- Greater New York City Area
- Information Technology and Services
|Recommendations||27 people have recommended Kevin|
Join LinkedIn & access Kevin's full profile
Join LinkedIn & access Kevin's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Kevin directly
Experienced, passsionate, team-oriented executive.
Specialize in developing strategic plans coupled with organizational development with strong metric driven execution to achieve the next level of results.
Specialties: Strategic planning, start-up and/or expanded business strategies, organizational development, operational execution, BOD development
I joined the company to explore the opportunity to bring their internally used guest services platform to the commercial market. I developed the go-to market approach, product requirements and competitive analysis to be used by the company for any future plans
The founders had built a successful business but they recognized the need for new leadership to grow the company to the "next level". The company had a core customer base of individual users & SMBs along with some corporate customers. The revenue stream was comprised almost exclusively with hardware sales, the lowest gross margin category. My charter was to grow the business, increase profitability, and figure out how to take the significant local brand equity & leverage that identity nationally while retaining the culture that had been developed over the years.
Grew revenue from $80m in 2010 to $115m in 2013 with the same headcount (205) while improving gross margin over 2%
Defined & put in place leadership team for the company. Hired VP Sales, VP Services, Director Product Merchandising, Director Retail, Director of Training. Also mentored & promoted internal personnel to CTO, Director Marketing and Manager of Customer Service
Hired a CFO, first for the company, who assisted in developing tighter operational controls and processes including yearly departmental level budgets for the owners and BOD
Defined the right processes, procedures & people to make sure Tekserve achieved Apple's highest designation of customer service, Premier Service Provider. The elite classification for Apple customer satisfaction of customer service & product support
Selected by Apple to be a member of their reseller board to provide input, feedback & ideas to Apple based on customer experience within the reseller community
Appointed by Apple to be the chair of the services committee to assist Apple's senior leadership in the development & roll-out of best practices for new services initiatives, iOS, as well as repair practices within the reseller community
Developed the relationships with Apple's enterprise sale teams and Tekserve's corporate customers to close sales including large iOS deployments for OTG and Cablevision
Sought after speaker for Apple product announcements
- Retained by Board of Directors (five venture capital firms) as interim CEO to develop and execute an exit strategy for a services part planning optimization software provider. Provided five detailed operational and financial exit scenarios; subsequently led the execution of shopping and selling the company to a publicly traded software/solutions company. Was responsible for all business, legal, financial, employee, asset/property, and customer related components of the deal structure and closure.
- Retained by an enterprise application provider to assist in the identification of potential acquisition targets in new strategic vertical markets.
- Served as an advisor to a provider of mobile solutions for the physical security and emergency first responder segments of the Homeland Security market. Worked with the CEO to develop operational plans and strategies to accommodate growth in sales and delivery execution.
- Retained by a global provider of automated point-of-use dispensing use technologies to lead the implementation of a new ERP system to replace seven existing, disparate home-grown applications. Also led the definition, selection, negotiation of an on-shore/off-shore project to restructure & rewrite the hosted support software backbone of the company’s solution offering.
Recruited and hired by Board of Directors after their initial investment to lead the next phase of the company's development. Developed & executed tactical and strategic plans to redefine every aspect of the company including the entire technical, solutions and services offering, as well as a new marketing message coupled with stream-lined go-to market sales approach. Revamped services & support processes and developed wide-ranging technical partnerships and alliances.
- Planned and executed a turnaround from financial losses ($400k+/month) to operating profit within 13 months of taking over the company. These results were achieved while replacing 40% of the monthly recurring revenue by adding new client/sales revenue, re-negotiating or eliminating negative margin revenue and eliminating poorly defined solutions offerings from the installed base of clients.
- Successfully re-negotiated a variety of vendor and external liability contracts, saving the company over $1M in expenses.
- Developed and led a market awareness program to find suitable acquisition companies for company exit. Secured five interested parties, garnered four viable offers and negotiated a final exit that valued the company at almost 2x times revenue despite unique market conditions
Hired by Board of Directors to return company to profitability, produce a viable organization following a loosely executed merger, and restore customer confidence. Provided P&L and operating leadership with a focus on managing sales, marketing, R&D, services, IT/hosting center and support departments. Managed a team of 150
Held P&L and operations management responsibility for the 240-member services, support and training organization as company tripled annual sales in two years and went public. Focused on driving rapid expansion of U.S. operations to effectively support explosive growth and implement new client projects. Provided strategy and negotiations support to sales team on sales to customers in Europe, Japan, Australia, Central and Latin America. Managed partner relationships with Oracle, Manugisitcs, Datalogix, TRW and others. Coordinated with product development and marketing team located in Sweden.
Started as field consultant, ended as VP of Services. Was an awesome place to work & learn. Some of the smartest people I ever met
Led a team of strategic and implementation consultants
Implemented MSA ERP and HBO Medical Record systems
- Strategic Planning
- Rapid Growth
- Operational Execution
- Product Development
- Enterprise Software
- Team Building
- Sales Management
- Change Management
- New Business Development
- Operations Management
- Sales Operations
- Strategic Partnerships
- Program Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Professional Services
- Solution Selling
- Sales Process
- Management Consulting
- Project Planning
- Product Management
- Cloud Computing
- See 22+ See less
Find a different Kevin Hart
Find a different Kevin Hart
Team Lead - Hart Property Advisors at KW Consultants
Columbus, Ohio Area
President at Kevin Hart Associates
Greater Detroit Area
Greater Los Angeles Area
Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer at Cox Communications
Greater Atlanta Area
Helping Organizations Implement Challenger Selling Globally
Washington D.C. Metro Area
People Also Viewed
CEO at Tekserve
Vice President, Corporate Sales and Services at Tekserve
Cannabis Business Developer
Product Manager at OTG Management
CFO at Tekserve
Director of Information Technology at AlJazeera America