Software Engineer at Ginger.io
|Recommendations||8 people have recommended Jeremy|
Join LinkedIn & access Jeremy's full profile
We're hiring an iOS developer!
My never-ending curiosity and persistence combined with my ability to understand and solve complex problems motivated my academic career, culminating in the completion of a PhD in electrical engineering. I've increasingly focused my energy on creating solutions that directly impact human life, primarily in the medical device industry. The foundation of what innovation means to me was poured during the 10-months as a Biodesign Innovation Fellow: a systematic approach to needs finding and the invention and implementation of novel solutions. My own framework of innovation has matured during my on-the-job experience at Medtronic leading early-stage research projects, market opportunity assessments, and internal innovation campaigns.
The desperate state of the healthcare system demands innovative approaches to meet individual and organizational pursuit of health, productivity, and fulfillment. I am passionate about developing products and services that dramatically improve the speed, accuracy, and cost associated with healthcare decisions made by the individual and their caregiver.
Specialties: Leading teams, innovation strategy and process, program management, collaboration tools
Data engineer and security officer. Building a secure, scalable solution for processing massive amounts of behavior data.
Over the years, you've left traces of your health and wellness data at every clinic, hospital, and lab you've ever visited. You are also collecting an increasing amount of data from self-tracking devices. We are making it easy for you to access and securely share all your data in an instant—so you can live a healthier and happier life.
* Developed AJAX form saving functionality to prevent users from losing their work.
* Used Backbone.js as an OOP-approach for designing several front-end components.
* Owned major redesign of how case-related contacts were handled, using Doctrine table inheritance, Symfony forms, and Backbone.js.
* Led effort to ensure medical and grammatical correctness of the auto-generated medical reports; led customer brainstorming session and prioritized strategies; planned and managed work done by customer support and QA.
* Developed in-app report output testing, allowing TDD of report template editing and improving customer satisfaction by preventing accidental changes.
* Thrilled the sales team by quickly importing patient demographics from new clinics; thrilled development team by resolving memory allocation issue.
* 1st-responder to site outages or customer issues; frequently led debugging and resolution of live issues.
* Managed web operations; established the release process on AWS; directed the work of contractors.
* Assisted hiring and later managed the QA engineer.
* Led adoption of Scrum, including training and set up of tools (JIRA), resulting in improved transparency and better planning, and being Scrum Master.
* Practiced and promoted test-driven development (TDD); wrote nearly all unit tests; wrote Selenium IDE browser-based tests.
Developed custom application for startup to monitor material cost and inventory throughout production cycle. Eliminated need for client to purchase hardware or software by leveraging Force.com's Cloud Computing Platform.
* Led validation of potential $1B market opportunity to expand cardiovascular business. Team backed recommendation with customer input, clinical evidence, and technology analysis.
* Led $1.5M program to evaluate the safety and efficacy of an experimental drug-device combination therapy for cardiovascular disease. Managed 8-person team that designed and built a surgical delivery device; designed and executed a 28-animal chronic study; and created the regulatory and commercialization strategy. Completed on time and $300K under budget.
* Developed protocol for using Sonosite ultrasound scanner, Reveal implantable cardiac monitor, and CareLink Programmer; instructed surgical team for above pre-clinical study.
* Developed procedure for precise surgical injection into the myocardium. $200K saved in R&D costs and regulatory timeline shortened with novel use of commercial ultrasound scanner.
* Led design verification of a guide catheter obtained from a small firm prior to design freeze. Overcame challenges of managing a multi-site team operating under differing quality systems.
* Managed direct reports, gathered physician input, negotiated contracts, managed relationships with vendors and consultants, and performed technical due diligence.
* Proactively promoted innovation—pioneered and administered web-based idea management system; hosted innovation speakers; and co-led internal innovation campaigns resulting in over 30 new business concepts, 70 invention disclosures, and 150 process improvements.
* Submitted 19 invention disclosures; at least 3 patent applications filed.
* Experiential education in medical device innovation; focused on neurology & neurosurgery.
* Streamlined team capture and review of needs, concepts, and research with custom database.
* 4-person team identified 300+ unmet clinical needs; brainstormed 100+ concepts; filed 7 patent applications; built and tested prototypes; assessed commercial viability.
* Led team to place 2nd in Stanford business plan competition for novel stroke therapy.
Designed computer vision algorithms to automate spatial calibration of an endoscope for use with a surgical navigation system.
Responsible for comparing video image sensors to be used in automobiles for smart airbag deployment. Developed novel method for automated characterization of digital image sensors.
Developed systems for testing color quality of digital cameras.
Designed 100Mbps Ethernet packet encapsulator/CRC engine. Tested design in FPGA environment.
Designed CRC error-checking module for an ASIC network card.
Designed test software to debug telephony hardware/software.
Set up, maintained, and expanded studio and transmitter automation systems. Designed microcontroller-based infrared signal reproducer for communication between IBM PC and studio CD players.
Worked at my dad's cabinet shop taking on new responsibilities each summer: sweeping the floors, cabinet assembly, installation, and drafting.
Solid engineering fundamentals with emphasis in computer science and digital design
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Co-founder at Ginger.io
Data Scientist at Ginger.io
Ginger.io - We're hiring!
Healthcare Strategy & Sales Lead
Ginger.io - we're hiring many roles
Product and Engineering at Ginger.io
Business Development at Ginger.io - We are hiring
Data Scientist at Ginger.io