Visual User Experience Designer at U.S. Bank
- Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
- Graphic Design
Holly Ostertag's Overview
- Visual UX Designer at U.S. Bank
- Owner/Web Designer at Impressions Designs
- Web Designer at Creatis, on assignment at Schoolwires
- Web Designer in Internet Marketing at Creatis, on assignment at General Mills
- Web Master at Creatis, on assignment at Thomson Reuters
- Web Designer at Creatis, on assignment at Hamline University
- University of Minnesota
- St. Mary's Graduate Center
- University of Minnesota
Holly Ostertag's Summary
Web Designer with over 14 years experience creating engaging and results-driven web experiences.
Specialties: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML, XHTML, CSS, Sitecore, JIVE, Joomla, web design, web graphic design, front end web development, intranets, branding, mobile design, responsive design, user experience
Holly Ostertag's Experience
Visual UX Designer
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; USB; Banking industry
October 2012 – Present (2 years) Minneapolis, MN
Visual User Experience Designer for U.S. Bank online banking platform, as part of the Internet Mobile Channel Group at U.S. Bank Headquarters. Create user experiences for online banking customers, working closely with Interaction Architects designers and developers. Design visual interfaces for desktop and mobile online banking task flows.
Roles: Web Designer, UX Designer, Web Graphic Designer, Visual Design Tester, Digital Photo Enhancer, Mobile Device Designer, Brand Steward
• Visual designer for conversion to new Online Banking site, serving over 8 million users.
• Member of User Experience Group for www.usbank.com Online Banking platform, working in tandem with User Interface and User Experience Designers to create high quality online banking experiences.
• Create display designs and quality control testing for various mobile device experiences for www.usbank.com Online Banking platform.
• Work with web developers to perform design quality control for all online banking functions and various Apply and www.usbank.com Online Banking processes.
• Maintain WordPress design styling guides for web developers and other designers.
• Ensure branding standards by editing and overseeing designs created by outside design agencies and U.S. Bank employees and contractors.
January 2001 – Present (13 years 9 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Roles: Web Designer, Web Graphic Designer, Front End Web Developer, Project Manager, Sales
• Design and build small to mid-sized business websites using HTML, PHP and Joomla Content Management System.
• Increase visibility of sites by implementing basic SEO and SEM principles.
• Create forms, complex graphics, layouts and marketing PDF’s.
• Manage and create email campaigns, including graphics and layouts, coding HTML and editing content, managing email lists and scheduling.
Creatis, on assignment at Schoolwires
August 2012 – August 2012 (1 month)
Maintained Schoolwires website and created various online marketing pieces.
Roles: Web Designer, Web Graphic Designer, Coder, CMS Admin
• Created online press releases, articles and landing pages.
• Designed and created custom graphics, slides and promotional ads.
• Managed day to day Schoolwires.com changes and CMS administration.
Web Designer in Internet Marketing
Creatis, on assignment at General Mills
September 2010 – August 2012 (2 years) Goldern Valley, MN
Created a variety of online pieces to promote General Mills' products and brands on the BettyCrocker.com website.
Roles: Web Designer, Front End Web Developer, CMS Admin, Web Graphic Designer, Quality Assurance Tester, Digital Photo Editor
• Designed and implemented landing pages, banners, and content packages for www.bettycrocker.com, www.pillsbury.com, and www.livebetteramerica.com as a member of Relationship Marketing’s Editorial team embedded at General Mills Worldwide Headquarters.
• Designed projects for numerous high-profile General Mills brands, including: Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Nature Valley, Yoplait, Bisquick, Land ‘O Lakes, Chex, Old El Paso and Hamburger Helper.
• Learned and became one of the Sitecore CMS experts at General Mills. Streamlined processes to increase cross-team efficiency.
• Served as liason between onsite agency, production and planning teams, creating more efficient and faster workflow.
Creatis, on assignment at Thomson Reuters
September 2008 – May 2012 (3 years 9 months) Eagan, MN
Provided creative and intranet support for the global internal communications team and company intranet users.
Roles: Webmaster, Web Graphic Designer, Front End Web Developer, Super Administrator for Intranet Management team
• Designed, coded and implemented intranet website pages for Legal business units across the globe for Thomson Reuters.
• Designed and created complex graphics, email templates, banners, and website layouts for special projects, eliminating the need for costly creative services expenses.
• Performed intranet group security functions for intranet management team and trained employees across the globe how to maintain their intranet websites.
• Became one of the Plumtree CMS experts at Thomson Reuters, providing ongoing technical support of employees, decreasing budget expenses for corporate communications and intranet administrator team.
Creatis, on assignment at Hamline University
June 2005 – September 2005 (4 months) Saint Paul, MN
Roles: Web Designer, Web Graphic Designer
• Provided creative support for senior web designer creating education unit layouts and custom graphics.
• Wrote and edited content, created page layout and coded web pages in Serena Collage CMS.
Holly Ostertag's Skills & Expertise
- Web Design
- Interactive Design
- Computer Graphics Design
- web graphic design
- Interaction Design
- Mobile Design
- User Experience
- Web Development
- Creative Direction
- Online Marketing
- Email Marketing
- User Interface
Holly Ostertag's Education
University of Minnesota
Web Designer Institute, Web Design
St. Mary's Graduate Center
Master of Arts (M.A.)
University of Minnesota
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Holly Ostertag's Additional Information
Contact Holly for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch