Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto
Senior Software Engineer at Simply Business
|Recommendations||4 people have recommended José Pedro|
Join LinkedIn & access José Pedro's full profile
I consider myself a highly versatile person that can quickly adapt to any "foreign" environment and/or development requirement with a short learning curve and pro-active posture.
- Knowledge of Binary, Decimal and Hexadecimal code.
- Usage of language frameworks like, jQuery (implementation and plugin development) and PHP frameworks (MVC).
- Expert knowledge and experience of Wordpress platform as a frontend developer and plugin developer.
- Advanced understanding and experience on Apache functionalities and good experience with .htaccess management and development.
- Advanced understanding and experience on Nginx and high performance server configurations.
- Hubot evangelist :)
Working as a Backend Software Engineer, handcrafting performant applications using Ruby and JRuby. Specialising in RESTful API development.
My responsibility was to develop a new fast, reliable, scalable and robust RESTful API, from scratch, for one of Digital Science sub-companies.
- Ruby/JRuby, Java, XML and JSON
- Jenkins, Chef Cookbooks, NewRelic (server monitoring)
- Sinatra, Nokogiri, Java, SimpleXML, RSpec, Rake, Bundle, Faraday, Omniauth, AMQP, Bunny
- Redis (Ohm gem for model implementation)
- Trinidad and Torquebox. Multi server, load balanced server implementation with Amazon ELB.
- HTTP/HTTPS (RESTful)
- Test-Driven Development in an Agile Environment
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Vagrant (local development sandbox)
- Usage of Queue Managers like RabbitMQ in a Ruby environment
- Intermediate experience with Java architecture and programming logic (reason why JRuby was chosen)
My role at Bluekora, apart from being its former co-founder, is leading all of the IT department where our Software Engineers work.
I have had the chance to manage a team of 3 Software Engineers (one of them an iOS developer) on multiple projects and occasions.
I’m also responsible for managing all of Bluekora server infrastructure where we work with cloud servers, VPSs, email delivery servers (Postfix), and optimizing platforms like Magento and WordPress for high availability and user response.
It all started as a simple idea for my internship project. The goal was to develop a project management solution, something similar to what we can find on the Internet. While I was doing research on this subject, I came across good, already existing solutions such as GitHub, BaseCamp, Get a Freelancer, etc. So we began to think of ways to develop something that could, in theory, compete and rival all the others in terms of quality and function. At this point, the idea to develop an Online Community came out and so work began. All the programming, framework and structure of this new project was developed and created from scratch. Flocks application design was created by Tiago Restivo, my "boss" at the time.
The project started around April but it was only in mid-September that Flocks emerged. At this time Marco Sousa was invited as a Designer and Adelino Faria as Supporting Developer.
With this Community-Oriented Application we aim to provide functional ways to interact, work, develop, manage, outsource and create using a solid, easy-to-use and user-friendly solution, Flocks!
This application will provide you, for free:
- Complete access to an Online Community developed from the very beginning.
- Complete access to the Project Management application, also developed from scratch that takes into account, usability, easy access, fast actions and extreme functionality.
- A way to let the others develop and interact with your projects by getting the best and/or the cheapest solution.
- Keep everything in one place. No need to use more than one solution, we have what you need and if we don't, we'll gladly create it for you.
- Connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts to the Community.
- Share your public tasks by using Flocks, Twitter and Facebook accounts or use a well known online solution to share them with other communities.
Freelancing for Estudio384 on a regular basis.
Website development, managing and implementation.
Company where I developed my University Internship Project (Flocks.biz).
After finishing my internship I continued working for this company as a freelancer.
Not as my primary department at CoreCreations but simply as basic support to our Lead Designer.
I entered this project with 3 other colleagues while I was still at the University. This project / company gave me most of the insight and know-how to start Bluekora.
Jovem empreendedor na área de tecnologias da informação.
Mais informação em:
"Licenciado em Engenharia Informática, curso que terminou em 2010, José Pedro Airosa é co-fundador da Bluekora – Agência Web & Comunicação, Lda, onde é responsável pelo Departamento Web e Administração de Sistemas. A ambição de montar o próprio negócio foi testada quando criou a CoreCreations e foi a aprendizagem adquirida que o levou à Bluekora. A empresa conta com uma equipa jovem e dedicada «tendo já neste momento necessidade de crescer mais». Considera que «o trabalho de um engenheiro é fundamentalmente desenvolver soluções fiáveis para uma determinada necessidade e que o empreendedorismo permite aplicar o fruto da Engenharia. As duas áreas complementam-se e elevam os produtos a um nível superior». José Pedro Airosa explica o seu percurso com a vontade de criar, o apoio da família e amigos e o espírito de sacrifício, enquanto justifica o sucesso da empresa pelo facto de que «a satisfação dos clientes é prioridade máxima da Bluekora». Já o empreendedorismo «é a capacidade de pegar algo, analisar, inovar, formular soluções e vender essas soluções»."
- http://www.isep.ipp.pt/assets/userfiles/file/ISEP_BI-ESP_FINAL.pdf (página 22)
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Senior Developer at Simply Business
Tech Lead at Simply Business
Developer at Simply Business
Lead Software Developer at Simply Business
Senior Software Developer at Simply Business
Co-Founder & CTO at Parcel Bright
Coordinator Professor at Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto
Principal Developer at Simply Business
Tech Lead at Simply Business