Founder of RailTalent.com & linkedin.railtalent.com (Largest Rail Group with 30,000 Members+) and Rail PMO Specialist
- United Arab Emirates
- Railroad Manufacture
Imran Qurashi's Overview
- Projects & Programme Management (PMO) Specialist - Rail at Roads and Transport Authority (RTA)
- Strategic Project Manager at [Global Consultancy]
- Technical Consultant at GEC Marconi Avionics
- King's College London, U. of London
- EB College London
3 people have recommended Imran
Imran Qurashi's Summary
Highly experienced and UK educated executive, Programme & Projects Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) Specialist and Management Consultant with an impressive track record of over 15 years senior management experience, having successfully lead multi-billion dollar government and commercial projects.
As the Chief Specialist in Programme & Projects Management and reporting directly to the CEO of Rail Agency, Roads & Transport Authority (RTA), he has contributed since the RTA’s inception in 2006 to its organizational development, corporate strategy, project management & delivery and continued commercial growth to the present.
- Integral in successfully developing the Dubai Metro Project Management, $15bn project.
- Introduced the Project Governance tools for the Dubai Tram, Region’s first catenary-free Tramway, $4bn project.
- Responsible for the Management of Configuration, Change and Requirements (DOORS) of the Tram project.
- Setup a Project Management Office (PMO) to govern the Rail Project standards & policies.
- Created Strategic Project Management tools.
- Initiated and conducted the feasibility for the Regions first "Rail Academy"
- Trained over 350 RTA Customer Service staff on the core elements of Metro and Tram Projects.
- Founder & Owner of Middle East’s largest Rail Projects Professional Network (30,000+ members Worldwide)
Project Management Methodology
PMO (Project Management Office)
Technical & Systems Consulting
Imran Qurashi's Experience
Projects & Programme Management (PMO) Specialist - Rail
Government Agency; 1001-5000 employees; Government Administration industry
April 2006 – Present (7 years 2 months) UAE
Appointed as Advisor and PMO Specialist to the Rail CEO; responsible for reporting on and managing Rail programmes and CEO projects, developing Project Management policies, facilitating the CEO in corporate strategic decisions and reporting to the Chairman’s office on the development of the Rail Portfolio and prioritization of projects.
Strategic Project Manager
1997 – 2006 (9 years)
As the Strategic Project Manager and Consultant I attained diverse and extensive Strategy, Project Management and Consulting skills and knowledge across numerous industries; led business growth projects, introduced technology solutions, developed pre-tender bids, improved business efficiency and advised on implementation strategies.
XEROX GLOBAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES, Middlesex, UK:
• Introduced process improvement strategies to prevent unforeseen financial losses and potential bankruptcy threats following the collapse of the Enron Bank, under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (Sarbox).
• Lead change management solutions in corporate process behaviour.
• Developed customer strategies to implement new technologies in Document Management.
• Developed an in-house Consultant Time Management System which was later implemented in all the Corporate divisions across Europe, saving the Xerox Group of companies over $1 million.
• Introduced Risk Management strategies and developed training for senior-level executives.
ADDMEDIA PUBLISHING HOUSE, Dubai, UAE:
• Introduced strategic plans to improve the magazine’s editorial and publishing process.
• Initiated effective management tools for monitoring and controlling publication deadlines.
• Developed an online strategy to increase market share and social media presence.
Imran Qurashi's Skills & Expertise
Imran Qurashi's Certifications
PRINCE2 Project Management (Practitioner)
- OGC (Office of Government Commerce) UK
- ETL UK
PMP Project Management Training
PRINCE2 Project Management (Foundation)
- OGC (Office of Government Commerce) UK
Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
Imran Qurashi's Education
King's College London, U. of London
Computer Science (BSc Honors)
1993 – 1996
EB College London
A-Levels, (Mathematics, Physics & Computer Studies)
1991 – 1993
Imran Qurashi's Additional Information
Contact Imran for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch