- Las Vegas, Nevada Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Joe Ham's Overview
- Corporate Brand & Media Communications Manager at Las Vegas Sands Corporation
- Director of Operations & Production at Skyline Media
- Director of Production & Client Relations at Watchit Media
- Director of Marketing at Media Underground
- Public Relations Manager at The Venetian Resort Hotel & Casino
- Marketing Manager at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas
- Editor at KVBC-TV / KSNV-TV - Las Vegas NBC Affiliate Station
- Northern Arizona University
- Bishop Gorman High School
10 people have recommended Joe
Joe Ham's Summary
A competent, skilled and results-driven professional with over 12 years of experience, and a strong record of achievement in providing the necessary expertise to ensure streamlined operations, client satisfaction, significantly increased proficiency and profitability.
Diversified experience within all aspects of Marketing Communications, coupled with a demonstrative ability to provide cutting-edge promotional campaigns.
Proven background at highest levels of media management, personnel development and training, encompassing: leadership, team building, planning, organizing, and problem-solving, all of which realized significant contributions to bottom-line results.
Ability to establish and maintain communications and rapport with executives, fellow staff, management, VIP's, media vendors and members of the press.
As a 4th generation Las Vegan, I am well connected within the local business community. I am a loyal, personable, and dedicated individual. My positive personality enables me to maintain effective and efficient performance in a conscientious manner.
I prefer opportunities based upon teamwork, individual merit and capability.
Marketing communications, public relations, media communications, advertising, electronic media, video production, audio production, print media, social media, branding and identity, promotions, writing, team management
Joe Ham's Experience
Corporate Brand & Media Communications Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Hospitality industry
October 2011 – Present (2 years 3 months) Las Vegas, Nevada Area
• Orchestrate and provide "hands-on" management of all corporate media agency relationships, property magazines, and additional guest communication vehicles, resulting in efficient and smooth flowing corporate operations.
• Perform a wide range of accountabilities including direct advisement of all Las Vegas Sands Corporate properties while ensuring media agency relationships are best suited for the overall corporation. Review large-scale media contracts and RFP's.
• Guarantee brand consistency is implemented on a global level.
Director of Operations & Production
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
September 2007 – 2012 (5 years) Las Vegas, Nevada Area
• Bottom-line operational management responsibility encompassing all aspects of daily operations, and oversight over all client communications, including: overseeing productivity, performance, supervision and direction of a creative team.
• Worked closely with advertising/marketing personnel initiating innovative branding strategies; and developing both highly strategic and effective multi-media campaigns consisting of signage, print collateral, electronic media and television/radio commercials.
Director of Production & Client Relations
October 2006 – August 2007 (11 months) Las Vegas, Nevada Area
• Responsibilities entailed: serving as primary sales person and client point of contact for all accounts; and successfully streamlined handling of client requests while resolving issues and/or difficulties and implementing viable solutions.
• Monitored and tracked status of all creative projects from client inception and approval through to implementation.
• Conducted new client sales presentations pertaining to creative engagements and strategies.
Director of Marketing
August 2003 – September 2006 (3 years 2 months) Las Vegas, Nevada Area
• Instrumental in orchestrating new start-up company and operations, with primary accountability for branding, positioning, and spearheading cutting-edge marketing strategies, substantially expanding media awareness nationally.
Public Relations Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; LVS; Hospitality industry
August 2001 – September 2003 (2 years 2 months) Las Vegas, Nevada Area
• Managed a cohensive team while spearheading variety of production assignments.
• Interacted extensively with media insuring accurate coverage and positioning; decided which news outlets to be utilized creating best image and stories.
• Wrote press releases, strategically selected target media outlets and media events positioning company as premiere resort destination throughout the world.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Museums and Institutions industry
March 2000 – August 2001 (1 year 6 months) Las Vegas, Nevada Area
• Directly accountable for state-of-the-art marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns, with accountability for overseeing and managing annual budget forecasting and implementation.
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Broadcast Media industry
March 1999 – March 2000 (1 year 1 month) Las Vegas, Nevada Area
• Selected and edited moving images together with audio utilizing editing equipment to form practical, logical, and a smoothly run news story.
Joe Ham's Organizations
American Marketing Association (AMA)
- January 2013 to Present
The American Marketing Association (AMA) is the professional association for individuals and organizations who are leading the practice, teaching, and development of marketing worldwide.
Joe Ham's Skills & Expertise
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Product Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Market Analysis
- Direct Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Video Production
- Digital Video
- Video Editing
- Broadcast Television
- Broadcast Journalism
- Radio Broadcasting
- Public Speaking
- Public Relations
- Corporate Branding
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Architecture
- Brand Implementation
- Brand Developement
- Social Media
- Social Media Measurement
- Online Advertising
- Outdoor Advertising
- Interactive Advertising
- Mobile Advertising
- Advertising Research
- Radio Advertising
- Advertising Management
- Media Relations
- Digital Media
- Media Planning
- Media Buying
- Media Production
- Corporate Communications
- Strategic Communications
- Internal Communications
- Communication Skills
Joe Ham's Education
Northern Arizona University
BS - Electronic Media/Broadcast Production, Communications
1995 – 2000
Bishop Gorman High School
1990 – 1994
Joe Ham's Additional Information
sports, technology, movies, music
- Groups and Associations:
• The Las Vegas Sun Summer Camp Fund, since 1970 - Volunteer Board Member, raising money to send financially disadvantaged youth throughout Southern Nevada to camp. Founded by Charlotte Hill, adopted by Hank Greenspun founder/published of Las Vegas Sun (2005 - Present)
Contact Joe for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch