Jeff Brenner, CPA
CFO/Controller on Call
- Columbus, Ohio Area
Jeff Brenner, CPA's Overview
- Treasurer - Board Member at Employment for Seniors, Inc
- Owner at Consultant
- Treasurer (volunteer) and Member of Fund Raising Committee at Forty Plus of Central Ohio (www.fortyplusoh.org)
- Controller at Thomas Glass Company, Inc
- CFO at C.E.M.A., Inc
- Ohio Dominican University
- St. Charles
Jeff Brenner, CPA's Summary
Forward thinking CFO/Controller with over 15 years of proven experience directing financial operations and providing solid leadership in a variety of industries. Highly regarded for strong accounting knowledge and recognized for an ability to effectively communicate corporate visions at all levels. Brings excellent organization and interpersonal skills; stays informed on industry trends to ensure compliance and introduce best practices to profit the company. Accomplished in developing and implementing office and accounting policies and procedures, improving efficiency, slashing costs, and providing growth strategies.
• Accounting Policy/Procedure Development
• Cash Management
• Contract Negotiations
• Efficiency Improvements
• Financial Statements Preparation & Analysis
• Forecasting & Budgeting
• General Accounting
• Interpersonal Skills
• Job Cost Accounting
• Mentoring & Coaching
• Public Accounting
• Review Coordination/Regulatory Compliance
• Strategic Planning
Jeff Brenner, CPA's Experience
Treasurer - Board Member
Nonprofit; 1-10 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
January 2011 – Present (3 years 10 months)
Organization' s mission is to place qualified older adults in gainful employment which is mutually beneficial to both the person and employer.
August 2009 – Present (5 years 3 months)
Complete resource for small businesses and individuals that includes financial and cost management. (Consulting, Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Taxes). Forward thinker applying big business practices to small business owner’s unique needs. From providing short-term small business advice to consulting owners, managers and employees, increase productivity, reduce cost and let owners concentrate on what they do best.
Treasurer (volunteer) and Member of Fund Raising Committee
Forty Plus of Central Ohio (www.fortyplusoh.org)
August 2009 – January 2011 (1 year 6 months)
40 Plus of Central Ohio is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 tax exempt member operated organization. The mission of 40 Plus of Central Ohio is to educate persons previously holding administrative, executive, technical, managerial, professional and other positions of responsibility in the necessary skills for a successful job search, career change, or career advancement.
Thomas Glass Company, Inc
May 2007 – August 2009 (2 years 4 months)
In charge of all phases of financial reporting, taxes, daily cash flow management, budgeting, job cost reviews and payroll of multi-entity environment.
Maintained customer, vendor and banking relationships.
Continually review, evaluate, and recommend enhancements to the Company’s finance and accounting policies while staying informed about changes and developments in technology, industry standards, and the regulatory environment.
Serve as a key adviser and technical resource, while providing comprehensive financial information to the President and Senior Management team.
November 1999 – January 2007 (7 years 3 months)
In charge of all facets of financial reporting, income taxes, cash flow management, budgeting, information system, payroll and human resource departments. Prepared consolidated financial statement per GAAP.
• Increased efficiency and improved productivity by initiating import of the major vendor invoices on a daily basis eliminating manual data entry.
• Saved costs of over $25,000 and reduced completion time by over 50% by developing new automated method of reconciliation of eight bank accounts valued at $3.1 million total.
• Recoup an immediate and annual savings of $30,000 on improper sales tax spearheading a change in Ohio Tax law within four months period.
• Increased efficiency and reduced processing time due by implementing in-house computerized payroll system, utilizing cash register at 30 locations as time clock and importing into payroll software.
• Reduced federal income tax liability by $100,000 by allocation of an expense between affiliate Companies.
Treasurer / Member
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Professional Training & Coaching industry
2007 – 2007 (less than a year)
AmSpirit Business Connections is a national organization that assists select group of highly qualified men and women who succeed by creating a forum where they can exchange qualified referrals with other sales representatives, entrepreneurs and professionals.
Longanbach, Guisti, Kuch & Hornberger, CPAs
January 1998 – November 1999 (1 year 11 months)
• Implemented new division, “Controller on Call” for clients that have a need for an experience finance professional immediately or on a recurring basis.
• Learned and effectively applied five different accounting software packages in two months.
• Consulted clients on budgeting, financial reporting, statement analysis, job costing, forecasting, inventory and cash flow management. Identified shortcomings in operations and accounting systems and implemented effective solutions to increase efficiency.
• Management and supervision of audit, review and compilation engagements for various businesses and governmental entities.
• Prepare and presented management advisory letters, audit and operational results to clients’ board of directors.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Accounting industry
December 1990 – December 1997 (7 years 1 month)
Management and supervision of audit, review and compilation engagements for various businesses and governmental entities. Specialize in Hospitals, Non-profit organizations Retail/Wholesale distribution, Manufacturing, and Construction. Researched and prepared taxes for Corporations, Partnerships and Individuals; which include federal, state, local, sales, personal property and payroll.
• Increase usage of computer for use in audit application and analysis/financial formats resulting in increase audit efficiency. Managed, supervised staff and trained firm employees and college interns in the correct and current audit, accounting and tax procedures.
• Developed a customized spreadsheet program for a state agency, which reduced time to produce a report on an Ohio employer from 2 months to 2 days. Spreadsheet was implemented into the state agency's computer program.
Jeff Brenner, CPA's Skills & Expertise
- Cash Management
- Financial Reporting
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- General Ledger
- Due Diligence
- Variance Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning
- Employee Benefits
- Cost Saving Initiatives
- Team Building
- Job Costing
- Small Business
- Cash Flow
- Financial Analysis
- Account Reconciliation
- Risk Management
- Contract Negotiation
- Financial Statements
- Human Resources
- Process Improvement
- Strategic Financial Planning
- Time Management
- Organizational Development
Jeff Brenner, CPA's Education
Majored in Accounting with an emphasis in Business Administration
Activities and Societies: Captain of Track Team, "O" Club
Jeff Brenner, CPA's Additional Information
professional networking, organizational development, strategic planning, corporate financial reporting, digital photography, bicycling, guitar, community theater, reading novels, automobile racing
- Groups and Associations:
Treasurer; three nonprofit organizations, Volunteer, Ohio Society of CPAs, Westerville Bicycle Club, NASA-National Auto Sport Association, Sport Car Club of America, Member of Westerville Chamber of Commerce, Coach various youth sports in Westeville Community
- Honors and Awards:
Certified Public Accountant, Time Trial Road Course Racing License
Contact Jeff for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Jeff Brenner, CPA’s full profile to...
- See who you and Jeff Brenner, CPA know in common
- Get introduced to Jeff Brenner, CPA
- Contact Jeff Brenner, CPA directly