Global Online SEO Technology Lead at Dell
- Austin, Texas Area
Keith Goode's Overview
- Global Online SEO Technology Lead at Dell
- University of North Carolina at Asheville
- Enka High School
Keith Goode's Summary
An experienced search marketing professional with experience in writing copy, copyediting, website design, landing page optimization, keyword research, pay-per-click advertising, analytics/reporting, team management and social media/networking.
Copywriting, Editing, Proofreading, Web Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Website Analytics, Content Development, Research, MLA style Writing, and Presentation Development.
Keith Goode's Experience
Global Online SEO Technology Lead
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; DELL; Information Technology and Services industry
June 2011 – Present (3 years 4 months) Austin, Texas Area
The Online Search Programs Sr. Advisor will be an important member of Dell’s Global Online Search team which oversees both SEO for Dell.com and Dell domains.
In this role, the individual will drive significant traffic to Dell.com through search engine optimization techniques. This will include working with partner teams to analyze site data to drive opportunities in content and landing page optimization and provide training to key stakeholder groups. This role will have global scope and deliver benefits to all of our customer segments from transactional to commercial.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
· Evangelize the benefits of search engine optimization across business marketing and operations teams across our regions
· Execute SEO projects in different areas of our site including the purchase path, solutions content and eSupport
· Analyze natural search performance to identify opportunities for financial and customer experience improvements and track success
· Drive adoption of search and content best practices across Dell online
· Provide expertise in SEO and keep up with industry changes
· Be able to assess site areas for key SEO elements and make recommendations for improvements
· Model business benefit and ROI of search initiatives
Director of Search Engine Optimization
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Internet industry
July 2010 – March 2011 (9 months)
• Managed SpareFoot's network of self storage aggregator websites, including:
• Effected the following organic improvements
▪ 141.19% increase in organic traffic
▪ 3100% increase in Top 5 positions in Google
▪ 1444.44% increase in Top 10 positions in Google
▪ 656% increase in Top 20 positions in Google
▪ 31.71% increase in Top 5 positions in Google
▪ 7.60% increase in Top 10 positions in Google
▪ 25.41% increase in Top 20 positions in Google
▪ 118.94% increase in organic traffic
▪ 1400% increase in Top 5 positions in Google
▪ 1212.50% increase in Top 10 positions in Google
▪ 1227.78% increase in Top 20 positions in Google
• Provided overall strategy and execution across 3 brands
• Managed vendor relations for content development and link building
• Communicated site performance on a weekly basis to the company
Search Engine Marketing Manager
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Real Estate industry
October 2008 – July 2010 (1 year 10 months)
• Managed the search engine optimization strategy for Builder Homesite's major sites, including:
• Managed BHI's pay-per-click resale service from 10/2008 to 7/2009. Clients included Lennar,Meritage Homes, David Weekley Homes and Quadrant Homes.
• Managed BHI's pay-per-click efforts for NewHomeSource.com and NewHomes.Move.com.
• Managed and contributed to blog.newhomesource.com and blog.builderhomesite.com
• Provided SEO consultation for other business segments of BHI/BDX, including BHI Media, EXSquared,and New Home Source Professional
• Established BHI/BDX's social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
• Maintained and administered NewHomeSource and NewHomes.Move.com lead partnerships
with AOL Real Estate, Yahoo Real Estate, MSN Real Estate, Oodle, Movoto, Zillow, Trulia,HomeGain, HomeFinder, RealEstate.com, and others.
• Established relationships with third-party content providers, such as IdeaLaunch.com, to develop content for the blogs and the New Home Guide.
• Presented monthly traffic and ranking reports to the executive team.
• Developed a site content strategy for NewHomeSource to mitigate one of the worst years on record for new home sales. Despite a 23.54% drop in visits, we saw a resulting lift in referring
keywords of 11.55%.
SEO Team Lead
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Internet industry
August 2007 – September 2008 (1 year 2 months)
• Managed a team of 2 copywriters, 1 analyst, and 2 link builders, providing project management direction as well as coaching.
• Directed projects for copywriters and link builders designed to increase the relevant keyword density of site content and increase the number of links (both internal and external) to HomeAway.com with the proper anchor text. Efforts helped produce the following results:
◦ Combined with structural and technological changes to the site, our efforts produced a 562% increase in organic search traffic between February 2007 and August 2008
◦ Keyword diversity was increased 680% in searches used to find HomeAway.com. Our efforts to increase relevant keyword density on our search results pages allowed for this increase from just 64,946 in February 2007 to 441,549 in August of 2008
◦ Search engines went from being 22.24% of our traffic source to 50.39%.
◦ Absolute unique visitors increased 252% from February 2007 to August 2008, from 396,096 to 996,433.
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Internet industry
March 2007 – August 2007 (6 months)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; AMD; Semiconductors industry
March 2006 – March 2007 (1 year 1 month)
- Proofread and edited content copy prior to migration and reviewed programmatically migrated content for broken HTML.
- Created and validated content using Documentum and Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server.
- Analyzed and validated content for migration from Vignette 5.0 to Documentum, confirming taxonomy and template assignment.
- Coordinated new site headers and wrappers on third-party AMD sites and micro-sites.
- Managed Image Tracking for migrated content with the Design Team, including leading and organizing project meetings.
August 2003 – March 2006 (2 years 8 months)
- Write compelling copy for business plans, websites, marketing, and other documents needed to successfully launch client businesses.
- Edit and proofread all published material prior to publication to the public.
- Provide consultation services on content for websites and other documentation, providing research, content appraisal, and alternatives for making all materials appealing as well as compelling.
Product Support Technician
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; GIVN; Medical Devices industry
April 2003 – August 2004 (1 year 5 months)
- Consulted and mentored medical professionals in all of the technical aspects of the Given system, including FDA compliance and system utilization.
- Coordinated with Givens corporate headquarters in Yokneam, Israel to establish standard messaging and training for the Product Support Team.
- Provided mentorship and training of other Product Support team members and field sales representatives.
Technical Liaison/Client Services Account Manager
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Internet industry
March 1998 – January 2003 (4 years 11 months)
- Edited/proofread hundreds of submissions for online content weekly.
- Developed a variety of technical documentation used throughout the company.
- Developed first organized training program in the Company for the Customer Service department.
- Initiated the use of a technical knowledge database.
- Provided proofreading, copywriting, e-mail and banner ad campaign tracking and reporting, and competitive analysis for the Marketing Department.
- Wrote job search and resume writing articles on behalf of ComputerJobs.com for use at technical schools, such as AIU and TechTrain.
- Provided initial and ongoing training as well as ongoing mentorship of all technical support staff.
- Consulted the Product Development & Technology team regarding changes that needed to be made to the site. Also acted as a liaison between the PD&T team and the rest of the company to announce site changes.
Keith Goode's Courses
Global Online SEO Technology Lead
- Instructor - SEO Technical - Dell University (GMKT0007)
- Certified Scrum Master Training
Keith Goode's Volunteer Experience & Causes
June 2013 – present (1 year 4 months)
- Arts and Culture
SEO analysis and advisement.
Director and Reader
LEARNING ALLY -- formerly Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic (RFB&D)
January 2014 – present (9 months)
Learning Ally is a membership organization supporting people with dyslexia and print disabilities. Audiobooks and parent support services help students do better in school and give parents access to experts who can help. Directors monitor volunteer readers for accuracy and ensure high-quality recordings. Readers read textbooks and other written materials aloud in a recording studio, providing learners with the opportunity to comprehend their material.
Causes I care about:
- Animal Welfare
- Arts and Culture
- Science and Technology
Organizations I support:
- Japan-America Society of Greater Austin
- Planet Sustainability - Dell ERG
- Conexus Global Connect - Dell ERG
Keith Goode's Certifications
Social Media and Communities Certification - Dell
- August 2011
seoClarity User Certification
- May 2014
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)
- Scrum Alliance
- License 338299
- June 2014 to June 2016
Keith Goode's Skills & Expertise
- Web Analytics
- Keyword Research
- Landing Page Optimization
- Organic Search
- Google Analytics
- Web Content Management
- Social Media
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Link Building
- Content Development
- Conversion Optimization
- Web Content
- Affiliate Marketing
- Site Audits
- Online Marketing
- Web Design
- Content Strategy
- Web Architecture
- Google Adwords
- Content Migration
- Site Maps
- Certified Scrum Master CSM
- Agile Methodologies
Keith Goode's Education
B.A., Literature & History
1989 – 1994
Activities and Societies: President, Student Government Association; Member, University Board of Trustees; Member, University Foundation Council; Member, University Planning Council; Executive for External Affairs; Senator, Student Government Association; Justice, Student Court; Founding Father of Mu Eta Chapter of Sigma Nu Fraternity; Founder of Greenfest, a University-wide Annual Clean-up Project
Enka High School
HS, High School
1984 – 1989
Activities and Societies: Spanish Honor Society
Keith Goode's Additional Information
Philosophy/Psychology, Fiction Writing, Web Design for Personal Interest Sites, Copywriting / editing, Search Engine Optimization, Landing Page Optimization, Usability, Digital Photography, Videography
- Groups and Associations:
Jung Society of Austin, Sigma Nu Fraternity
- Honors and Awards:
Bronze Award, eDell, Q2 FY13 2012
Above and Beyond Award, Given Imaging, 3rd Quarter 2003
ComputerJobs.com Client Services Teamwork Award, 1st Quarter 1999
Outstanding Contribution to the University Community, 1990-1993
Emerging Leader of the Year, 1991