Erik Malmedal Salhus
Senior Consultant at Webstep
- Oslo Area, Norway
- Information Technology and Services
Erik Malmedal Salhus's Overview
- Senior Consultant at Webstep
- Senior Software Engineer at Steria
- Software Engineer at Teleplan AS
- Lecturer in Adobe Flash CS3 - Actionscript 3 at Norges Informasjonsteknologiske Høgskole
- Consultant at Nokia Concept Store
Erik Malmedal Salhus' Summary
I love being a developer and thrive at starting the next projects, either small or big. My specialities consists of system development, modelling and architectural design. Also love creating beautiful things, not only pretty code.
Erik Malmedal Salhus' Experience
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
September 2012 – Present (2 years 1 month) Oslo Area, Norway
Senior Software Engineer
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; RIA; Information Technology and Services industry
September 2010 – August 2012 (2 years) Oslo
Summery of experience from client nr 1:
Analysis of logs and data from production to identify focus areas and causes of errors
• Read and analyze the code, identify bottlenecks, identify performance improvement and implement code changes with good quality.
• Implement code enhancements to ensure forvaltbar code base, with a focus on performance and errors that can affect the user experience
• Be a resource person to other development teams on how to produce Java and Flex code that provides adequate performance and support a good user experience.
• Tagging of code in Subversion
• Maintenance of documentation and tools related to performance analysis
• Documentation of policies and good practice code in Confluence
Technologies used: Java, Flex, JUnit, FlexUnit, Spring, Spring Batch, Hibernate, Maven2, Citrix, IReport/Jasper Reports, Sonar, Red Hat Linux, JBoss, Jetty, JDBC, SQL, Sybase, Hudson/Jenkins, sed(unix-based stream editor), YourKit, Squirrel, QualityCenter, BlazeDS.
Project tasks: Scrum Master (substitute), development.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
June 2006 – August 2010 (4 years 3 months)
Developed applications for both public and private companies:
- Project manager on small projects developing mobile applications using mBricks framework, Spring and Hibernate.
- Crisis and Issue Manager application for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- R&D within maps and the use of flash/flex
- R&D within maps on mobile phones and the use of J2ME
Erik Malmedal Salhus' Projects
PERFORM - Statens Pensjonskasse
Team Members: Erik Malmedal Salhus, Marianne Worren, Kjetil Myhre Ims, Frode Lindås, Cato Hauge, Erica Ligner, Thomas Øverby, , Inga Kristine Holen, Inge Nagelhus
- September 2010 to April 2012
Major project at Statens Pensjonskasse, the retirement fund for government employees in Norway. The project was the biggest at the time running agile in Norway. It peaked at around 150 developers.
I participated as a java-developer in a team from Steria.
Skills used in this project:
Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven,
Flex, SQL, Sybase, Bash
C, MP, PUMA
Team Members: Erik Malmedal Salhus
- January 2013 to Present
Developing on multiple projects within the Gjensidige chain, both working on the web 2.0 frontend as well as the domain driven backend.
Erik Malmedal Salhus' Skills & Expertise
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Spring Batch
- Continuous Integration
- Agile Methodologies
- Atlassian JIRA
- Oracle Certified Java Programmer
- Java Mobile Edition
- HTML 5
- Unit Testing
- Test Driven Development
- Java Enterprise Edition
- Android Development
Erik Malmedal Salhus' Certifications
Oracle Certified Java Programmer
- Pearson VUE (GlassPaper, Helsfyr)
- July 2011
Erik Malmedal Salhus' Education
Erik Malmedal Salhus' Additional Information
Contact Erik Malmedal for:
- career opportunities
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Erik Malmedal Salhus’ full profile to...
- See who you and Erik Malmedal Salhus know in common
- Get introduced to Erik Malmedal Salhus
- Contact Erik Malmedal Salhus directly