Managing Partner at State Of Affairs
- Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Media Production
Kendrick Jackson's Overview
- Managing Partner at State Of Affairs
Kendrick Jackson's Summary
i believe we should always be testing data to question the norm. Most of my career has been spent telling stories out complex data. I am a digital marketing strategist and entrepreneur. I truly believe in quality work environments, community development and collaboration to solve the problems of the greater good. The areas in which I execute at my finest are team building and management, creation and distribution of digital content.
I also enjoy Identifying and targeting influencer groups both on and offline. I can attribute my success to taking a consultative approach with stakeholders through creating branded content strategies. My online experience is complimented in my ability to create and manage events and video productions offline. To sum it up, I am a digital media professional who enjoys influencing opinions through high quality content.
Kendrick Jackson's Experience
State Of Affairs
May 2013 – Present (1 year 5 months) 2108 Vermont Ave nw washington d.c.
State of Affairs is a menswear showroom & coffee bar offering independent apparel & other lifestyle products serving the global professional man of taste.
My focus as managing partner has been to secure a permanent location for our store and manage the day to day operations of launching in the district.
We offer a completely new lifestyle experience that compares to none. With a in-house tailor, fully stocked bar and cafe. Our goal is to re-invent the traditional retail experience.
Marketing Coordinator and Channel Content Manager
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Online Media industry
January 2012 – May 2013 (1 year 5 months) washington d.c. metro area
InTheCapital is a media company targeting millennial’s and entrepreneurs in the D.C. Metropolitan region with verticals focusing on lifestyle, entrepreneurship, politics, and technology. Being one of the founding employees; my focus was to manage all of the day to day outreach and relationship management with our partners. I also assisted with the creation and distribution of our content. In November 2012 InTheCapital’s parent Streetwise Media was purchased by Advance Publications (parent company to Washington Business Jounal). During the time of my departure InTheCapital accumulated over 3 million unique visitors per month to the blog site. It was here that I was able to build a deep understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience.
• Managed logistics and for securing location, vendors and guest list for quarterly pillar events.
• I worked directly with an editorial team of experienced digital journalist to ensure that the distribution of each story reached a pre-determined group of digital influencers.
• Oversaw all execution regarding client news distribution via editorial calendar over the following platforms: Wordpress , Facebook fan page, Linkedin company and group page, twitter, tumblr, google+ and mailchimp.
• Managed editorial direction of 150 internal private labeled blogs known as “channels” for companies in the fields of financial services, business, technology, energy, healthcare and public policy. I would syndicate their blog to our viewers. Coordinated and hosted monthly networking events for 200+ individuals various locations around the district.
Senior Account Director
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
September 2010 – December 2011 (1 year 4 months) Falls Church, Virginia
NewsUSA is a twenty year old company that allows PR firms and brands to leverage their stories both on the web and traditional print media by syndicating to pre-determined outlets throughout North America
I was initially hired to manage the accounts on small to medium sized businesses on the newly developed Social Syndication platform. We quickly learned that it was possible to leverage the organizations print distribution outlets to have our content placed on their websites. This increased each campaign to minimum reach of 60 million viewers.
I helped with the development and launch of “TrackIt” product. This allowed clients to search for their distributed content as a whole, rather than keywords. We also managed the data entry and analysis for our clients
• Developed “BlogIt” another product which allows NewsUSA to create a blog and develop weekly content for the clients to be re-syndicated
• I Managed the daily distribution of content via: digg, reddit, facebook, twitter, stumbleupon, tumblr,google+,wordpress and over 50-100 other content sites. We would release three to four stories on average daily
• Developed relationships with editors and bloggers that are relevant to our clients industry. I would then identify which relationships to leverage based off the story type to guarantee the maximum amount of placements.
Managing Partner and Co Founder
January 2009 – November 2011 (2 years 11 months) Mclean Virginia
eFocus is an elite online media company designed for business looking to reach a elite and smart customer base. We focus on the creation, hosting, and delivering your message throughout the web.
We have contracted the most talanted videographers and directors to create incredible viral series for our clients.
Our mobile App and online engineering team ensures that we can distribute the content in all mediums to thousands of online outlets.
Online Media and Fundraising Coordinator (Contract)
Nonprofit; 1-10 employees; Political Organization industry
June 2010 – November 2010 (6 months) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Norml is this country's oldest organization focused on lobbying the legal reform for marijuana legislation.
My focus was to help drive awareness and funding through NORML’s existing key stakeholders which consisted of over 1,000 criminal defense attorneys in the U.S.
• We then began production and development of NORML TV which is a weekly 15 minute segment focusing on the issues regarding Reform, Medical, Industry, and Legislation.
• Through NORML’s online efforts, it allowed me to build and foster relationships with some of our larger corporate sponsors.
• Work directly with contractors on various projects including, web development and video production.
Business Development and Media Coordinator
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Media Production industry
May 2009 – June 2010 (1 year 2 months) McLean Virginia
I was contracted to help build and develop Bezoom’s local market recognition within the D.C. Metropolitan area. Being that I had experience working videography events in D.C. throughout college, this was a perfect fit.
During my time at Bezoom I was executive producer for over forty, 2-minute online video segments in various industries.
* Perform responsibilities to conduct search engine optimization as well as online marketing initiatives to increase the visibility and traffic of the website
* Handled the tasks to prepare and maintain video clips, audio feeds and images of the website
* Designed, developed and distribute the content for the 39 Studio Communications web site
* Coordinated with staff members in the development of social media strategies, station e-mail campaigns, and other media platforms
* Handle responsibilities to assist Online Producer to design the web pages and materials to create station website
* Handled the tasks to update the site materials through the production of content in a variety of formats like audio and video clips, Web pages, flash greetings photo galleries and social media
* Responsible to provide staff members with tools and training to implement Web page updates
Kendrick Jackson's Skills & Expertise
- Project Execution
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Digital Media
- Marketing Communications
- Project Management
- Media Strategy
- New Media
- Press Releases
- Web 2.0
- Mobile Applications
- Content Development
- Public Relations
- Social Networking
- Online Advertising
- Google Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Web Marketing
- Strategic Communications
- Brand Development
- Content Strategy
- Web Analytics
- Digital Strategy
- Business Development
- Corporate Communications
- Integrated Marketing
- Media Relations
- Content Management
- Mobile Marketing
Kendrick Jackson's Education
Kendrick Jackson's Additional Information
Contact Kendrick for:
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch