HP Enterprise Services
Network Engineer at HP
|Recommendations||17 people have recommended Felipe|
Join LinkedIn & access Felipe's full profile
Experienced Network and System Engineer. MSc in Electrical Engineering. BSc in Computer Science. Specialist in Routing, Switching and Security. Experience in programming. Fluent in English and Portuguese, intermediate level in Spanish and French. Willing to relocate.
CCIE R&S (in progress)
-SDN, Software Defined Networks, OpenFlow, NFV
-In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP
-Routers and switches platforms: Cisco, Juniper
-Firewall platforms: Cisco PIX/ASA/FWSM and Juniper SRX
-Advanced knowledge in Vlans 802.1Q, VTP, Spanning-tree, SNMP, IP addressing
-Routing protocols: RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
-Very good experience with OpenSource projects and solutions
-Very good knowledge of ITIL
-Database: Postgres and MySQL
-Programming: C, C++, BASH, Python
-In-depth knowledge of VoIP systems
-Load Balance: F5 BIG-IP LTM
- Senior Network Security Engineer / Network Security Architect for Complex Ac-
counts (Sabre and American Airlines).
- Technology leader for HP Managed Firewalls Services (Sabre and American Airlines
- Perform evaluation of new technologies being considered for adoption into HP
- Perform platform integration for new technology adopted by clients
- Act as tier-4 technical resource for global network security engineering organization
- Participate in development and application of network architecture and service
- Pre-sales, transformation, life-cycle engineering and tier-four break-fix support for
HP Enterprise Services Managed Firewall Service (Sabre and American Airlines
- Engineering technical lead for Cisco ASA/PIX/FWSM platforms
- Conguration and troubleshooting of Cisco network security appliances (Cisco
ASA, Pix and FWSM) including virtualized firewalls.
- Work with Client Security Offices to develop security models and requirements;
- Review and analyze network security deviations according to HP standards;
- Design and implement security solutions;
- Upgrade and maintain firewall hardware;
- Peer review team members work;
- Mentor colleagues and new employees.
- Develop scripts to backup firewall configs
- 3rd level network security support including oncall rotations
Network Engineer responsible for the LATAM LAN/WAN operations and international projects. Main activities performed included router configuration and maintenance. BGP configuration on border routers. VLAN and switching configuration. Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco network security appliances (PIX/ASA). VPN configuration and maintenance. VoIP consultant within the project of interconnection of all LATAM offices using the MPLS network. Consiguration of VoIP using OpenSource solutions. Responsible for the DNS structure (Linux/BIND).
CECOM is the department responsible for the network infrastructure at Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (64k students). Main activities performed included IDS configuration, traffic analysis, response to security incidents, backbone monitoring, OSPF configuration. Responsible for designing and implementing the Telephony IP system of the university. System administrator for DNS, Email, Antivirus, Antispam, NFS, Apache servers (Linux).
POP-MG is a Point of Presence in MG State for the Brazilian national research network (all federal universities are connected to this national research backbone). In 04' POP-MG and CRC merged operations. Main activities performed: Cisco router configuration, traffic monitoring traffic(MRTG) and designing the IP Telephony system for the Computer Science Department using OpenSource solutions.
CRC is responsible for all infra structure of undergraduate and graduate courses at the Computer Science Dept at UFMG. Main activities performed as a Network Administrator: Linux servr administration (DNS/Bind, Apache, Samba, NFS, Db Mysql and Postgres). Firewall configuration(iptables). IDS configuration and network traffic analysis(SNORT). 1st level support. Hardware Installations.
Some proposals are found on the literature for decentralizing SIP-based Voice over IP (VoIP) systems, replacing the client-server architecture for a P2P overlay network but none of the proposed solutions deploying a P2P network had studied the impacting of decentralization on call setup delay. We proposed a system using Kademlia instead of a centralized user location approach. Kademlia offers concurrent searches and this improves the latency in user location and thus provide a faster call establishment when the network experiences different delays, as showed in this study. In this paper it is also described how the system using Kademlia works as well as the tests performed in order to measure the impact on call establishment time when decentralizing a user location service on an IP telephony system.
Most of Voice over IP(VoIP) systems are deployed using SIP protocol and based in a client-server architecture. A lot of people and companies could be benefited if the system did not require the configuration and maintenance of central servers. Some proposals are found in the literature. In order to improve the efficiency of such approaches and to provide a complete self-configuring service of IP telephony, we suggest a new solution based on the P2P algorithm Kademlia. According with the results of our experiments, our approach has a better performance when network experiences di?fferent kind of delays due to the fact that Kademlia supports concurrent searches, improving the latency in user location, and providing a faster call establishment.
Most of Voice over IP(VoIP) systems are deployed using SIP protocol and based in a client-server architecture. A lot of people and companies could be benefited if the system did not require the configuration and maintenance of central servers. Some proposals are found in the literature, and based on these we suggest a new solution based on the P2P algorithm Kademlia, with the intuition to improve the efficiency of such approaches.
- Paper published on ATNAC 2008 under the title "A Study of the Effect of Using Kademlia as an Alternative to Centralized User Location Servers in SIP-based IP Telephony Systems"
- Paper published on APNOMS 2007 under the title "A Self-managing SIP-Based IP Telephony System Based on a P2P Approach Using Kademlia." about P2P and VoIP.
- TOEIC: 950
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Senior Network Engineer / Team Lead at HP Enterprise Services
Principle Infrastructre Analyst at London Borough of Newham
IT Network Manager at Ipswich Academy
Lead Data Centre Engineer at RBC Capital Markets
Senior Analyst at Accenture