Social Media Strategist
- Geneva Area, Switzerland
- Nonprofit Organization Management
Isaac Griberg's Overview
- Social Media Officer at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Social Media Consultant at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Online Communications Consultant at World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Assistant Communications Officer at International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Birmingham City University
- University of Örebro
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
Isaac Griberg's Summary
Originally from Sweden, Isaac Griberg is a 28-year-old, Swiss-based social media strategist specializing in the non-profit sector. With 6 years of progressive experience and Master’s degrees in social media, business and economics, he is a frequent panelist at conferences and events (e.g. “Geneva Forum on Social Change” and “Lac Leman Communications Forum”). Isaac works for the International Committee of the Red Cross, where he manages the organization’s social media presence. Isaac speaks Swedish, English, French and Chinese.
Isaac Griberg's Experience
Social Media Officer
Nonprofit; 10,001+ employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
February 2009 – Present (4 years 5 months) Geneva Area, Switzerland
• Develops the ICRC’s global social media strategy, technical guidelines and staff policy.
• Organizes social media trainings and workshops for communication delegates.
• Manages the ICRC’s presence on Facebook, Flickr, Google+, Scribd, Twitter, and YouTube.
• Researches, writes and edits content for social media, in particular Facebook and Twitter.
• Coordinates social media outreach for institutional projects and campaigns.
• Pilots online platforms and tools for public, operational and crisis communication.
• Represents the ICRC externally, at conferences, events and roundtables.
Social Media Consultant
Nonprofit; 5001-10,000 employees; International Affairs industry
October 2008 – February 2009 (5 months) Geneva Area, Switzerland
• Managed the UNHCR’s channels on Facebook, Flickr, MySpace, Twitter and YouTube.
• Coordinated social marketing and promotion of the advocacy campaign “Gimme Shelter.”
• Developed partnerships with technology companies, e.g. MySpace, Ning and Nokia.
• Hosted a social media training for the UNHCR’s Department of External Relations.
Online Communications Consultant
Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
August 2008 – October 2008 (3 months) Geneva Area, Switzerland
• Published the entire archive of the WEF’s digital publications to Scribd and Docstoc.
• Revised and posted a new article about the WEF on Wikipedia.
• Migrated the WEF’s photo library to Flickr and Photobucket.
Assistant Communications Officer
Nonprofit; 501-1000 employees; Telecommunications industry
August 2007 – June 2008 (11 months) Geneva Area, Switzerland
• Drafted a proposal for a section of the ITU’s website, dedicated to students and civil society.
• Developed a blog platform, a YouTube channel, and Wikipedia articles.
Isaac Griberg's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Talking Beautiful Stuff (TBS)
March 2013 – present (4 months)
- Arts and Culture
• Manages TBS' digital footprint, including visual identify and technical infrastructure.
• Produces, publishes and promotes content for TBS' website, Facebook and Twitter.
Insecurity Insight (II)
May 2012 – present (1 year 2 months)
• Manages II’s presence on LinkedIn, Slideshare, Twitter and Wikipedia.
• Advises II's manager on promotion of publications and communication products.
International Resources for the Improvement of Sight (IRIS)
January 2010 – May 2011 (1 year 5 months)
• Migrated IRIS’ website to a new CMS (WordPress) and managed its online communications.
• Advised IRIS' founder on social media for positioning, outreach and fundraising.
Isaac Griberg's Education
Birmingham City University
Master of Arts in Social Media
2011 – 2014 (expected)
• Master thesis: ”The digital humanitarian” (working title).
• Focus on social media in non-profit organizations and digital volunteering.
• 80,000 SEK grant from the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
University of Örebro
Master of Science in Business and Economics
2003 – 2007
• Master thesis: ”Att nå, få och behålla ett arbete, som funktionsnedsatt” (only in Swedish).
• Focus on non-profit marketing, environment scanning and business intelligence.
• 12 months of practical vocational training as research assistant and project coordinator.
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
Fundamentals of Chinese Training Program
2006 – 2007
• Intensive Chinese language course (20 hours per week).
• Basic Chinese history, culture and economics.
Isaac Griberg's Skills & Expertise
Isaac Griberg's Languages
Swedish(Native or bilingual proficiency)
English(Full professional proficiency)
French(Professional working proficiency)
Chinese(Limited working proficiency)
Isaac Griberg's Additional Information
Diving, Photography, Traveling
- Groups and Associations:
Contact Isaac for:
- career opportunities
- expertise requests
View Isaac Griberg’s full profile to...
- See who you and Isaac Griberg know in common
- Get introduced to Isaac Griberg
- Contact Isaac Griberg directly