Owner of Jacaranda Technologies, LLC
- Greater New York City Area
Gabriela Levit's Overview
- Freelance Digital/Web Manager (Freelance) at Jacaranda Technologies, LLC
Gabriela Levit's Summary
Digital/Web Manager with demonstrated understanding of the digital space and building responsive, SEO-friendly websites. Experienced in planning, implementing, and managing diverse technology projects, including web sites, corporate intranets, and enterprise applications.
Able to write clearly and communicate effectively with technical, business, and lay audiences. Bilingual. Native fluency in English and Spanish.
WordPress Expertise with custom themes, plugins and web sites. Active member of the WordPress community. Past speaker at several WordCamps and meetups. Topics included adding WordPress content, troubleshooting, LESS and SASS CSS preprocessors, and creating WordPress child themes.
Highly customer-centered. Strong marketing skills for cultivating existing customer relationships and building new business.
Gabriela Levit's Experience
Freelance Digital/Web Manager (Freelance)
Jacaranda Technologies, LLC
May 2008 – Present (6 years 5 months) Bridgewater, New Jersey, USA
Started and grew a consulting practice specializing in WordPress web sites, theme customization, plugins, and SEO for small businesses and non-profit organizations.
- WordPress Implementation and Maintenance. Created new web sites, custom WordPress themes and plugins. Set up WordPress site backups and configured WordPress sites for better security.
- Project Management. Tracked progress from start to finish to ensure project milestones were completed on time, on budget, and with the desired results
- Prepared estimates and proposals. Reduced risk through careful gathering and analysis of requirements. Created detailed cost and time estimates, project milestones, and schedules.
- Client relations. Built trust and rapport to retain and grow client base year over year by providing realistic options based on professional experience, time, and budget constraints. Negotiated contract terms.
- Vendor management. Hired and supervised outside contractors and vendors, including designers, developers, copywriters, and marketers to provide the full-scope of web site design, development and online marketing services.
- Documented web site-specific customizations and trained new clients to use WordPress.
- Delivered presentations about web sites, online marketing, and SEO to business and professional organizations. Selected to speak at several WordPress conferences.
- New business development. Maintained a steady flow of clients through referrals, online marketing, presentations, and exhibition booths at local trade shows.
2006 – 2008 (2 years)
2000 – 2006 (6 years)
Gabriela Levit's Certifications
Private Pilot: Airplane Single-Engine Land
- Federal Aviation Administration - FAA
Gabriela Levit's Organizations
Association for Women in ComputingWeb Master
- 2000 to Present
Toastmasters International - Somerville NJ ChapterSargent At Arms
- 2007 to 2008
Toastmasters International is a world leading organization in communication and leadership development.
The Sargent at Arms is in charge of all the club equipment and sets up the meeting room ahead of time.
Toastmasters International - Speech Meisters Chapter, Basking Ridge, NJ
- July 2014 to Present
Gabriela Levit's Projects
LESS and SASS Presentation - Sample Code
- January 2014 to Present
Introduction to adding WordPress content. How to add pages and blog posts step by step, including text, images and other media. The difference between pages and posts, when to use each, and understand WordPress terminology.
Topics covered: Posts, Pages, Widgets, Menus, WYSIWYG Editor, Image Editor, Categories and Tags.
- May 2014 to Present
Sharing knowledge and useful tips for resolving common WordPress problems, customization, and importing/exporting content.
Gabriela Levit's Courses
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Analytics
Gabriela Levit's Honors and Awards
Certificate of Academic DistinctionKean University
Given for outstanding academic achievement
Dean's Honor ListKean University
Gabriela Levit's Skills & Expertise
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Data Analysis
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Software Development
- Database Design
- User Interface Design
- Web Applications
- Social Media Marketing
- Software Documentation
- Website Development
- Web Analytics
- Email Marketing
Gabriela Levit's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Spanish(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Gabriela Levit's Education
Gabriela Levit's Additional Information
Flying — 300 hours total flight time, Photography, Travel
- Groups and Associations:
- Honors and Awards:
Received CIBER’s 1997 Outstanding Service Award along with other Team members.
Contact Gabriela for:
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Gabriela Levit’s full profile to...
- See who you and Gabriela Levit know in common
- Get introduced to Gabriela Levit
- Contact Gabriela Levit directly