Award Winning Digital Media and Strategy Expert
- Greater Atlanta Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Joshua Johnson's Overview
- AT&T Senior Marketing Manager - Retail Media and Strategy at AT&T
- Founding Partner & Lead Digital Marketing Director at SecureandCharge.com
- Account Manager / Lead Technology Event Manager at The Marketing Arm (TMA - Omnicom Agency)
- Program Director / Sales Manager at Ogden Design and Creative Services
- Lead Event Sales Manager at BellSouth / Cingular Wireless
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Kennesaw University
Joshua Johnson's Summary
Experienced, creative and self motivated digital media marketing strategist who has managed numerous award winning projects for multiple high profile retailers, sporting events and venues.
- Digital Media Project Management (Mobile Apps, Digital Signage, Retail Media and Online)
- Omni-Channel Strategy and Integration
- Retail / Event Digital Signage Strategy & Deployment
- Interactive Kiosks and Displays
- Experiential Marketing
- Event Ideation, Management and Logistical Execution
- Social Media Marketing
- Website Development (HTML 5, CSS and Adobe Suites CS6)
- UX Strategy
- Database Implementation
- Analytic and ROI Measurement
Joshua Johnson's Experience
AT&T Senior Marketing Manager - Retail Media and Strategy
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; T; Telecommunications industry
June 2012 – Present (2 years 5 months) atlanta, georgia
- 2014 Retail and Multi-Platform Content of the Year Gold Award Winner from DSE.
- Directly report to Karin Fazzio (12 time Telly Award Winner, 5 time Davey Award Winner and 2012 AFA Silver Medalist)
- Currently assist with day-to-day marketing strategy and digital media content development for AT&T's Flagship Store on Chicago's Michigan Avenue.
- Tasked with managing 2012 and 2013 AT&T retail holiday digital signage content development and deployment.
- Current lead digital project manager for AT&T's Store of the Future.
- Managed numerous retail media projects with top agencies including Maxmedia, EWI, NWO and Razorfish.
Founding Partner & Lead Digital Marketing Director
March 2011 – June 2012 (1 year 4 months) marietta, ga
Secure and Charge, LLC specializes in developing some of the world's fastest and easy to use mobile device charging stations and app displays. Our clients include AT&T, Coca-Cola, Hyatt Regency, CSE and TXU Energy.
Account Manager / Lead Technology Event Manager
Public Company; 201-500 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
April 2008 – March 2011 (3 years) Dallas, TX
2010 Winner of Creative Marketing Agency of the Year by Promo Magazine – The Marketing Arm, a promotions and events agency that helps build brands through entertainment, sports, multicultural, and experiential marketing.
Responsibilities included developing, implementing, and managing event marketing programs for AT&T clients around major sport and event sponsorships. Specific focus on utilizing new technology to enhance consumer experience during sponsored activities.
- Implemented new digital signage and consumer interactives for the AT&T client at Yankees Stadium, AT&T Center, AT&T Park, The Masters, AT&T National Pro-Am and World Cup Mobile Tour.
- Successfully sold and executed of over 45 marketing programs.
- Developed highly successful B2C sales program that has sustained 15%+ ROI growth from 2008 - 2011.
- Have directly managed day-to-day operations for over 120+ field staff and managers.
- Created and successfully managed multiple $1 million+ program budgets.
- Developed multiple digital program management, reporting and event measurement tools.
Program Director / Sales Manager
Ogden Design and Creative Services
March 2004 – April 2008 (4 years 2 months)
Ogden Design specializes in mobile marketing and creative services for Fortune 100 companies (BellSouth, Home Depot, AT&T, Cingular, and Coca-Cola Corporation).
- Created and successfully directed Ogden Creative Sales and Staffing Division.
- Grew sales growth by over 43% in five year period, generating over $5+ million value to client programs.
- Hired, trained, and manged over 55 field sales managers and product specialists.
- Event management and logistical execution of over 300+ sports sponsorship events.
- Successfully executed 20+ on-field promotions.
- Worked hand-in-hand with over 23+ major universities on fulfilment of client sponsorships.
Lead Event Sales Manager
BellSouth / Cingular Wireless
April 2001 – May 2005 (4 years 2 months)
Hired, trained and managed a dedicated sales event team for BellSouth Sports Marketing client focused on generating on-site consumer sales during sponsored sporting, mobile tour, and retail events. In the course of five year as lead sales manager, successfully grew on-site event sales of BellSouth residential products by an average of 23% each year.
Joshua Johnson's Honors and Awards
AT&T Brand Experience Store Appreciation AwardPaul Roth - President AT&T
- December 2012
Personally presented award from Paul Roth (President of AT&T) for my individual contributions to creating the AT&T Brand Experience Store.
Special Merit Award for Innovation in Customer Experience & TechnologyRetail Design Institute
- January 2013
Senior manager on the AT&T retail team which won the 2012 Retail Design Institute international award for innovation. "AT&T Flagship Store has completely reinvented the traditional sales experience, changing it from transaction to “interaction.”
2014 Content of the Year Gold Award WinnerDigital Signage Expo
- February 2014
2014 Gold Content of the Year Award Winner - Retail & Multi- Platform Catagories
2014 Communicator Silver Award - In Store VideoAcademy of Interactive & Visual Arts
- June 2014
The Communicator Awards is the leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications. The Communicator Awards is sanctioned and judged by the Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts, an invitation-only group consisting of top-tier professionals from acclaimed media, communications, advertising, creative and marketing firms. AIVA members include executives from organizations such as Airtype Studio, Big Spaceship, Conde Nast, Coach, Disney, The Ellen Degeneres Show, Estee Lauder, Fry Hammond Barr, Lockheed Martin, MTV Networks, Pitney Bowes, rabble+rouser, Sotheby's Institute of Art, Time, Inc, Victoria's Secret, Wired, and Yahoo!
Joshua Johnson's Projects
Team Members: Joshua Johnson, Karin Ness Fazzio, Leanne Cook, Rob Harding, Greg Ciociola, David Gacsko | Creative Director, Karla M. Shurn
- September 2012 to Present
AT&T Opens Flagship Retail Store on Chicago's Famed Magnificent Mile
10,000 Square-Foot Space Showcases What Consumers Can Do With AT&T Products, Innovations and Wireless Technology
- July 2013 to Present
Over time, AT&T aims to move all of its stores to the Store of the Future design, with the first store already open for AT&T employees at the company’s campus in Atlanta. The first public-facing store is due to open in La Grange, Ill., with 15 to 20 redesigned stores planned for before the end of the year.
“We believe we have the winning formula, and we are going to start rolling it out,” - Paul Roth.
Joshua Johnson's Skills & Expertise
- Experiential Marketing
- Event Marketing
- Event Management
- Technical Writing
- HTML + CSS
- Graphic Design
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Signage
- Sales Management
- Flash Video
- Website Development
- Website Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Development
- MS Office Suite
- Digital Video
- Mobile Marketing
- Account Management
- Interactive Development
- Relationship Marketing
- Social Media
- Event Planning
- Mobile Devices
- Digital Strategy
- Retail Technology
- Integrated Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Project Management
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Marketing Management
- Social Networking
- Interactive Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
Joshua Johnson's Education
BS Marketing, Social Media Marketing Concentration
2014 – 2016 (expected)
Bachelor of Science, Information Systems 2005
2000 – 2005
Joshua Johnson's Additional Information
Website development, tennis, and being a devoted father and husband.
- Groups and Associations:
Directly managed marketing campaigns for the following clients: AT&T Mobility, AT&T Digital Life, BellSouth, Cingular, Home Depot, Coca-Cola, Amazon, Google, Motorola, Facebook, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, LG, San Antonio Spurs, New York Yankees, The Masters, Boston Marathon, San Francisco Giants, Atlanta Braves, AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, and over 15 Division One College Football Programs.
- Honors and Awards:
2010 Kiosk Con National Award Winner For Self Serve Kiosk: AT&T Fan Zone Prize Redemption Kiosk (Served on project development team)