Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Senior Business Services Programmer
|Recommendations||14 people have recommended John|
Join LinkedIn & access John's full profile
Senior Business Services Programmer
At Motive-Power, utilizing SQLServer, integration services and reporting services to provide tools for a ProjectServer / Sharepoint implementation project.
At Napastyle, a variety of IT needs, primarily focused on leveraging various company applications to extend into additional sales channels.
At Autodesk, application development in various capacities within the IT department of a software company. Primary application areas included data migration for customer and licensing information; software licensing, registration and activation; subscription management; export controls; deduplication of data and prevention of redundant data;web-based interfaces to customer-facing systems, sales and finance (A/R, A/P, and budgets)
At The Good Guys!, applications development in the M.I.S. Department of a home-electronics specialty retailer. Primary application areas included Merchandising; Distribution; Distribution Center automation; Service/Repair systems; Sales; and Operating System support. Responsibilities in all programming positions held included program specification, design, development, and QA as well as 24 hour/ 7 day-a-week on-call support for applications.
Specialties:customer data management, process analysis and redesign, data transformation, data migration, data consolidation, software licensing, software subscriptions, merger and acquisitions, inventory tracking and distribution.
I am working in the IT group at NapaStyle on a variety of data integration and data analysis projects.
Utilizing Integration and Reporting Services to develop support tools for a Project Server / Sharepoint integration. Oh, and having a blast doing it.
• Systems Analyst and developer for the migration of an acquisition’s licensing data into Autodesk business model and IT applications.
• Architect and developer on a distributed account merge application, with auditing and rollback capabilities not present in Siebel’s out-of-the-box merge. Included was validation of proposed deduplication requests across Siebel, SAP and a third party subscription mgmt system and determine if a merge was possible.
• Lead systems analyst on the transformation and consolidation of twenty years worth of Autodesk license registration data from nine differing systems into a common Siebel Installation.
• Technical analysis and Solution proposals for in-house customer and licensing consolidation project
• Developed Solution documents for Export Controls interfaces with Open Harbor.
• Developed solution proposal and technical Specifications for Electronic Registration changes.
• Solution proposals for sell-through channel data entry and reporting.
• Managed globally dispersed team of 12-15 developers working on web applications in the following areas: global electronic registration and activation, interfacing to external subscriptions partner, Ariba purchasing, geographic dealer lookups, order and serial number inquiry system for resellers, single-sign-on solutions.
• Wrote technical specifications and solutions proposals within those applications areas.
• Managed upgrade of the web application infrastructure from NES web server servlets using active software to jdbc-compliant applications running on weblogic applications servers.
• Headed web-interface development for subscriptions project, and redesigned messaging infrastructure to provide reconciliation capabilities and auditablility.
• designed and developed data-driven screen-flow control mechanisms, and html templating/localization engine for rewrite of Electronic Registration, and the subsequent global implementation in twelve languages.
• Customer web portal for Online serial number inquiry (java to informix) and order status (Java to SAP RFC’s), Siteminder user authentication, product activation interfaces.
• ABAP developer on initial implementation of SAP – customized sales commissions reporting system, A/R and A/P applications, budgeting interfaces, automating bank reconciliation.
• Informix developer on IBES applications focusing on A/R and customer registration and licensing.
• Completion of the PDP-to-Unix conversion
• Redesigned stock replenishment to feed off of Point-of-Sale inventories
• Designed and managed development of the automated distribution center interfaces to the inventory transfer system
• Designed and developed inventory location system. Included batch pulling, barcode printing and scanning and small-products carousel control system interfaces extensions
• Redesigned and coded extended warranty system to provide more reliable information to Finance and outside insurance carrier.
• Worked in the capacity of System Programmer to resolve network problems and to back up the system/database administrator.
• Developed a batch-job logging/tracking system in Informix and C to allow for the progress and status of application runs to be logged within a database and to provide more control over job-executions.
• Managed Unix side of Unix-to-MVS platform conversion.
• Automated inventory movement functions in customer service and merchandising
• Designed and headed development of a sales-based stock replenishment and special order system.
• Developed a cooperative advertising system to aid in the administrative tasks of managing co-op accounts.
• Recoded all file and screen access functions into library modules to simplifiy conversion to VAX/VMS.
• Developed a database editor to provide access to data files based on intrinsic file info, rather than edit control files, as well as an entry screen painter/code generator.
• Developed a refund tracking system to regulate price guarantees.
• Worked on conversion of programs from PDP-11 to VAX/VMS, and then to Unix/Informix 4GL and C.
• Worked on Point-of-Sale design and development committee.
• Modified A/R system to provide better data integrity.
• Designed and coded inventory transfer system that included separate picking documents for the distribution center, and a self-policing system for tracking inventory movement errors.
• Modified General Ledger system to provide budget reporting.
Games developer: Programmer handling development of educational software for client publishers. Responsibilities included coordinating teams of artists and musicians in the design and development of educational games, and programming them in assembly language for various 6502-based computers(Commodore 64, Apple II and Atari). Programs included interrupt handlers, device drivers, command interpreters and animation. Developed the company's data compaction utilities and artist station interfaces in PL/I, along with the accompanying expansion routines in assembly.
Chief Information Officer (CIO), Business Transformation and Turnaround Leader
National Director, The Hanna Marketing Group
Baltimore, Maryland Area
CEO at Network 4 Learning
Auckland, New Zealand
Provo, Utah Area
Vice President, Endocrinology at Veracyte, Inc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Owner, Thomas Wirth, Inc.
Student at Florida Atlantic University
IS Engineer Principal at San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency
Senior Network Support Specialist/Eastern Caribbean Connections
Business Analyst at CiviTek National, Inc.
Sales Support Analyst at Netwolves
Student at Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
Business Analyst at Embree Group