- Paris Area, France
- Information Technology and Services
Gabriel Radic's Overview
- Co-founder at English Attack!
16 people have recommended Gabriel
Gabriel Radic's Summary
We live in a time of mature technologies and emancipated users. We can and must create intelligent, elegant products and stop trying to please the proverbial Average Joe.
* Product Management. Old-school comprehensive functional specs, or new agile user stories and flexible backlogs.
* Web Design and Architecture. Simple hosted sites, or complex web applications and e-commerce.
* Desktop and Mobile App Design. I use and develop on Windows and OS X since they were DOS 5 and Mac System 7. I work with iOS, Android and WebOS since they exist.
* Online Publishing and Social Networks. Created and managed 100k-strong communities and hundreds of web sites.
Gabriel Radic's Experience
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; E-Learning industry
August 2009 – Present (3 years 11 months) Paris, France
English Attack is a gamified learning project. Its pedagogical method uses fast-paced exercises based on video clips and photo albums. Community features are an important component of the user experience.
* define the web site architecture,
* validate technology choices,
* overview development best practices,
* optimize editorial workflow,
* manage product roadmap.
Product Manager for Content Cloud Solutions
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; FSC1V; Computer Software industry
2009 – December 2012 (3 years) Paris Area, France
Product Manager for Content Cloud Solutions:
* Manage new concepts and innovation projects in the Content Cloud business.
* Work with peers in Development, User Experience, Sales, Marketing, Customer Care, Legal, Documentation, Hosting and other teams.
* Assist sales teams with RFPs and sales presentation sessions.
* Collect feedback from partners and end-users.
As a product manager for the new Mobile Backup product:
* Define marketing requirements
* Work with Agile development team
* Manage contractor teams off-site.
* Work with customers and prospects in France, Australia, Canada and other.
* Handle other business, financial and legal aspects.
Final product worked on iOS, Android, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows Mobile, with a web interface for content access.
Founder, Usability Expert
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; CHKP; Computer & Network Security industry
September 2006 – 2012 (6 years) Paris Area, France
- Web & Desktop Design
- Identity & Branding
- Usability Expertise
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Internet industry
March 2007 – September 2009 (2 years 7 months) Paris Area, France
- Create new products
- Own the user experience
- Manage the product roadmap
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Internet industry
January 2005 – February 2007 (2 years 2 months)
Work on new products and features for the various Boonty sites and software applications:
* Build proof-of-concept prototypes;
* Write functional specification;
* Interface between the marketing and development teams;
* Constantly improve the overall user experience.
Product Manager GUI
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Management Consulting industry
October 2001 – December 2004 (3 years 3 months)
Resposable with the definition of the web user interface of the software product:
* defined user interactions and contributed to the definition of functional specifications,
* wrote the GUI technical specifications,
* designed prototypes for specific tasks,
* developed interactive SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) charts,
* drew pixelised icons for the GUI elements.
GUI Product Manager
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Computer Software industry
December 1998 – September 2001 (2 years 10 months)
I began as a graphic designer and webmaster, working on the following:
* designed and maintained the corporate web site,
* designed the product packaging, including manuals and box,
* maintained the demo product installations, acquiring new technical skills.
A year later, I became the user interface designer for iChannel, switching teams from Marketing to Product Management. My assignments included:
* designing and prototyping the web-based product user interface,
* conducting usability tests with user groups,
* writing functional specifications, defining test cases,
* working close to the development team, validating development milestones,
* managing projects using Onyx CRM tools.
Layout Designer, Webmaster
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Writing and Editing industry
July 1996 – November 1998 (2 years 5 months)
Agora Press is the main publisher of IT content in Romania. As part of its DTP task force, I became a true expert in the following:
* publishing workflow: authoring, editing, page layout, proofing, validation and print,
* page layout for magazines and books,
* digital image acquisition and enhancement,
* conversion to various alternative formats (HTML, PDF, etc.)
At Agora I also had the opportunity to test-drive most graphics and DTP software available, and occasionally wrote reviews in IT magazines.
Gabriel Radic's Projects
- March 2000 to Present
Online community of Romanians in France.
- May 2009 to Present
Learn English with Movies, Music, Games, News and Friends.
- July 2005 to 2005
An simple wallpaper gives an incredible productivity boost.
- September 2009 to December 2010
Gabriel Radic's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
French(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Romanian(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Gabriel Radic's Skills & Expertise
Gabriel Radic's Additional Information
View Gabriel Radic’s full profile to...
- See who you and Gabriel Radic know in common
- Get introduced to Gabriel Radic
- Contact Gabriel Radic directly