Content Writer for Thought Leaders, Marketers and Coaches
- Greater New York City Area
- Writing and Editing
Kim Brittingham's Overview
- Principal at Kim Brittingham & Co.
- Author at Random House, AudioGO
- Feature Writer and Podcast Interviewer at Uncorked Monthly
- Instructor at Gotham Writers' Workshop
Kim Brittingham's Summary
You’re the inspiration. I’m the wordsmith. Together, we can set minds on fire.
You’ve got a message and you’re just about to burst.
Maybe you’re an aspiring professional speaker with a gift for transforming stagnant perceptions.
Maybe you’re a coach or trainer whose teachings are growing — and blowing — people’s minds.
Maybe you’re so passionate about your area of expertise that your insights go beyond anything we know today.
Meanwhile, you know the world has its leaders, gurus, and go-to experts who are so in-demand, they have to fight for time out of the limelight. And that’s exactly where you want to be.
So what do they have that you don’t?
Chances are, your favorite speakers and gurus have branded content out in the world, helping them build and nurture a strong platform. They’ve probably authored multiple books. Maybe they publish fresh blog posts every week, issue a monthly newsletter, and offer free special reports for download from their website. You might even listen to their podcast, or watch their video series. And they’ve always got something of value to offer on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. They’re even writing guest posts on other influencers’ blogs.
Where do they find time to create all this stuff?
Maybe they’re working with me.
You can, too.
Let’s partner up and create your unique brand of:
- Books and ebooks
- Blog posts
- Special reports, white papers
- Podcast scripts
- Video scripts
- Workbooks, teaching materials and seminar hand-outs
- Speeches, and much more.
Oh, I almost forgot -- I'm also the author of two commercially published books: Read My Hips (2011, Random House) and Write That Memoir Right Now (2013, AudioGo).
Learn more at www.KimWrites.com.
Kim Brittingham's Experience
Sole Proprietorship; 1-10 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
January 2009 – Present (5 years 10 months) New York, NY
Content contractor to thought leaders, coaches and marketers. I provide writing services including the creation of blog posts, book manuscripts, eBooks, special reports and white papers, video scripts, podcast scripts, newsletter articles and much more.
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Publishing industry
November 2008 – Present (6 years)
- Author of memoir READ MY HIPS: How I Learned to Love My Body, Ditch Dieting and Live Large, published May 2011 by Random House/Crown imprint Three Rivers Press. For more information, visit http://www.readmyhips.net
- Author of Write That Memoir Right Now, published April 2012 by AudioGO. For more information visit http://www.writethatmemoirrightnow.com
Feature Writer and Podcast Interviewer
Public Company; Myself Only; Wine and Spirits industry
June 2014 – Present (5 months)
Interviewing wine industry professionals for podcast, writing feature articles for wine enthusiasts' website.
Educational Institution; 51-200 employees; Writing and Editing industry
November 2011 – Present (3 years) New York, NY
Teaching both in-person and online courses in blogging and blog promotion to adult learners.
On-Camera Video Host & Script Writer
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Entertainment industry
July 2009 – December 2010 (1 year 6 months) NBCUniversal and Other
- Host and Writer of Video Series, "Big Life", 2008-2009. Recruited by NBC Universal to create and host video series for use on its family of web sites, including iVillage and NeverSayDiet.com; participated in conceptualization of series; wrote script; composed interview questions; conducted on-camera interviews; served as primary on-screen talent.
- Host and Writer of Video Series, "Kim Weighs In", 2009-2010. Created video series "Kim Weighs In"; wrote scripts; acted as primary on-camera talent; recruited additional on-camera talent; scouted locations; acted as stylist; obtained wardrobe pieces from manufacturers; obtained additional products from manufacturers or public relations representatives; created and populated Facebook and Twitter accounts for the series; created and populated web site for series.
Instructional Designer, Writer, Trainer, Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Law Practice industry
August 2007 – August 2008 (1 year 1 month)
Created "Darby U" internal training program; designed and composed "Darby U" learning materials, including user-friendly "how-to" manuals for IPDAS software and office procedures; created and populated "Darby U" intranet resource; performed orientation and training for newly hired secretaries and attorneys; prepared documents for U.S. utility patent applications using IPDAS software; typed patent specifications using a Dictaphone machine and made subsequent edits
Kim Brittingham's Publications
Kim Brittingham's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Animal Welfare
- Arts and Culture
- Civil Rights and Social Action
- Disaster and Humanitarian Relief
- Economic Empowerment
- Human Rights
- Poverty Alleviation
- Science and Technology
- Social Services
Kim Brittingham's Skills & Expertise
- Creative Writing
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Press Releases
- Social Media Marketing
- Public Speaking
- Social Networking
- Copy Editing
- Content Development
- Content Strategy
- Feature Articles
- Online Marketing
- Web Content
- Content Management
- Published Author
- Freelance Writing
- Digital Media
Kim Brittingham's Education
Kim Brittingham's Additional Information
Contact Kim for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch