Co-Founder and Executive Producer, The Wild Geese: The History of The Irish ... Worldwide
- Greater New York City Area
- Online Media
Gerry Regan's Overview
- Co-Founder and Executive Producer at The Wild Geese
- Managing Partner at GAR Media
- Editor at Freelance / Per Project
- Editor at American Management Association
- News / Copy Editor at Office.com
Gerry Regan's Experience
Co-Founder and Executive Producer
The Wild Geese
July 1997 – Present (17 years 3 months) Astoria, New York
Gerry Regan, the co-founder and executive producer of The Wild Geese, has an intense interest in American and Irish history with an extensive background in journalism and New Media. He has studied modern Irish and British history in Trinity College, Dublin, and as a journalist and devotee of history, has had articles published in the Irish Echo, The Civil War News, The Washington Times, Medical Tribune, Newsday, and various other publications. Gerry served as a staff writer and copy editor for Gannett Westchester Newspapers and USA Today, and worked at Prodigy Services Inc. as a news editor, at newsday.com as a producer, and at office.com as a copy editor. He is a magna-cum-laude graduate of Duke University, majoring in mathematics, and has a masters degree in journalism from New York University.
Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Education Management industry
2000 – 2004 (4 years)
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Newspapers industry
1994 – 1998 (4 years)
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Design industry
1991 – 1994 (3 years)
Gerry Regan's Projects
Launching The Wild Geese 2.0
Team Members: Gerry Regan, Belinda Evangelista, Rick Grant, Tiffany Silverberg, Maryann Tracy, Alannah Ryane Media Manager, Paul Thomas Meagher, Joseph Gannon
- January 2012 to Present
Reimagining The Wild Geese as the leading online destination and community for those millions worldwide passionate about exploring Irish heritage and the Irish experience around the globe.
Gerry Regan's Skills & Expertise
- Copy Editing
- Feature Articles
- News Writing
- Headline Writing
- Content Development
- Creative Writing
- Digital Media
- Social Media
- New Media
- Content Management
- Web Content
- Social Networking
- AP Style
- Video Editing
- Content Strategy
- Video Production
- Press Releases
- Social Media Marketing
Gerry Regan's Education
Masters of Arts, Journalism
1983 – 1985
Granted with a certificate in Science and Environmental Reporting
Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics
1971 – 1975
Earned with the equivalent of a minor in history
3rd Undergraduate Year, Modern British and Irish History
1973 – 1974
Activities and Societies: Basketball Club (Irish Inter-Varsity Champions, 1974)
Gerry Regan's Summary
I specialize in journalism, with a focus on story editing, guiding news and feature coverage, and creating story packages for print and online. Areas of particular focus include marketing, history, Irish culture, politics and international affairs.
WEB PRODUCER – HIGHLIGHTS
* Experienced Internet producer, with command of HTML, FTP, Adobe Acrobat, QPS and Vignette content management systems, Mac and Win OS, Photoshop, MS Office, Quark.
* Editing and writing skills, working under deadlines, developed over 20 years with newspapers (including USA Today) and online services (TheWildGeese.com, office.com, newsday.com, Prodigy).
* Extensive copy-editing experience in such diverse fields as law, entertainment, general news, politics and culture, finance, business, advertising, technology, and publishing.
COPY EDITOR PER PROJECT AND FREELANCE – HIGHLIGHTS
* Wide experience in such diverse fields as business journalism, finance, law.
* Demonstrated expertise in AP style, and in keeping copy concise, error-free, and on-point.
* Editing, Quark and writing skills, working under deadlines, developed over 20 years with newspapers (including USA Today), magazines (Brandweek, Mediaweek) and online services (Nikkei English-Language News Bulletin, office.com, newsday.com, Prodigy).
* Extensive experience editing articles, developing story ideas, and working with writers and other editors to establish strong focus and compelling, marketable, accurate narrative.
* Proofreading expertise, working in print and online media for Swiss Re, DMB&B, others.
Copy Editing, Rewriting, Feature Writing, News Writing, Headline Writing, Assignment Editing, Web Production (HTML, photos, story packaging)
Gerry Regan's Additional Information
Contact Gerry for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch