Electronic Engineer- Product Engineer - Customer Quality - Looking for Opportunities
- Greater Philadelphia Area
Janis Stacy's Overview
- Semiconductor Professional - Semiconductor Product Engineer - Customer Quality - Project Management at SEEKING OPPORTUNITIES
- Consulting, Diversity at Self
- DMTS ( Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff or Principal) Product Engineer at Agere Systems / Lucent Technology
- Principal Engineer at DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION - DEC
- Senior Product Engineer at Honeywell Semiconductor Division - SSED
- Senior Engineer at National Semiconductor
Janis Stacy's Summary
Can I help you get what you need done?
I have experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) and manufacturing support for semiconductor digital and mixed signal products from concept through end of life. My skills enabled me for performing NPI work on multiple products simultaneously and meet milestones. Our teams won awards from Apple, SUN, Netcontinuum and others.
-Strong skills with problem solving and pulling together teams which includes using 8D, DMAIC and mapping techniques.
-Created new solutions for a variety of technical problems. -
Specified and ran qualifications for processes, process changes, packages and products which included negotiating L1 and L2 qualifications.
-Contributed and approved of DFM during the design phase and generated test plans.
-Ran analysis of product margins, CPK, Qualification(s) results and correlated ATE to Systems proving devices were ready for manufacture at minimum cost.
-Analyzed customer returns, assembling the appropriate teams if needed, finding short or long term solutions as needed and coordinating with customers for rapid resolutions.
-Generated project management schedules, risks, costs, materials and facilities for making prototypes, device verification, device and customer qualifications, customer and production.
-Successfully built solid working relationships with both internal and external groups in Europe, Asia and the Americas for achieving project goals.
-Effective management of projects, direct reports, groups and mentor for less experienced engineers.
If you would like to discuss how I may be of help for you, email me at
Janis Stacy's Experience
Semiconductor Professional - Semiconductor Product Engineer - Customer Quality - Project Management
Self-Employed; Myself Only; Architecture & Planning industry
March 2008 – Present (6 years 7 months)
Currently consult on approaches for identifying problems and finding solutions.
• Highly experienced in new product development (NPD), New Product Introduction (NPI) and manufacturing support for semiconductor digital and analog mixed signal products from concept through end of life.
• Strong skills with problem solving (including using 8D problem solving) and team working abilities which have resolved 100% of encountered problems.
• Created new solutions for a variety of product problems in testing, assembly and design which decreased costs and field returns. Decreasing cost on a networking product by 40% from originally projected.
• I’ve specified and run qualifications for processes, process changes, packages and products for meeting or exceeding corporate and customer requirements.
• In the design phase, I contributed to DFM and generated test plans. At times, devices required new or updated equipment for manufacturing and I drove enhancing manufacturing capabilities without delaying the product development schedules.
• During development, functional and production problems come up. I worked with teams for finding the root cause, generating solutions and kept customers involved during development. I explained technical and tactical problems to customers clearly and coordinated the supply chain with them for delivering the product they needed. Problems were resolved without impacting customer development schedules and we won customer supplier awards from Apple, SUN, Netcontinuum and others.
January 2008 – Present (6 years 9 months)
• Consulted on approaches for identifying defects and inherent process characteristics in advanced processes (45nm, 32nm, SOI). In one instance, the data was used and the end customer altered the component specification for maintaining system performance.
• Generated an analysis of ReRAM feasibility, ramp up time and likelihood of successful deployment. My analysis suggests ReRam could very well displace Flash.
• Marketed a non-profit group of over 1000 professionals to local corporations. I modified the group’s marketing approach from advertising toward meeting corporation’s needs and procedures for talent acquisition.
• Drove development of a new diversity track within a diversity conference which over 2600 professional and diverse people attended in 2012 and we expect about 2800 in 2013. Also participated in and provided diversity training to corporations, organizations and universities improving some cross-cultural working relationships within various groups.
DMTS ( Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff or Principal) Product Engineer
Agere Systems / Lucent Technology
March 1998 – March 2008 (10 years 1 month)
Agere Systems was spun off of Lucent Technologies in 2002.
I was a lead product engineer for developing new products and bringing them into production within remote facilities. This work covered yield, test coverage, customer quality support, design inputs for manufacturing, bringing up new packages, coordinating qualifications, root cause analysis, Failure Analysis (FA), supporting marketing, ready for manufacture analysis, RFQ's, scheduling and costs.
This covered a wide variety of products including PCIe, Telecom, central office, USB, Opto Mac, mixed signal, SERDES and networking devices.
DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION - DEC
June 1987 – March 1998 (10 years 10 months)
Product Engineer driving process definitions and optimizations for yield and performance of CPU's, Ethernet, ASICs and other computer IC's. This included layout, device verification, test methods, reliability, yield, fault isolation, project management, budgeting, scheduling and on.
Senior Product Engineer
Honeywell Semiconductor Division - SSED
1985 – 1987 (2 years) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
New Product Development Product Engineer. Debugged silicon chips, achieved product qualifications, simulated device performance, fault isolation, defect analysis and customer support.
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; NSM; Semiconductors industry
1983 – 1985 (2 years)
Yield improvement, process development, process control and finding root cause in processes. Bipolar, NMos, PMos and CMOS. Managed a yield group and a fab group doing parametric testing.
Janis Stacy's Skills & Expertise
- Product Engineering
- Project Management
- Customer Quality
- Customer Satisfaction
- Problem Solving
- Fault Isolation
- Defect Identification
- Six Sigma
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Semiconductor Industry
- Semiconductor Device
- Semiconductor Process
- Semiconductor Fabrication
- Semiconductor Packaging
- Semiconductor Failure Analysis
- Fault Resolution
- Flip Chip
- high speed testing
- test techniques
- Defect Elimination
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Mixed Signal
Janis Stacy's Education
Project Management Certification, Project Management
2014 – 2015 (expected)
Polytechnic Institute of New York University
Course in control systems and circuit design.
National Semiconductor – Danbury, Ct.: SPC, Control Charts
Honeywell – Plymouth, Mn.: Total Quality Management, Mind Mapping, Public Speaking, Spice
DEC - Hudson, Ma.: Networking Hardware, C Programming, SQL, Unix, VMS, Windows, Alpha programming language, Layout software, Computational methods, CPU Architecture, Computer Design, 6 Sigma, Project Management, Market Segmentation, Diversity and Inclusion.
Agere / Lucent – Allentown, Pa.: Reliability, SQL, MathLab, Networking, Design For Test (DFT)
New Horizons- Bethlehem, Pa: Net+ - Mar 2011
Janis Stacy's Additional Information
Contact Janis for:
View Janis Stacy’s full profile to...
- See who you and Janis Stacy know in common
- Get introduced to Janis Stacy
- Contact Janis Stacy directly