Jane Weber Brubaker
Healthcare Content Writer / Marketing Strategist
- Wethersfield, Connecticut (Hartford, Connecticut Area)
- Hospital & Health Care
Jane Weber Brubaker's Overview
9 people have recommended Jane
Jane Weber Brubaker's Summary
What excites me about healthcare is the opportunity to make it better. Accountability. Care coordination. Person-centered planning. Patient-centered care. Consumer-directed healthcare. These concepts are gaining traction as consumers take an active role in managing their health, and healthcare providers assume more responsibility for outcomes. New models are emerging, supported by technology innovation that has accelerated exponentially since the passage of the HITECH Act in 2009.
For the past several years I have worked for an organization that is tackling the biggest issues in healthcare, with the greatest potential to bend the healthcare cost curve downward:
• Community-based Care Transitions Programs (CTTP), a proven method of reducing avoidable hospital readmissions.
• Money Follows the Person, a program that shifts the long-term care system away from nursing home placement toward community-based care.
• Care coordination for seniors dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.
• Care management for Medicare Advantage members and others with chronic care needs.
The healthcare industry’s relationship with consumers has traditionally been top-down, with decision-making in the hands of providers. This paradigm is shifting: consumers are taking more control of their own healthcare decisions. The demand for consumer marketing pros that are both skilled in crafting consumer-oriented communications and knowledgeable about healthcare has never been greater.
Jane Weber Brubaker's Publications
- Strategic Health Care Marketing
- September 2012
- eHealthcare Strategy & Trends
- January 2012
- Hartford Business Journal
- September 13, 2010
- Connecticut Law Tribune
- March 22, 2010
View Jane Weber Brubaker’s full profile to...
- See who you and Jane Weber Brubaker know in common
- Get introduced to Jane Weber Brubaker
- Contact Jane Weber Brubaker directly