Manager, executive communications at Tenet Healthcare
- Dallas/Fort Worth Area
- Public Relations and Communications
Helen Jerman's Overview
- Manager, executive communications at Tenet Healthcare
Helen Jerman's Summary
I'm a creative self-starter skilled in communication strategies, writing and editing for a variety of audiences and in a variety of voices, including executive, employee and internal communications, to reach stakeholders of a Fortune 200 healthcare company.
Working in a fast-paced environment under intense deadlines, I apply my journalism background in writing and editing to manage and provide strategic counsel on communications projects of all sizes. Whether it's talking points, memos, white papers, web content, newsletters or simple design projects, I handle all of them with finesse, flexibility and integrity, resulting in impactful communications that reach more than 100,000 employees nationwide.
As a versatile copy editor and writer, I've mastered style, grammar and punctuation and am deeply familiar with emerging social media and web technologies, as well as basic graphic design principles and computer programs.
Helen Jerman's Experience
Manager, executive communications
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; THC; Hospital & Health Care industry
October 2013 – Present (1 year 1 month) Dallas, TX
• Prepare talking points, speeches and presentations for the chief executive officer and other senior executives of a Fortune 200 healthcare company.
• Manage internal, executive and employee communications to more than 100,000 employees nationwide, developing communications plans and consulting with senior executives to ensure consistent, relevant and timely messaging and improved communications processes, tools, techniques and delivery.
• Provide communications support to several key home office departments, including the executive office and human resources department
• Spearhead major communications initiatives, drafting and reviewing memos, fact sheets, web content, speeches, presentations and other materials that support a wide range of strategic priorities across the company.
• Play integral role in planning and executing major company initiatives. These include company's recent branding refresh, launch of new company intranet and external website, and annual events such as company strategy conference and awards banquet, production of book compilation of employee stories, and communications about company employee survey and annual benefits enrollment.
• Provide mentorship and general supervision of junior member of communications team.
Principal, Tenet Healthcare,
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
November 2009 – October 2013 (4 years)
• Managed internal, executive and employee communications to more than 58,000 employees nationwide, developing communications plans and consulting and interfacing with senior executives to ensure consistent, relevant and timely messaging and improved communications processes, tools, techniques and delivery.
• Provided communications support to several key home office departments, including the executive office and human resources department; spearheaded major communications initiatives, drafting memos, fact sheets, web content, speeches, presentations and other communications that support major company initiatives such as the company’s nationwide employee recognition program, on-boarding branding policy, flu vaccination policy, and annual employee survey communications.
• Wrote monthly white paper that highlights company initiatives and leaders and that is sent to more than 2,000 employees nationwide, arranging and conducting interviews with home office and hospital employees at all levels of the organization.
• Oversaw external awards program for Fortune 500 healthcare company, managing deadlines and entering company and its leaders into more than 25 local, national and industry recognition programs; success rate exceeding 70%.
Nonprofit; 51-200 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
September 2008 – June 2010 (1 year 10 months)
● Earned Competent Communicator designation as member of Dallas-area Toastmasters chapter.
Copy editor, slot, Web editor
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; AHC; Newspapers industry
April 2005 – November 2009 (4 years 8 months)
● As 1 of 10 Web editors at night, have final authority to edit stories, videos and slideshows on dallasnews.com, decide what content to feature, and track breaking news.
● Write and refine copy for search engine optimization.
● Evaluate and refine work of over 40 colleagues as one of last people to see paper before it’s published.
● Edit for grammar, style, clarity and fairness, maintaining reporter’s voice and intent.
Publications editor (volunteer)
Nonprofit; 1001-5000 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
June 2003 – April 2005 (1 year 11 months)
● Produced fliers and quarterly newsletter, researching, writing and editing articles and compiling submissions from staff of 4 to promote events that raised tens of thousands of dollars.
Copy editor, wire editor, director of magazine content
Public Company; 201-500 employees; Newspapers industry
September 2002 – April 2005 (2 years 8 months)
● Chose content for and edited news, business and features sections, advising more than 15 page designers and editors to prioritize the news of the day and track breaking news.
● Launched weekly entertainment magazine as part of 3-person team.
Helen Jerman's Languages
Basic conversational Spanish
Helen Jerman's Skills & Expertise
- AP Style
- Headline Writing
- Ap Style
- Copy Editing
- Social Media
- Web Content
- Strategic Communications
- Internal Communications
- Press Releases
- Content Management
- Web Editing
- Speech Writing
- Content Development
- Online Journalism
- Corporate Communications
- Web Content Management
- Content Strategy
- Text Editing
- Public Speaking
- Marketing Communications
- Communications Planning
- New Media
Helen Jerman's Education
Helen Jerman's Additional Information
Contact Helen for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch