range of $8-10mm
- Built strong relationships with leadership at major media companies, resulting in cross-product wins for the business
- Strategic client wins have included Viacom, CBS Broadcasting, MTV Networks, Reuters, Knight Ridder, NASDAQ, Sony Pictures, Wall Street Journal, New York Daily News, Homestore, United Online, ABC Local Stations Group, Internet Broadcasting Systems, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, and many others
- Built, managed and sold an online advertising program for this online personal information management service which was acquired by Palm Inc.
- Responsible for both new media business as well as managing ad trafficker.
Managing partner relationships and involved in new business pitches; wonderful opportunity to enter the online ad space in its infancy.
Even though technology to identify, optimize and deliver to appropriate audiences is constantly improving, the fundamentals have remained largely unchanged for more than a decade. In our panel last Friday, I aimed to provoke discussion about the ways marketers and publishers can leverage smart targeting to obtain a better result.
Read more: http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/187640/taking-the-hype-out-of-hypertargeting.html#ixzz2DZT8DOYe
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.