Senior Project Manager, Solutions Architect and Agile Leader
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Montreal, Canada Area)
- Information Technology and Services
Herald Gjura's Overview
- Application Development Manager at Microsoft
Herald Gjura's Summary
Strategic executive with great success in product launching, IT governance, capacity/cost projections, strategic turnarounds, and creating new and effective revenue streams.
Logical thinker, quality-driven leader, strong communicator, and productive manager able to plan and execute strategic and revenue-enhancing software products and solutions.
Influential leader and team builder with expertise in building and mentoring efficient teams, effective project execution, and successful project delivery.
Specialties: Project Management, Software Architecture, Financial Software, Integration, and much more.
Herald Gjura's Experience
Application Development Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry
December 2013 – Present (10 months) montreal, quebec
I really only do two things:
1. I treat my clients as if they were the company I work for.
2. I treat the company I work for as if they were my client.
The rest is just white noise.
Vice President, Information Technology
Public Company; 51-200 employees; Pharmaceuticals industry
August 2011 – March 2013 (1 year 8 months)
Building a qualified team of software developers to engineer and execute complex revamping of existing IT and software infrastructure to support a business turnaround.
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
April 2010 – August 2011 (1 year 5 months) Montreal, Canada Area
• Managed delivery of complex solution (Java/Spring & Oracle/PL/SQL) for large pharmaceutical company, using Agile/Scrum and internal PMI methodologies.
• Managed delivery of media solutions (Java, Oracle, Video, and Vignette CMA/CDA) for large media corporation.
• Managed budgets for projects between $400K-$500K and providing financial reports and forecasting analysis to management
• Managed teams of up to 12 developers, DBAs, architects, and BAs during the lifecycle of the project; interacting with resource management and recruitment to fulfill staffing requirements, and forecasting of staffing needs; managed joint team resources (clients/TekSystems) to provide best results and knowledge-sharing opportunities
• Managed client relations and driving the change management process to adjust project deliverables and parameters
• Managed the quality, communication and risk-mgmt plans as well as requirements gathering and implementation, during the lifecycle of the project
• Successfully provided project accountability and stakeholder reporting for complex project; provided support and strategy for crisis management
• Aligned project deliverables and provided quality metrics for best client satisfaction results
• Provided financials auditing and budget adjustments and brought project back to profitability
• Successfully delivered projects according to budget and timeline parameters as well as high quality deliverables and client satisfaction
Software Development Manager
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Financial Services industry
June 2008 – September 2009 (1 year 4 months)
• Oversaw all aspects of the product development process, while managing team of 12 software developers and consultants
• Designed and implemented an iterative (Agile/SCRUM) development process encompassing all phases of the product lifecycle
• Prepared specifications and requirements documentation; conducted and leaded stakeholders iteration meetings
• Prepared analysis & design, implementation, test, and delivery & support phases
• Established flow and roles for architecture, design, code, test and program reviews
• Established mechanisms for executive management sign-off on major specifications
• Prepared detailed schedules, staff plans/budgets, and time and cost estimates for current and future product developments.
• Reported progress on product development activities to CEO and executives
• Participated in finding potential business partners and formulating technology and strategic alliances
• Successfully brought structure and accountability to the development efforts of proprietary CRM system, reporting and mission critical services (SOA) at payments processing company.
• Established PM lifecycle process and restructured software development process for higher success rate in project delivery
• Build and managed successful and highly efficient team and guided through the successful completion of projects
Senior Software Developer / Consultant (.Net / C#)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MS; Financial Services industry
July 2006 – June 2008 (2 years)
• Advised PMO in revising the project plan, setting milestones, and establishing client-dev relationship.
• Recommended changes to the development methods from Waterfall method to Agile methodologies: XP for the middleware, Feature-Driven Development (FDD) for the front-end
• Prepared reports outlining the changes in methodologies and ROI benefits.
• Recommended revising timeline, costs and resource estimates, as well as prioritizing tasks based on ROI.
• Build the architecture of multi-layered application and middleware serving the multi-platform.
• Build multiplatform GUI solution (Windows/Web/Mobile) interacting with single middleware layer and SOA engine.
Web Software Developer / Consultant (.Net / C#)
September 2003 – June 2006 (2 years 10 months)
• Build extranet to manage and monitor sales network of graphic software company.
• Built accurate and detailed specifications for the project, providing client with ERD and descriptions of the technology and solution used.
• Performed through check and evaluation of the current database structure, providing client with detailed data dictionary, set of business rules and recommendations on how to better optimize database performance.
Publishing Director Program Manager
Educational Institution; 51-200 employees; Higher Education industry
June 1997 – July 2004 (7 years 2 months) Greater Boston Area
• Directed the Press department for Hellenic College, Inc., a 20 volumes-a-year publishing house of academic books.
• Developed and directed the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department.
• Prepared and administered the department’s budget, including determining staffing and operational needs.
• Directed a team of full-time, mobile and freelance editors and designers.
• Planned, organized, reviewed and evaluated the work of professional, technical, office support and operational staff; provided for the selection, training, development and work evaluation of department staff; provided policy guidance and evaluation to staff.
Herald Gjura's Certifications
Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Project Management Institute
- License InProgress
- January 2013
Certified Agile Scrum Coach (CSC)
- License In Progress
- January 2013
MCPD: Enterprise + Web + Windows Application Developer
Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Project Management Institute
Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Herald Gjura's Education
Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Strategic Planning and Finance
2012 – 2014
Corporate Finance - CFA Training
2010 – 2010
Certificate in Project Management, Project Management (PMP)
2007 – 2008
Certificate in Software Engineering, Master's Certificate in C/C++ Programming
2000 – 2002
Herald Gjura's Languages
Herald Gjura's Skills & Expertise
- Strategic Thinking
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic Financial Planning
- Strategic Leadership
- Leadership Development
- Business Strategy
- Project Management
- PMO Development
- Agile Project Management
- Agile Methodologies
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Team Leadership
- Technical Leadership
- Software Development
- Microsoft Technologies
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Team Management
- Software Project Management
- Web Applications
- Change Management
- Requirements Gathering
- Mobile Devices
- Resource Management
- IT Management
- Business Intelligence
- IT Strategy
- Enterprise Architecture
- Program Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Process
- Solution Architecture
Herald Gjura's Additional Information
Herald Gjura's Projects
Contact Herald for:
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Herald Gjura’s full profile to...
- See who you and Herald Gjura know in common
- Get introduced to Herald Gjura
- Contact Herald Gjura directly