Prairie View A&M University
System Administrator at L-3 National Security Solutions
|Recommendations||3 people have recommended Jeremy|
Join LinkedIn & access Jeremy's full profile
Jeremy Hicks is an agile professional in all elements of IT consulting, project management, business analysis, information architecture, QA, user experience, web design and team optimization. He has experience in the public sector on local and federal level, consulting, entertainment and finance. Direct experience in developing solutions, metrics and backlog maintenance, proposal and business development phase, account management, contract negotiation, staffing teams, and engaging from contributor to director level.
He has also worked in startups and small business as well as multinational organizations. One of his goals is to show large organizations how to mitigate the risk in adopting new technologies such as social media, web application frameworks, cooperative, semantic and next generational technologies.
He works both full time and contract roles in project or program management in IT or Communications where internet technology and building relationships are critical.
He has a personal interest in program management, streamlining processes, the mobile internet, semantic technologies, the Django framework, HTML5/ CSS3, startups, social media and open (non-proprietary) standards and formats.
Specialties: Program management, process and software design, agile project management, business analyst, change management, rapid prototyping, user experience, standards based web design
● Monitored 2000+ endpoint devices using SCCM 2007. Generated custom SCCM reports with SQL queries. Scheduled packages using advertisements to remediate non-compliance.
● Designed and edited VB scripts for system automation and updates.
● Managed Active Directory migrations between different OUs and associated Group Policies to improve Retina scans.
● Designed and edited VB scripts for system automation
● Used Solarwinds to monitor WAN Flows and Server uptime.
● Provided Tier III support for in exchange and Active Directory for subordinate commands.
● Experience configuring NETAPP, Cisco Nexus switch, KVM, Print servers, Continuity charts.
● Monitored, updated and optimized Trojan WAN node data link connection. Monitored operation of tactical networks and statuses of VPNs(TACLANE) connected to SIPRNET, NSAnet, and JWICS via Whatsup Gold(wug).
● Maintained physical and network security in compliance with DCID 6/9, 6/3 and AR 25-2 resulting in the correction over 10 security violations. Conducted monthly backups in accordance with established procedures.
● Evaluated, configured and installed ESXI 4.x, 5.x connected to Active Directory 2008 implementation. Installation and configuration of VSphere, VMware, Windows Server 2008 administration print and IIS servers.
● Interacted with tier 3 support, vendors and approximately 7 stakeholders in support of Prophet program. Developed and documented strategies for troubleshooting outages involving data link and antenna hardware(BUC, LNA feed horn).
● Accountable for regular situational reporting to higher echelons and daily logs.
● Setup and configured STG training lanes with p300 GSM 3g transceiver and T1 multiplexer for webserver and data integration.
● Configuration of tactical DRT technologies and KG crypto systems, fiber optic cisco networks. Configured Netflow, OSPF, EIGRP STP and STP for web/video network. Used ACLs for content filtering and access control for VTY lines. Configured and optimized serial links, microwave WAN (satellite) networks.
● Created temporary workarounds with static IP routes to keep mission running 24x7. Administered users in Active Directory environment.
● Maintainer for Prophet, Trojan, MS, BAT, VP, CGS and C4ISR systems, voice and data. Experienced with WhatsUp Gold for LAN and WAN monitoring, Jabber, L3 tactical MPM-1000 TDMA modem, xPep TCP/IP accelerator, TACLANE KG-175D, KG-250, NAS, Cisco ISR routers and Catalyst switches, IOS 15.
30Places is a "Smart Transportation Grid" proof of concept and proof of technology developed to meet the needs of commuters in Houston. It is an all in one "Transit-in-a-Box" for small municipalities and cities that need to reduce transit management costs.
My role was to build support by engaging DOT stakeholders both locally and on the national level.I did this by understanding the regulatory environment and building on systems that were already in existence.
Trail7 is a software consultancy that I started to
(1) fulfill internal research and development projects using unconventional web technologies
(2) prove said projects at a tactical level.
During this time I conceived and managed a GIS project for the Houston transit authority, saved a failing project using rapid development frameworks and agile methodologies, and developed grant proposals for DOT research projects.
30places Transit Experiment- automated transit management system operating completely independent if of human interaction
Doctastic- automated "submit and forget" file management system
Business Card- real time, intelligent contact management system using microformats, SMS and other technologies.
*Trail7 Consulting, LLC contract based on >>TIME<<
Savannah Supplies is an environmental retailer located in Houston, TX that sells environmentally friendly products to businesses and governments.
Primary responsibility was developing relationships with local coffee houses and national retail chains by hosting offline events.
I also served as the lead designer for print, web and video content
*Trail7 Consulting, LLC contract based on >>Deliverables<<
Metro is a regional multi-modal public transportation system serving Houston Texas.
Negotiated terms, deliverables and budget for 2 year phased GIS project
Responsibility for $60,000 budget for initial phase
Accountable for all costs, resources, and schedule in bid as well as execution responsibility.
Wrote standards for design, display, transfer, storage and change orders for content
Developed technical training materials and documentation for entire iPod program development and management
*Trail7 Consulting, LLC contract based on >>Deliverables<<
WGI provides integrated engineering, construction, and management solutions for businesses and governments worldwide. I was tasked with process improvement for the contractors portal, a critical area in federal contracting
Developed and defined two suppler initiatives to directly increase supplier engagement by 500%
Responsible for overall project resource planning, execution, costs structure and reconciliation
Developed complex mathematical KPI’s and performance metrics with program advisor and further translated to functional calculations. This caused a significant increase in supplier opportunities.
Rebuilt DBE database for 30% of the original cost using agile tools and methodologies
Saved team $24,000 per quarter in personnel costs using open technologies
Coached developers and designers in agile principles and highly technical areas.
Roundtable for the sales professionals to help and support one another's sales efforts.
Led team in creative direction and proposal development for 2 fortune 100 companies. Built sales team to develop new business in other-than entertainment areas. Established new markets in Austin, and Charlotte, and London.
Worked with Safety and Industrial Hygiene team to improve communications with other business units by using new intranet pages showing safety, OSHA, hood locations, and departmental information.
Overhauled department's intranet using .Net, Java and DHTML in rudimentary text editor.
Managed the safety portal on the environmental intranet.
Conducted and uploaded fume hood and confined space surveys.
Managing Director. JLR UK at Jaguar Land Rover
Coventry, United Kingdom
Director at Mayfly Consulting Ltd - strategic business consulting, coaching and change communications
Bristol, United Kingdom
Sr. Program Manager at Kickdrum Technology Group
Austin, Texas Area
Country Manager - Global Infrastructure Services
Zürich Area, Switzerland
Practice Operations Manager at Navigant
Washington D.C. Metro Area
warehouseman at wonton food inc
IT Technical Analyst at Baker Hughes
Deputy, Harris County Precinct 1 Constable's Office
Deputy Sheriff / Investigator at Harris County Sheriff's Office
Scrum Author and Consultant
IT Support with OSI at Cheniere Energy
Business Intelligence Manager, Drill Bits Worldwide at Baker Hughes, Inc