Program Strategist at SocialChorus
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Gregg Hanano's Overview
- Program Strategist at SocialChorus
- Marketing Coordinator, Social Media and Community Management at Redbeacon
- Marketing Intern at Redbeacon
- Marketing Research Analyst at Webmarketing123
- California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo
- Mission San Jose High School
Gregg Hanano's Summary
I am a graduate of the California Polytechnic State University with a B.S. in Business and a concentration in marketing. I have a passion for start-ups, marketing, advertising, and the Tech Industry in general. I'm the kind of nerd who has favorite commercials and tries out any hot new app reported on TechCrunch. I also appreciate clever puns, milk tea, and the Subway located on 3rd and Market for being so efficient at sandwich-making.
When I'm not working, you can find me either still actively on social media platforms (especially Tumblr and Reddit) or watching/live tweeting my favorite TV show: Community!
Follow me on Twitter (@gregghanano)! Or check out my Wordpress (gregghanano.wordpress.com).
Gregg Hanano's Experience
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
February 2014 – July 2014 (6 months) San Francisco Bay Area
My responsibilities include working with bloggers, consumers, and employees for Fortune 500 brands to create powerful advocacy marketing programs. I create shareable content, draft emails for re-engagement, and turn data into consumable metrics.
SocialChorus® powers tens of thousands of brand advocates – employees, consumers and bloggers - to experience, create and share authentic content about brands they love. We call this new marketing category Advocate Marketing.
Our award-winning Advocate Experience™ solution makes Advocate Marketing performance easy. We combine a comprehensive SaaS platform with a dedicated, expert team and best practices to deliver measurable social engagement with millions of people every month.
Leaders in every industry, including consumer packaged goods, retail, technology, telecommunications, travel, automotive and financial services have chosen SocialChorus, the recognized leader in Advocate Marketing.
Marketing Coordinator, Social Media and Community Management
Public Company; 11-50 employees; Internet industry
August 2012 – January 2014 (1 year 6 months) San Mateo, CA
- Grew Facebook fan count from 4,000 to 20,000 in 1 year. Continuously growing account today.
- Monitored and updated Facebook page with engaging content to improve edgerank and organic reach.
- Updated and grew company’s Twitter account from 2,000+ to 3,000 fans.
- Grew Company’s Pinterest followers from 86 to 260.
- Created, ran, and managed Redbeacon’s Klout perk reaching 6 million impressions.
- Resolved customer complaints through social media by working with both the engineering and operation teams to fix bug.
- Helped Online Marketing Manager create an article database to boost organic search traffic. I managed a group of writers and created over 1,000 article titles.
- Update Redbeacon's blog with big news, helpful tips and tricks, and fun copy coinciding with current events.
Public Company; 11-50 employees; Internet industry
April 2012 – August 2012 (5 months) San Mateo, CA
- Helped create a content marketing platform. Created over 500 meta descriptions and implemented over 300 articles using HTML.
- Generated fans through Social Media Strategies, Facebook promotions, and ads. Grew fan count from 4,000 to 10,000+ in three months.
- Studied basic SEM strategies in Google Adwords and Marin Software.
Marketing Research Analyst
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
August 2011 – December 2011 (5 months) Emeryville, CA
-Assisted in content creation. Wrote 4 white papers and 3 blog posts.
-Researched possible leads and companies using Jigsaw.
-Extensively researched topics such as SEO, PPC, Social Media Marketing, Google Analytics, and Google Keyword Tool.
Gregg Hanano's Skills & Expertise
- Social Media Marketing
- Microsoft Excel
- Market Research
- Facebook Marketing
- Social Media
- Google Analytics
- Marketing Strategy
Gregg Hanano's Education
B.S., Business, Marketing
2007 – 2011
Vice President - Japanese Cultural Exchange 2009-2010
Social Chair - Chinese Student Association 2010-2011
Club Representative and Hype Crew member - Poly Cultural Weekend. 2010-2011
"WOW Leader" - Week of Welcome Orientation Program 2008-2009
Co-Founder and coordinator - PCE/CSA Collaboration dance team 2010 - 2011
Co-choreographer - Chinese Student Association's Take Out Kidz (hip hop dance team) 2009-2011
Co-Head coordinator - Winter Formal committee 2011
Director/Co-Writer - Annual Chinese New Year Banquet Play
Activities and Societies: Japanese Cultural Exchange, Chinese Student Association, Pilipino Cultural Exchange, Poly Cultural Committee, Cal Poly's Week of Welcome Orientation Program, CSA's Take Out Kidz, PCE Modern
Mission San Jose High School
2003 – 2007
Activities and Societies: Football, Volleyball, Musical Theatre
Gregg Hanano's Languages
Spanish(Limited working proficiency)
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Gregg Hanano's Additional Information
social media marketing, community management, advertising, SEM, SEO, content creation, hip hop dancing, Community (TV show)
- Groups and Associations:
Week of Welcome Orientation Program, PolyCultural Weekend Committee, Winter Formal Committee, Chinese Student Association, Pilipino Cultural Exchange, Japanese Cultural Exchange
Contact Gregg for:
View Gregg Hanano’s full profile to...
- See who you and Gregg Hanano know in common
- Get introduced to Gregg Hanano
- Contact Gregg Hanano directly