The Daily Dot
Web Developer at The Daily Dot
|Recommendations||4 people have recommended Jason|
Join LinkedIn & access Jason's full profile
Django development, web app testing with Selenium WebDriver
Currently, I am working to expand, clean up, and speed up the TailoredCare.org web application. As part of the TCAREe Military project, I have added a number of features to TCAREe, including:
- the ability to handle multiple types of organizations,
- password reset for users,
- online Assessment Form entry and Assessment Summary population,
- and local, organization specific resource databases for caregivers.
- Worked with ridiculously smart people
- Helped develop and maintain Ellington CMS and Marketplace products
As a network administrator at CWC, I was able to fulfill my appetite for working on many different types of problems and technologies.
This included managing the city-wide fixed- and mesh-wireless network for our client Lawrence Freenet. I managed typical network infrastructure service like DNS, DHCP, Layer 3 routing using OSPF, Layer 2 connectivity with a variety of switches from vendors like Cisco, HP, and Dell. l also providing wireless specific services such as maintaining a mesh-network of more than 500 wireless devices using both Tropos and OpenMesh systems, fixed wireless backhaul using equipment from Trango, Ubiquiti, and Motorola Canopy. On top of this, I provided monitoring and alert services for every piece of hardware using Nagios and Cacti.
I was also able to participate in CWC's other lines of business including software contracting with the University of Wisconsion - Milwaukee, the Maui County, HI bus project, and supporting installations of the CWC developed software suite Velocitrack.
Finally, at CWC we were all responsible for customer acquisition and customer service. As a network administrator, I accomplished this by providing outstanding service clients, whether they were mesh, fixed-wireless, or enterprise level customers. Sometimes, this meant running a support call on a Sunday afternoon, sometimes it meant changing a power supply at 4 am.
• Assembled and installed over 100 new PCs at the Irwin Army Community Hospital on Fort Riley, KS over a one week timeframe.
• Installed Dell OptiPlex 960 small form factor PCs, Dell 1909W and 1708FP monitors, and Dell OptiPlex 960 SFF all in one bases.
• Helped IMD staff reimage many of the systems, using Norton Ghost and KVM equipment.
• Gained proficiency with Java J2EE technologies including Enterprise Java Beans, JDBC database connectivity, and various design patterns.
• Focus on fixing software errors, from off-by-one errors to intricate data fixes.
• Work with member utilities and support staff to customize system options.
• Assisted with the Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 CS4320/7320 Software Engineering courses.
• Introduced both courses to revision control systems, distributed and centralized.
• Held office hours to meet with students to discuss and review concepts from the course.
• Worked with professor to introduce new ideas to the course including agile development, outside readings, and real-world projects.
• Installed and maintained network infrastructure and switching and routing equipment. Worked with Cisco, Tripp-Lite, and Nortel equipment.
• Maintained, built, and provisioned telephone systems on campus that used the both analog and AT&T digital Centrex services.
• Assisted clients with network problems, interruptions, and questions.
• Provisioned data, video, and voice services to faculty, staff, and students as required.
• Researched video streaming techniques over wireless computer networks.
• Built test-bed network from approximately 10 PCs, multiple 802.11g and 802.11n wireless NICs, and one Cisco workgroup 100BaseTx workgroup switch.
• Implemented system to automate testing of video streaming over TCP/IP network.
• Presented results at the 22nd annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research in Salisbury, MD and the 2007 Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievements Forum at MU.
• Funded by National Science Foundation CNS 0649158.
• Researched efficient agricultural field operations using computer simulations.
• Participated in community of undergraduate researchers, attending seminars on research methods and tools, careers, and ethics.
• Presented findings at the 21st annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research in San Rafael, CA and the 20th Annual Truman State University Student Research Conference.
• Funded by National Science Foundation STEP 0431664
• Installed and repaired data and voice-over-IP cable modems in residential and commercial settings.
• Gained extensive experience troubleshooting voice-over-IP and traditional POTS telephone circuits.
• Served customers in whatever capacity was necessary including planning, scheduling, stocking, answering questions, and supervising employees.
• Maintained organization of warehouse and in stock status of high volume products.
• Ultimately responsible for store operations during evenings, weekends, and in the absence of upper management.
• Maintained accounts payable, accounts receivable, and sales ledgers. Counted, verified, and delivered daily deposit to transport service.
• Processed payroll on a weekly basis for more than 300 employees totaling more than $18 million annually.
• Presented original research at the 2007 National Conference for Undergraduate Research at Dominican University in San Rafael, CA and the 2008 National Conference for Undergraduate Research at Salisbury University in Salisbury, MD.
Activities and Societies: • Association of Computing Machinery, • Free Software Club of Kirksville, • The Next STEP - Undergraduate Research Program
Specialties:Data, video, voice, and wireless networking; CakePHP; Django; open-source software; GNU/Linux; Ubuntu.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Senior Software Developer at RealMassive
Senior Developer at MapMyFitness
Web and UX Architect at Continuum Analytics
Software Developer at Kimbia
Software Engineer at Cox Media Group Digital & Strategy Team
Software Engineer III at Rackspace
OpenStack Software Developer at Rackspace
Software Engineer at Continuum Analytics, Inc.
Software Developer III at Rackspace Hosting