Software Engineer at Exprivia Spa
Join LinkedIn & access Ivano's full profile
Experienced System/Software Engineer with high-quality C/C++ Design and Development skills. Strongly organized way-of-work, highly cooperative and objective-driven.
Solid background in Telecommunications, achieved in a world leading telecommunications Company. Long-term experience in Defence&Aerospace industry, managing highly mission-critical software design and development in large and complex distributed systems. Experienced in both Research and Product Development.
Customer-facing and flexible in dynamic environments, open-minded and always willing to learn.
Managed key software components for Naval Command and Control Systems (C2I) including
Middlelware (Platform Daemon, System Configuration and Monitoring, Data Distribution System). Successfully participated in Customers' site Software Integration for National and International Projects.
- Managed software maintenance, troubleshooting analysis and fix
- Designed and implemented new features and enhancements on customer needs
- System Integration Support Leading referee for managed components
- C++ Design and Development under Linux (Red Hat ES)
Managed Design and Development of Ethernet/MPLS transport networks planning and management applications.
- Followed whole project life-cycle, main requirements analysis, software requirements specification, design, implementation and test support
- C/C++ Development under Windows, Linux and HP-UX (Unix) platforms
- Software Configuration Management with IBM Rational ClearCase
- Successfully designed and developed using Java JNI programming framework and CORBA
- Achieved deep knowledge on IEEE802.1xx protocol family, STP/MSTP and Carrier Ethernet Transport protocols
Successfully carried out Pre-study and Feasibility Study for migration of legacy telecommunications equipments towards NGN (Next Generation Networks) and IP-based evolution.
- System Expert for Equipment connectivity, call control handling and fault tolerance
- System analysis and design with redaction of related documents and deliverables
A method of network planning for an Ethernet based network having a network topology and a plurality of VLANs to be associated therein wherein a number of routes is required through the network, the method comprising the steps of determining a set of spanning trees within the network for providing one or more of the number of routes for consideration, wherein each spanning tree comprising a plurality of links, sorting the VLANs into an order based on one or more VLAN criteria for the network topology, mapping the sorted VLANs onto the set of spanning trees in an order to optimise one or more characteristics relating to the network or any associated feature thereof for the or each combination of spanning tree and VLAN to thereby determine an optimised VLAN tree mapping for each set of spanning trees for each route, selecting a best primary tree from the set of spanning trees for each route in the network topology according to the optimised VLAN tree mapping, analysing possible failures for each link in the best primary tree for each route to derive for each possible failure a backup tree which is optimised in terms of the characteristics and criteria to determine one or more best backup trees to replace the or each best primary tree in the event of a possible failure of the analysed possible failures, and outputting information relating to the best primary tree and the determined one or more best backup trees for each best primary tree for each route in the network.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.