Howard Zien

Howard Zien

President, Business Logic Inc.

Location
New York, New York (Greater New York City Area)
Industry
Computer Software

As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.

  • See who you and Howard Zien know in common
  • Get introduced to Howard Zien
  • Contact Howard Zien directly

View Howard's full profile

Howard Zien's Overview

Current
Past
Education
Connections

500+ connections

Websites

Howard Zien's Summary

Has worked with clients in Government, Finance, Banking, Brokerage, Not-for-profit , not for profit, professional firms.

Business process reengineering, software design, software development, accounting systems, alternative investments, specialized tax accounting, private equity accounting, partnership accounting, hedge fund accounting.

Specialties

Business process reengineering, software design, software development, accounting systems, alternative investments, specialized tax accounting, private equity accounting, partnership accounting, hedge fund accounting.

Howard Zien's Experience

Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Information Technology and Services industry

January 1980Present (34 years 9 months)

Packaged software meets 70% of the software needs of companies and governmental organizations. But all companies have special business needs unique to them. Business Logic designs and develops software to meet the other 30% of these special needs. We integrate with any standard industry or enterprise software solutions.

Business Logic specializes in adding value through strategic information systems to companies in the financial and real estate industries. We also provide business process reengineering and software development services to not-for-profit, government, and professional firms.

Our software development efforts most often include industrial-strength Oracle or SQL Server databases. Our business solutions are most often delivered though web pages customized for our clients. We produce customized "cloud" applications that give our clients a competitive edge.

Keywords: Business process engineering , Software development , Cloud computing , mobile apps , tablet apps , Financial systems and accounting Systems , Alternative investments , replace spreadsheets with robust software , CRM , Customer relationship management , Salesforce.com integration , private equity accounting, partnership accounting, hedge fund accounting.

www.blogicnyc.com

Manager

Ernst and Young

Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Accounting industry

January 1977December 1980 (4 years)

Business process reengineering, software design, software development, accounting systems, alternative investments, specialized tax accounting

Consultant

tymshare

19721977 (5 years)

Business process reengineering, software design, software development, accounting systems, alternative investments, specialized tax accounting

Howard Zien's Languages

  • French

    (Professional working proficiency)
  • Spanish

    (Limited working proficiency)

Howard Zien's Skills & Expertise

  1. Software Development
  2. Integration
  3. Business Intelligence
  4. Cloud Computing
  5. Software Design
  6. Mobile Applications
  7. Microsoft SQL Server
  8. iPhone
  9. Oracle
  10. Business Process Design
  11. Accounting System
  12. Financial Systems
  13. Tablet PC
  14. CRM
  15. Strategic Partnerships
  16. Private Equity
  17. Enterprise Software
  18. Accounting systems
  19. Business Process Re-engineering
  20. Alternative Investments
  21. Leadership
  22. Finance
  23. No-SQL Database design
  24. Alternative
  25. Performance measurement
  26. Business Process
  27. Web apps
  28. Web Applications
  29. Performance Measurement

View All (29) Skills View Fewer Skills

Howard Zien's Education

Princeton University

ba, Philosophy

19671971

New York University

mba, accounting and finance

19781980

Howard Zien's Additional Information

Websites:
Interests:

Tennis, Jogging, Roller Blading, Reading and keeping my mind clear.

Groups and Associations:

Princeton University Alumni The Junto Group of New York, Business Networking BNI New York Business Forum

Honors and Awards:

Treasurer, Princeton University Class of 1971
President, Athenium House Corp

View Howard Zien’s full profile to...

  • See who you and Howard Zien know in common
  • Get introduced to Howard Zien
  • Contact Howard Zien directly

View Howard's full profile

Viewers of this profile also viewed...