Green Building Initiative
President at Green Building Initiative
|Recommendations||3 people have recommended Jerry|
Join LinkedIn & access Jerry's full profile
Leading green building author, international keynote speaker, Green building professional, registered professional engineer, marketing expert, integrated design expert
Specialties: Sustainable Design, Green Buildings, Green Development, Green Retail, Sustainability Planning
Responsible for representing the Green Building Initiative and its Green Globes/Guiding Principles Compliance building rating and certification tools to the market of building designers, owners and operators.
Work with CEO and leadership team to design, develop and execute market entry strategy for the US market for a world-leading sustainability data acquisition, monitoring, analysis and control Cloud-based Software as a Service platform. Duties include business matching, advice on government relations, market research, marketing communications, business development and client relations.
Wrote 13 books on green building, green homes, green marketing, water conservation and sustainable development. Lead green building consultants and sustainability consulting teams. Certify LEED Platinum, Gold and Silver projects.
Nationally and internationally recognized keynote speaker and the leading published author in the green building space.
Helped develop Greenbuild into the largest green building conference and trade show in North America.
Directed marketing and business development for the largest full service mechanical and electrical engineering firm headquartered on the West Coast.
Honored in first class of LEED Fellows by Green Building Certification Institute and USGBC.
- Started a new department in Palladeo (a retail design and construction firm) geared toward integrating sustainability into all facets of the company, including retail design, PR, manufacturing, and construction.
- Created a vision, business plan, 6-quarter operations plan, and an annual budget for the new department.
- Managed project teams and all administrative and business aspects of the Sustainability Division while reporting directly to the CEO.
- Prepared 40 people to take the LEED Accredited Professional Exam by teaching weekly classes. Proven 50% success rate, well above the national average of 33%.
- Cultivated and built new and existing client relationships while creating new revenue stream for the company.
- Co-authored “Proving that Green Values are Profitable for Business and Clients” in Green Business Quarterly, and published a monthly company-wide bulletin on sustainability.
- Facilitated LEED documentation for Albertsons grocery store’s first LEED certified building in La Habra, CA. Awarded LEED silver certification. Project came in on time and under budget with a higher level of certification than originally expected.
Successfully pursued LEED Gold certification for this 240,000 sq.ft. corporate headquarters project.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
President, Strategic Advocacy Solutions
CEO World Green Building Council ♦ Keynote Speaker & Media Expert for Green Building, Energy Efficiency & Sustainability
Architect & Principal, Sustainable Design, Green Building and Urban Infill
CEO at ECON Group
Principal and Senior Sustainability Consultant
CEO, Switch Automation
Architect and Certified Energy Manager
COO at Switch Automation