Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering @Tagboard
|Recommendations||2 people have recommended Jordan|
Join LinkedIn & access Jordan's full profile
Director of Engineering
• Act as Agile web developer, project manager, technical director, and client liaison
• Captures business requirements and use cases and drives them through the production life cycle (e.g. information architecture, user interface design, content strategy and development, visual design and front-end coding, usability and distribution)
• Determines, documents and manages project scope, goals, timelines and milestones
• Oversees project from proposal to completion - leading all project related meetings (kick off, discovery, status updates, close out etc.)
• Collaborates with internal teams to ensure efficiency, and ultimately the correct message is being presented to client.
• Develops overall project estimates and managing budgets throughout.
• Online Marketing with a focus in SEO, social media marketing, and paid traffic for customer/user acquisition.
• Knowledge of Product/Project Management with extensive experience in product conception, planning and execution.
Technical project manager for the Specific Media Tech Department, responsible for interfacing with other Specific Media business units, all Linux, Windows, NetEng, Data Center Ops, Storage Ops based project management, migrations, expansion, decommissions as well day to day activities of the operations team.
• Strategized with tech department heads to reduce a 2 year 6 data center consolidation project down to 9 months
• Managed 4 data center decommission/migration projects consisting of 15,000+ servers, 30+ environments, across multiple business units with 0 outages or downtime
• Managed 2 data center expansion projects to make room for the 4 data center closures
• Managed projects to integrate and consolidate operational infrastructures of multiple business units into a single infrastructure
• Created and managed a project to unify multiple business units project management tools into a single shared tool using Redmine.
Technical project manager for the myspace Linux technologies team, responsible for interfacing with other myspace business units, all Linux based project management, migrations, expansion, decommissions as well day to day activities of the operations team.
• Managed data center decommission/migration consisting of 10 clusters consisting of over 700+ Linux servers from El Segundo Ca to Arizona and Las Vegas.
• Managed two data center build outs in Chicago and San Jose consisting of 4 clusters, which contained 300+ servers.
• Managed decommission/migrating small Virginia data center consisting of 4 clusters, which contained 300+ servers into centralize larger Virginia data center.
• Manages on average 20 concurrent projects from varying business units at any given time. Such as cluster build outs, expansions, software deployments, database upgrades, and break/fix situations.
• Working as technical liaison with other business units such as myspace music, myspace karaoke, myspace joint venture, myspace mobile, and many others to define clear project goals and requirements
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the Linux operations team.
• Directed and managed Linux operations staff of four administrators providing Linux and application support myspace wide. Conducted quarterly and annual performance reviews for staff.
• Implemented support guidelines and procedures improving departmental response times and increasing internal customer satisfaction. Guidelines included all aspects of hardware, software, deployments, maintenances, and on call.
• Member of CDN Strategy team: conducted feasibility studies for application and server consolidation and efficiency, implementation of change control and departmental policies along with implementation of procedure/guidelines resulting in improved resource usage and cost savings for the company.
Systems administrator responsible for day-to-day maintenance of myspace’s Linux based in house content delivery network. Researched open source technologies to increase efficiency of current Linux environments. Provided support to other myspace units interested in migrating to a Linux based platform.
• Led an effort to automate and minimize the amount of labor required to maintain Linux 2000+ servers across 6 data centers.
• Contributed to building myspace’s in house content delivery network on a Linux platform
• Setup and maintained an enterprise documentation platform.
• Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the Linux environment.
Field support responsible for day-to-day operations of both internal systems and external facing systems. Also responsible for vendor relations and external team technical support.
• Built and maintained internal/remote network storage using samba
• Planned and performed server/desktop hardware and software install/upgrade
• Installed and maintained Debian and Ubuntu Linux servers
• Implement Linux Virtual Private Network (VPN) to provide intranet access
• Created and maintained vendor relationships with Dell, HP, CDW, and Cingular
• Built and supported the staff’s Windows, os x and Linux desktops
• Developed and managed corporate inventory system using Ruby on Rails
System administrator responsible for the research, design, development, implementation, and documentation of Linux virtual router environments. As well as internal company tools, proxies, vpns, NAS and company web site.
• Contributed to building virtualized Linux based routers using xen, iptables and traffic shaping.
• Built and managed internal network storage
• Planned and performed server hardware and software install/upgrade
• Installed and maintained Debian and Suse Linux servers
• Implemented and managed proxies and VPNs
• Built and maintained corporate and internal tools web sites.
• Interfaced with multiple clients and potential clients in a sales engineer capacity.
System administrator responsible for the research, design, development, implementation, and documentation of game testing environments.
• Designed and built 4 labs around the newly created xbox360.
• Rebuilt 3 original Xbox labs to coexist with newly create xbox360 labs.
• Responsible for day-to-day maintenance and support for the labs and game testers
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
CEO at Tagboard
Chief Media Officer at Tagboard
Builder of things for the internet at Tagboard
Developer at Tagboard
co-founder at eGarage
Creative Director at Tagboard.com
Social Media and Partnerships