University of Richmond - Robins School of Business
Performance Marketing at Artsy
|Recommendations||27 people have recommended Jesse|
Join LinkedIn & access Jesse's full profile
I am a digital marketer obsessed with optimization. I currently oversee Shopcade's digital marketing activities from an acquisition marketing perspective. This includes key areas from the marketing budget, digital marketing strategy, and search engine optimization, to new digital channels, conversion rates, and attribution - both web and mobile.
I am very analytical and data-driven, yet I tend to think about problems creatively, usually opting for a simple approach. I believe that there is always room for improvement, while also espousing the power of acknowledgment. I am passionate about adding value, and believe this can be done at every stage of a project, or a career. I enjoy developing and marketing new & useful solutions & experiences that add value to the consumer.
Very exciting things to come.
Headed up Shopcade Acquisition
- Responsible for Shopcade's membership growth - both Web registrations and Mobile app installs
- Increased user-base from 4K to 1 million in 2 years.
- Set up, track, test & scale multi-channel Web acquisition: Display, In-app, Social, SEM, Publishers, Email, Affiliate networks, etc.
- Lowered CPA 95% (yep) while driving aggressive growth; optimize for engagement & sales
- Created Shopcade's Mobile app acquisition engine (tracking, testing, optimizing, scaling)
- Managed global Web & Mobile marketing budget & providers
- Defined SEO priorities (technical & content) based on data & growth opportunities
- Defined & managed creation of quality, original, and relevant site content (in-house & externally)
- Conceived and managed projects to leverage content elements and increase exposure
- Managed SEO & Digital agency relationships
CRO (conversion rate optimization)
- Worked with tech to optimize organic (search) traffic flows
- Ideated & implemented new signup mechanic, increasing CVR for directed visits by 400% (yep)
- Managed development of contextual signup flows to further optimize CRO
Data & Analytics
- Defined & improved analytics and reporting requirements (web & mobile)
- Created quality scoring model based on key metrics to compare channel effectiveness
- Implemented attribution (tracking) platforms for all paid sources (web & mobile)
- Launched long-term partnership with a growing social platform, increasing user-base by 100K+
- Defined requirements for native ad-serving technology, enabling promoted native placements
- Helped create a comprehensive rate card & complete media pack
- Created a referral program to fuel virality
- Implemented e-CRM strategy & email testing methodology
- Worked closely with Tech, Operations, Design, Commercial and external providers
- Provideed support, guidance & training (analytics & ad platforms) to others as needed
SITEPAL (B2B & B2C, SaaS)
SitePal is a website engagement tool for small to medium-sized websites. My work with SitePal included responsibility for the product & the business. This entailed planning & reporting, website design & content, advertising & communications, customer surveys, acquisition and retention strategies (including KPI's and other metrics), product improvements, and strategic partnerships. I worked closely with designers & developers on product improvement initiatives.
VOKI (B2C, Educational Technology)
Voki is an popular learning tool that enables educators & students to create and publish online speaking avatars in an educational setting. My work with Voki included website design & content, communications, product enhancements, and monetization (AdSense & product revenue) of the website. I helped develop, launch & manage Voki's first paid product, Voki Classroom. This entailed all specs for the new site, user interface (UI), and the product, pricing & the purchase process. I also managed a marketing employee in this role.
ODDCAST (B2B, Enterprise)
Oddcast powers participation marketing and UGC campaigns for Fortune 500 brands, achieving the industry’s top engagement stats. It also develops and licenses interactive web technologies to developers. On the enterprise front, I worked with clients & agencies, providing them with custom application reporting. I also managed the media spend for certain campaigns, working directly with Google, Facebook, and others to drive relevant traffic to the apps.
Since 1997, I have been crewing Tony Robbins events. I have been part of an outstanding team of people from every reach of the globe and every walk of life, who come together (on their own dime) to help facilitate Tony’s life-changing events. These events have helped, directly and indirectly, positively transform the lives of millions (yes, millions) of people worldwide.
I have made some of my best friends at these events; I have had the privilege of traveling throughout the continental US, Hawaii, and Fiji to crew these events; and, having crewed over 40 events, I continue to learn something new and grow every time.
Marketing Manager for a family that owns Honda/ Acura dealerships, responsible for all marketing functions, from planning and budgeting to execution and analysis. Managed marketing budgets totaling approximately $1 million annually. This position required multi-tasking and short turnaround times. The job was about getting things done well and fast.
I helped the owners increase their businesses' exposure by increasing the efficiency of the marketing budgets. I had a great deal of autonomy in this role. My interactions were mainly with the owners and managers of the dealerships. Additionally, I interacted with all providers and potential providers (such as radio, cable, outdoor, print, direct mail, online, and so on) including rate and contract negotiation.
During my tenure, the Honda dealership experienced four (4) record sales months.
- Led staff of 10 Resident Assistants (student leaders) during two academic years.
- Oversaw residence life experience of 300 freshmen and 600 junior and senior students.
- Led and coordinated programming to suit interests of both underclassmen and upperclassmen.
- Increased programming budget by 130 percent by creating fund-raising t-shirt project.
- Utilized meetings, phone calls & online surveys to determine needs of regional nonprofit community
- Delivered large volume of local, primary research data to help guide future efforts
- Developed marketing plan & implementation strategy for the organization
- Honored as Top Company Recruit
- Trained as a specialist & infantry commander
- Extensive active duty
- Supervised & organized daily activities of infantry recruits
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Head of B2B/B2C Marketing @SHOPCADE
Marketing & Social Media Executive
Big Data and Business Intelligence Analyst
Deputy CTO at Shopcade
Independent Strategy Consultant
Looking for the next opportunity
Online Retention and Promotions Manager Harrods.com