API & Client Integration Manager, Intercontinental Exchange
- Greater New York City Area
- Financial Services
James Crosson's Overview
- API and Client Integration Manager, Credit Technology at Intercontinental Exchange
- Vice President, Client Management and Operations at FIX Flyer
- Director, Technical Support and Quality Assurance at CecilRep LLC
- Lehigh University
- New York Institute of Finance
9 people have recommended James
James Crosson's Summary
• Project lead on successful trading and analytical system integration projects with top tier broker-dealers globally.
• Works closely with traders on a variety of products in the capital markets space encompassing the full trade order lifecycle. Works with multiple asset classes including equity trading, fixed income, and derivatives.
• Responsibilities include everything from technical specifications to extensive trading floor experience on deployment, configuration, and support.
• Lead client-advocate who drives product features through close customer relationships and ensures their completion through coordination of local and international software development teams.
• Supports pre-sales efforts with design of trading networks, integrations, and reporting platforms. Authors SoWs, RFPs, and functional/technical specifications.
• Aims to gain experience in with day to day operations of entrepreneurial companies in with the goal of one day starting a financial technology venture.
• Systems integrations for trade, post-trade, and reporting systems.
• FIX-based trading networks and brokerage operations.
• Ability to manage client expectations during long and complex project deliveries.
• Recognized by clients for strong inter-personal skills, organization, reliability, and integrity.
• Extremely well organized
James Crosson's Experience
API and Client Integration Manager, Credit Technology
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; ICE; Financial Services industry
April 2011 – Present (2 years 2 months) New York, NY
Am responsible for management of API-based services and client integrations for ICE's credit execution business, Creditex.
Upon joining ICE in 2011, led the initiative to launch the company's first API based trading platform with a major swaps dealer. Today, based on our competitive advantage in technology and the evolving market structure of the swaps business, API-based trading is quickly becoming the de-facto approach for both fixed income and derivatives.
In 2012, Creditex became the first market in our industry to support algorithmic trading over our API. These efforts support the existing brokerage business and contribute to several new strategic opportunities to expand to new markets. This year, Brazil's largest clearinghouse, Cetip, will launch an electronic bond trading platform utilizing Creditex's software and API.
A multi-disciplinary role that bridges business and technology, am responsible for maintaining relationships with client technical teams to ensure the competitiveness of our service, representing the company on industry groups ranging from ISDA to FIX Protocol, and coordinating API-based specifications and development internally. Am also responsible for defining Creditex's business practices around client on-boarding and support.
Vice President, Client Management and Operations
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Financial Services industry
August 2008 – April 2011 (2 years 9 months)
FIX Flyer is a software vendor focused on trading infrastructure. The firm has a suite of software products ranging from a FIX engine with monitoring tools, an order-management system, and post-trade reporting platform. During my tenure, FIX Flyer was able to demonstrate aggressive growth by providing low-cost tools to large banks in the United States, as well as provide turn-key trading solutions to the emerging markets.
As the lead client-service and operations resource for company, was responsible for defining and implementing standard operating procedures surrounding:
• Pre-Sales Technical Support (includes SoWs, RFPs)
• Post-Sales Project Management and Client On-Boarding
• Client Management
• Product Management (includes functional and technical specifications)
• QA and Release Management
• Systems and Network Administration
Directly managed operations personnel to meet the demands of the quickly growing organization. Managed the firm's strategic initiatives, most lucrative software deliveries, and represented the company on numerous industry groups. Supported international clients and collaborated with international teams for engineering and support. Role included a substantial amount of time on-site with clients.
Director, Technical Support and Quality Assurance
May 2004 – August 2008 (4 years 4 months)
CecilRep was a software firm focused on trade and regulatory reporting initiatives. Ahead of its time, CecilRep pre-dated the arena of "big-data" in the financial services industry. The software utilized search technology to analyze trade and reporting data in a manner not before seen in the industry. The user interface allowed trade and operations personnel to find information and generate reports without knowledge of data structure or complex languages such as SQL.
Real-time reporting tools for traders, a new innovation at the time, was an early glimpse of the soon-to-be industry obsession with data analytics; helping to enable efficient high speed trading.
The firm was started in 2004. The software and operations of the company were licensed to FIX Flyer in 2008. Was the company’s lead client advocate; responsible for the overall technical quality of software and services. Joining the company in its infancy, helped start operations of the business and launch the original platform.
James Crosson's Skills & Expertise
James Crosson's Education
BS, Computer Science & Business
Integrated program offered jointly by the College of Engineering and College of Business.
• "Class of 1904 Alumni" Scholarship for promise of future leadership
• Arthur Tauck Scholar for international internship & study abroad
• Residence Life Scholar for work in community building & student support
• Community Service Award for "single acts of service that can change lives"
• Thomas Reed Memorial Scholar for academic merit
Activities and Societies: Intramural Baseball, Private Guitar
New York Institute of Finance
Certificate, Brokerage Operations
Contact James for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
James Crosson's Additional Information
- Groups and Associations: