Senior Account Executive at FleishmanHillard
- Detroit, Michigan (Greater Detroit Area)
- Marketing and Advertising
Heather Macdonald's Overview
- Senior Account Executive at FleishmanHillard
Heather Macdonald's Experience
Senior Account Executive
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; OMC; Public Relations and Communications industry
September 2013 – Present (1 year 1 month) Greater Detroit Area
Digital Marketing Specialist
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Gambling & Casinos industry
June 2012 – September 2013 (1 year 4 months) Detroit, Michigan
• Manage corporate brand presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for MGM Grand Detroit’s restaurants, casino, hotel, spa and nightlife venues.
• Monitor brand reputation on platforms such as Yelp, TripAdvisor and OpenTable and collaborate with a variety of internal departments to assist with customer service issues and requests.
• Develop and implement digital marketing strategy within the confines of strict legal regulations.
• Work alongside MGM Grand Detroit’s public relations and advertising agencies to create integrated marketing campaigns for rebranding, venue openings, corporate social responsibility initiatives and media events.
• Copy edit and proofread for the marketing department. Manage all content and write copy for the website, mobile site and mobile application.
• Milestone: Doubled fans on the MGM Grand Detroit Facebook page within one year.
• Assist with email marketing using Aprimo.
• Organize social media contests through platforms such as Wildfire and PromoJam.
Director of Operations
Sole Proprietorship; 1-10 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
September 2010 – May 2012 (1 year 9 months) Remote Employee
• Served as the primary contact for more than 340 different clients, ranging from small startups to large corporations, such as Nissan, Citrix, Walgreens, TOMS, Kelly Blue Book and Jockey.
• Simultaneously managed 60 campaigns at any given time while operating under strict deadlines.
• Maintained quality assurance and took a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Focused on providing a memorable experience for each client.
• Worked as a project manager between team members, vendors and clients to communicate goals and expectations while ensuring deadlines were met.
• Managed the company Facebook page and developed methods to improve community engagement.
• Monitored client campaigns to track and measure reach, engagement and results.
• Routinely involved in creating and implementing new initiatives that best aligned the IWearYourShirt.com business with evolving social media platforms.
• Managed a team of four employees and one intern.
• Led the interview and hiring process for new team members.
• Organized orientations for new team members along with biannual company retreats.
President, Walter E. Griscti Chapter
Public Relations and Communications industry
May 2009 – May 2010 (1 year 1 month) Tampa, Florida
• Organized and oversaw weekly executive board and membership meetings.
• Led rebranding efforts that improved the experience for our members.
• Coordinated guest speakers, local tours, member socials and fundraising opportunities.
• Developed an online presence for the organization that improved internal and external communication.
• Participated in joint efforts with the PRSA Tampa Bay chapter to organize networking and mentoring events.
Served as the ImPRessions Newsletter Committee Chair prior to becoming President.
Nonprofit; 1001-5000 employees; Hospital & Health Care industry
June 2009 – December 2009 (7 months) Tampa, Florida
• Organized sponsorship and donations for the 27th Annual Partners in Hope Ball, which raised more than $26,000.
• Helped plan and implement new methods to increase community participation and media coverage for the Give Thanks Walk, a grassroots effort to kickoff the national Thanks & Giving campaign.
• Managed logistics for high schools and colleges participating in the Sincerely Yours and Up ‘Til Dawn letter writing campaigns that increased awareness and donations for St. Jude.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
September 2008 – December 2008 (4 months) London, United Kingdom
• Assisted with media relations for Hasbro.
• Obtained relevant editorial lists and tracked press coverage for clients.
• Mainly worked on the Hasbro account. Other clients included James & Taylor, Swedish Match and Jurys Inn.
Heather Macdonald's Skills & Expertise
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media
- Online Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Project Management
- Social Media Monitoring
- Community Management
- Content Development
- Community Engagement
- Digital Marketing
- Event Planning
Heather Macdonald's Education
B.A. in Journalism, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing
2009 – 2012
Attended the following conferences while enrolled at USF:
• Startup Weekend Tampa (April 2012)
• Startup Weekend Detroit (February 2012)
• TEDxDetroit (September 2011)
• SXSW Interactive Conference (March 2011)
• Social Fresh Tampa (February 2011)
• #140conf Detroit (October 2010)
• Blog World New Media Expo (October 2010)
• SXSW Interactive Conference (March 2010)
-Selected as the only student to participate in the first Chevy SXSW Road Trip, a social media campaign to raise awareness for the GM brand.
• PRSSA National Assembly – USF Delegate (March 2010)
-Featured in a video that was shown to the 200 attendees based on my student success story in utilizing social media for personal branding.
• PRSSA National Conference (November 2009)
• PRSSA Leadership Rally (June 2009)
• USF/UF PRSSA Regional Activity (March 2009)
Activities and Societies: Public Relations Student Society of America
2006 – 2008
Dean's List - 2008
Activities and Societies: Delta Delta Delta Sorority, The Pendulum student newspaper
Anglo American Educational Services
• Participated in a semester abroad in London at Anglo American Services.
• Took classes in media culture and history while simultaneously participating in an internship at a local PR firm.
Heather Macdonald's Additional Information
Social media, advertising, marketing, startups, entrepreneurship, networking, reading, crafts, travel
- Groups and Associations:
Startup Weekend Detroit, Social Media Club Detroit, Delta Delta Delta
- Honors and Awards:
Was the only student to participate in the first Chevy SXSW Road Trip and came in second place with Team South Florida.
Heather Macdonald's Summary
Specialties: social media, communications, online marketing, social media marketing, marketing strategy, Facebook management, Twitter management, community management, content development, SEO, digital marketing, event coordination, community building, strategic communication
Contact Heather for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- getting back in touch