Kevin P. Wojdak
E-Commerce Manager at Wurth Baer Supply Company
- Greater Chicago Area
Kevin P. Wojdak's Overview
- E-Commerce Manager at Wurth Baer Supply Company
- Webmaster at Heartland International Tattoo Music & Dance Festival
- Webmaster at FerGedAboudIt Vineyard & Winery
- Executive Officer, Board of Directors at Northern Illinois University Huskie Marching Band Alumni Council
- Webmaster / Technical Consultant at CowaLUNGa Bike Tour, Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago
- Webmaster at C.B.S. Messenger Service, Inc.
- Chairman / Webmaster at Clan Homecoming USA
- Production Specialist & Front-end Developer at Hewitt Associates
- Senior Web Developer at Euro RSCG
- Technical Manager at SDI (System Development.Integration, LLC)
- Webmaster / Treasurer at Boy Scouts of America, Troop 62, Villa Park, IL
- Senior Associate at Acquity Group, LLC
- Senior User Interface Developer, Webmaster at Pathfinder Associates, LLC
- Independent Contractor at Self-employed
- National Marketing Manager, Professional Services at divine, Inc.
- Technical Manager at marchFIRST
- Technical Manager at Whittman-Hart, Inc.
- Technical Consultant at System Software Associates
- Marketing/Communications Assistant at Ames Supply Company
- Northern Illinois University
- Proviso West High School
Kevin P. Wojdak's Summary
I am a Web / IT Developer and Marketer with 20+ years experience in full life cycle delivery of website and technology projects. I have experience in all facets of the development life cycle from analysis to programming to writing documentation. My strengths lie in Website and User Interface Development, Digital and Traditional Marketing, Business Analysis, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and implementation, Technical Documentation, and Management. Hands-on development experience combined with management and writing skills make me well-rounded. My unique background in multiple business disciplines gives me great insight to transform creative designs into technical reality.
Specialties: User Interface Development, Business Analysis, Application Development, Website Building/Coding, Project Management, Operations Management, Marketing/Public Relations, Technical and Business Writing, Digital Marketing, SEO, Social Media
Kevin P. Wojdak's Experience
November 2009 – Present (4 years 11 months) Vernon Hills, Illinois
Increasing company sales and website traffic through a combination of Digital Marketing, Pay Per Click (PPC) Campaigns, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Inbound and Outbound Marketing, User Experience Design, Web Development, and Customer Service.
Manage all B2B, B2C, and Blog websites for the company (10 sites as of Aug. 2011).
Executive Officer, Board of Directors
Educational Institution; 501-1000 employees; Higher Education industry
December 2006 – Present (7 years 10 months)
Elected to this position. Oversight for the Huskie Marching Band Alumni Council at Northern Illinois University. Establishing the council and bylaws and working with the other officers to govern the actions of the council.
Webmaster - Designed, built, and manage a Web site for the council. (http://www.niualumniband.com)
C.B.S. Messenger Service, Inc.
July 2006 – May 2012 (5 years 11 months) Palatine, IL
Designed, constructed, and maintain the website for this family-owned and operated messenger business. Employed Digital Marketing techniques to help grow the business. Manage and maintain an online advertising program through Google Ads. (http://www.cbsmessenger.com)
Chairman / Webmaster
Clan Homecoming USA
November 2008 – May 2011 (2 years 7 months)
Organize the participation of the Midwest Scottish Clans in events and celebrations as part of the Heartland International Tattoo Music & Dance Festival (http://www.heartlandtattoo.org). Visit the Clan Homecoming USA site at http://www.clanhomecomingusa.com.
Designed, built, and manage the website for the organization. Provide Digital Marketing services.
Production Specialist & Front-end Developer
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; HEW; Outsourcing/Offshoring industry
January 2009 – October 2009 (10 months)
Senior Web Developer
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; HAV.PA; Marketing and Advertising industry
October 2008 – November 2008 (2 months)
Contract work for Euro RSCG Chicago's Interactive group working on Web development of HTML emails and landing pages for various client projects including Sprint, Western Union, and Citigroup.
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
March 2007 – September 2008 (1 year 7 months)
Project management, custom application development, and website design and development. Hardware/Software integrations, project management, and team administration in security systems.
- SD.I Corporate Website / Marketing (Feb 2008 - Sept 2008): Information Architecture, project management, and development. SEO. (http;//www.sdienterprises.com)
- CPS (Chicago Public Schools) District Website Redesign (May 2008 - Aug 2008): Assistant Project Management/Analyst.
- SD.I, ProFolio Real Estate Portal (Feb 2008 - Apr 2008) - Website design and development. (http://www.sdiprofolio.com)
- Chicago Department of Aviation (DOA), O'Hare International Airport: Technical Manager, Application Services Team. (March 2007 - Feb 2008)
Webmaster / Treasurer
Nonprofit; 1001-5000 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
September 2006 – April 2008 (1 year 8 months)
Webmaster - Designed and constructed the website for the troop. Manage all aspects of maintaining and enhancing the site. (http://www.t62.org)
Treasurer - Managed the checkbook and daily finances for the boy-led troop.
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
April 2006 – March 2007 (1 year)
Worked in a combination Business Analyst/Project Management/User Interface Developer role for Acquity Group's Commerce OnDemand offering. Performed User Interface Development and Blue Martini integration tasks for several clients including LeapFrog Educational toys (http://store.leapfrog.com), Burton snowboards (http://store.burton.com), LonelyPlanet travel book, and Francesca's Collections Online Boutique (http://www.francescascollections.com). Also worked on new Acquity Group corporate website sitting on Acquity's Content OnDemand platform.
Senior User Interface Developer, Webmaster
Pathfinder Associates, LLC
August 2003 – April 2006 (2 years 9 months)
Contractor from Aug. 2003 - Aug. 2004. Hired Aug. 2004.
- Wrote a client-side barcode scanning interface and application for document tracking for NORC and nation of Qatar. Developed in both English and Arabic and scans 32-40 documents per min.
- Constructed and maintain Pathfinder website (http://www.pathf.com). Researched and applied SEO techniques to place website into #1 position on Google for targeted search keywords.
- Built site registration interface for Chicago Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com).
- Project Manager, Interface Designer, and Developer for Marmon Risk Management data collection application.
October 2002 – August 2003 (11 months)
Pathfinder Associates (Aug 2003 - Aug 2004):
- Built a browser-based client/server data collection application for NORC to assist in Middle East nation of Qatar Education Reform Program.
- Adhering to a strict design, built a website for the Lake County Community Trust (http://www.lakecountycf.org). Utilized HTML and CSS for the site.
- Coded dynamic Risk Management reports and questionnaires for Marmon Intranet.
Dealer Technologies Inc. (Summer 2004) - Designed and built website.
Small projects for unnamed client.
National Marketing Manager, Professional Services
May 2001 – October 2002 (1 year 6 months)
Participated strategically in national solution and service offering development teams and marketing planning. Responsible for the development of marketing and sales strategies and materials for divine professional services group offerings and solutions. Aligned with Knowledge Solutions and Technology Infrastructure Services solution areas to provide support to global and regional solutions teams. Focused on Healthcare vertical market. Marketing and sales support in every phase of the solution development process. Developed sales collateral for a total solution package including sales toolkits, case studies, marketing collateral, and other sales enablement components. Developed sales training
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; WHIT; Information Technology and Services industry
May 1995 – March 2000 (4 years 11 months)
Project management, analysis, testing, and application development consulting services in the Client-Server and Web areas for 18 different projects. Extremely knowledgeable with a variety of different technologies. Developed proposals/SOWs to aid new business development.
Manager/mentor for 5 Whittman-Hart consultants.
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; SSAX; Computer Software industry
February 1994 – May 1995 (1 year 4 months)
Created AS/400 AS/SET ADK (Application Development Kit) programs. Evaluated AS/400-based source code compare and merge tool. Software Engineer on the first BPCS for Windows development team. Researched, evaluated, and recommended new software products for the company. Programmed InstallSHIELD installations. Performed hands-on automated software testing tools evaluation for PC and AS/400. Produced test plans and performed both manual and automated testing of several products. Wrote and taught a 4-day VISION:Flashpoint (screen scrape development tool) fundamentals and development training course. Wrote, edited, and produced technical manuals, tutorials, reference materials, and presentations. Added over 200 new pages of product enhancement and procedural documentation into the AS/SET GDT online help system using RoboHelp. Provided technical support and training for the AS/SET GDT, Segue QA Partner, and AS/Vision tools. Created computer graphics, presentations, and illustrations.
Ames Supply Company
March 1990 – February 1994 (4 years)
PC Database Programmer: Wrote dBase applications for data analysis and report generation. Installed first LAN and provided PC technical support. Managed and analyzed the informational, marketing, and statistical databases. Configured sales force laptops with backup and security features.
BBS (Bulletin Board System) System Operator: Evaluated, recommended, designed, and implemented an eSoft TBBS (The Bread Board System) bulletin board system for customers and sales force...pre-Web.
Marketing/Communications Assistant - Print Designer / Project Manager: Wrote, edited, designed, and produced fliers, catalogs, brochures, newsletters, presentations, and handbooks to increase sales and company awareness using desktop publishing and graphics tools. Modernized label designs for a line of chemicals and saved the company printing costs and production time. Created computer graphics for presentations, slide shows, product packaging and illustrations. Managed the department for 6 months after supervisor left.
Kevin P. Wojdak's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Kevin P. Wojdak's Organizations
International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
- November 2012 to November 2013
American Homebrewers AssociationMember
- March 2012 to Present
Northern Illinois University Huskie Marching Band Alumni CouncilExecutive Officer, Board of Directors
- October 2006 to Present
Urban Knaves of Grain (UKG) Homebrew ClubMember / Webmaster
- April 2009 to Present
Drunk Monk Challenge (DMC) Homebrew Competition Planning Committee
Kevin P. Wojdak's Courses
Wurth Baer Supply Company
- Introduction to JSP
- Java Programming
- Java Web Development
Kevin P. Wojdak's Skills & Expertise
- Web Development
- User Interface Design
- Web Design
- Software Development
- Digital Marketing
- Business Analysis
- Project Management
- Social Media
- Online Advertising
- Social Media Marketing
- Information Architecture
- Enterprise Software
- Problem Solving
- Program Management
- Software Documentation
- Website Development
- Product Development
- Integrated Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Software Project Management
- Technical Writing
- Software Quality Assurance
- Business Intelligence
- Responsive Web Design
- Mobile HTML Applications
- Web Content Management
- Web Analytics
Kevin P. Wojdak's Education
BA, Journalism with emphases on Public Relations and Photojournalism
1985 – 1989
Played trumpet in the Huskie Marching Band for 4 1/2 years and one year of All University Band; Worked on the Night News Production Staff at The Northern Star school newspaper; Worked as a paid Freelance Photographer for DeKalb County Magazine for a semester; Held the position of Asst. PR Director for PRSSA for a year.
Activities and Societies: Huskie Marching Band, All University Band, Northern Star, PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), DeKalb County Magazine photographer
Proviso West High School
1981 – 1985
Kevin P. Wojdak's Additional Information
Contact Kevin P. for:
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Kevin P. Wojdak’s full profile to...
- See who you and Kevin P. Wojdak know in common
- Get introduced to Kevin P. Wojdak
- Contact Kevin P. Wojdak directly