Consultor OFSA at Tilsor
- Information Technology and Services
Karina Medina's Overview
- Consultor OFSA at Tilsor
- ETL Architect at Pernod Ricard
- Product Marketing Analyst - Senior BI Developer at Sabre Holdings
- Software and BI Developer at IPCom Technologies
- Software and BI Developer – Team Lead at Tata Consultancy Services
- Software Developer at MCSoft
Karina Medina's Summary
10+ years of experience on Software Development, most of it related to Business Intelligence
projects including application data integration, data warehousing design, reporting
development and complex data analysis.
Strong technology background supported by a Computer Engineering Degree, plus specific
training on BI and ETL tools.
Proactive team player, able to work independently and provide creative and effective solutions
to solve business needs.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Strong
planning and time management skills.
Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills. Able to interact with both
technical and business audiences. Able to work with culturally diverse teams.
Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
• Worked in all phases of data warehouse development and reporting/analysis, including
- ETL: Informatica PowerCenter, Integration Services, Cognos Decision Stream, Database
- Multidimensiona modeling and cubes: Cognos PowerPlay
- Reporting: Cognos Report Studio, Cognos Analysis Studio, TRX Paradox, Actuate
• Strong knowledge of SQL and data handling using the following technologies:
- SQL Server, Oracle, PL/SQL, DB2, Informix, MySql
• Developed software using several languages and technologies including:
Karina Medina's Experience
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
May 2013 – Present (1 year 5 months) Uruguay, Montevideo
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; RI; Wine and Spirits industry
March 2012 – March 2013 (1 year 1 month) Zonamerica - Biotec Office 10
Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining data integration between different
business unit applications and corporate data warehouse.
Leading ETL new development and enhancements on existing data integration platform, giving
support to development team and solving technical issues.
In charge of development quality assurance and change management, establishing
development policies, procedures and standards.
Responsible for ETL server administration, scheduling and security.
Monitoring production operations and data loads.
Product Marketing Analyst - Senior BI Developer
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
November 2008 – March 2012 (3 years 5 months)
Responsible for developing and delivering performance reporting and ad-hoc analysis for
travel agencies in the context of Revenue Management and Airline Contract Optimization.
Handling communication with customers, identifying reporting needs and gathering
requirements at high and low level.
Developing complex SQL queries and database stored procedures which extract and process
Modeling of dimensional and relational booking data used by reporting tools and cubes.
Responsible for evaluation and selection of BI tools and database design solutions.
In charge of server administration, back office data loading, archiving of big tables and
Software and BI Developer
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Telecommunications industry
October 2007 – October 2008 (1 year 1 month)
Responsible for designing and implementing a dimensional model for TELCO data intended to
analyze customer’s behavior and focus/adjust marketing campaings.
Development and deployment of a web application which supports Ring Back Tone feature for
mobile service providers.
Development of reporting module for Ring Back Tone application used to measure service
demand and profitability.
Software and BI Developer – Team Lead
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; TCS; Information Technology and Services industry
July 2003 – October 2007 (4 years 4 months)
- Leading a team of 6 people during the migration of existing financial reporting module
to a new platform.
- In charge of tasks assignment and follow up, troubleshooting, performance tuning.
- Migration and maintenance of data processing module.
- Leading a team of 6 people during the design of a multidimensional model for
- Development of reporting and data analysis muddles, testing and performance tuning.
- In charge of task assignment and follow up, requirement analysis, customer
- Development of ETL processes for insurance enterprise data warehouse.
- Multidimensional modeling and cube development.
- Leading a team of 3 people during maintenance and enhancements development for a
- In charge of change request analysis, programming, task assignment and follow up,
- Design and development of a web application for airplane maintenance planning and
Karina Medina's Skills & Expertise
- Business Intelligence
- Data Warehousing
- SQL Server
- Data Analysis
- Performance Reporting
- Cognos ReportStudio
- Cognos PowerPlay
- Cognos AnalysisStudio
- Cognos Administration
- Informatica PowerCenter Developer
- Informatica PowerCenter Administrator
- Microsoft SQL Server
Karina Medina's Education
Karina Medina's Additional Information
Contact Karina for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch