ECSE Instructional Interventionist at Clark County School District
- Las Vegas, Nevada Area
- Education Management
Eric Mitsch's Overview
Eric Mitsch's Summary
Education coach and instructor with over 5 years of experience working in the Clark County School District. Representative of CCSD's Student Services Division (SSD), supporting new and veteran special education teachers. Experienced public speaker and trainer, currently recognized as an IEP Process Overview trainer for district schools and an invited speaker at CCSD’s annual Early Childhood Conference. Outsource member of a state Child Find team which assists parents in the early identification of children with disabilities through free screening measures to determine initial eligibility for special education and related services.
Alumni and advocate of the non-profit, Teach For America organization and an elected Governing Board Member of the Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children (Nevada AEYC). Currently hold a Master's in Special Education with expected graduation with second Master's in Education Leadership & Administration in Spring 2015.
Experienced in project management, market research, sales pitching, and new venture development. Participated in four collegiate level business competitions, including:
- UCSB’s TMP New Venture Competition (2009), AcceloMed Technologies
- USC’s New Innovators Showcase (2009), AcceloMed Technologies
- Nevada Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (NCET) Donald W. Reynold's Governer's Cup (2011), TheVegasList.com
- Crowdfunder’s Vegas Tech Fund Competition (2012), Chexplore.com
In 2009, AcceloMed Technologies earned "Best Business Plan" honors with a $5,000 prize at the New Venture Competition in conjunction with UCSB Engineering's Technology Management Program. In 2011, TheVegasList represented UNLV as state finalist & $1000 Prize Winner for TheVegasList.com at the Nevada Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (NCET) Donald W. Reynold's Governer's Cup in Reno, Nevada. In 2013, Chexplore earned top 10 finalist honors at Crowdfunder’s $500,000 business plan competition in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Eric Mitsch's Education
Eric Mitsch's Volunteer Experience & Causes
VP of Communication & Technology
Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children (NevAEYC)
January 2014 – present (9 months)
- As elected Governing Board member of NAEYC state affiliate organization, work directly with President and Governing Board members to support the advancement of organizational technology and early childhood initiatives through state legislation.
- Serve among a committee of ten elected Governing Board representatives responsible for the oversight of a $500,000 annual operating budget.
- Participate in an ad-hoc committee responsible for organizing NevAEYC's annual leadership retreat.
Alumni & Volunteer
Teach For America
June 2011 – present (3 years 4 months)
- In 2011, worked with an Alumni Advisory Board to raise over $3,000 in capital to increase alumni engagement activities in the Las Vegas Valley region.
- Developed the Alumni Ambassadors Committee through collaboration with regional staff to increase corps member and alumni retention in the Las Vegas community through monthly newsletters, socials, and EdChat events.
- Recruited guest speakers from various businesses and school district offices to participate in the first ever Teach For America, Las Vegas Valley, Alumni Summit, which hosted over 150 active corps members and alumni (2012).
- Received full sponsorship to attend Annual Alumni Awards and Educators Conference in Detroit, MI as reward nominee (2013).
- Invited as one of five fully-sponsored Teach For America alumni representatives to participate in TFA’s Early Childhood Leadership Conference in Atlanta, GA (2014).
Causes I care about:
- Civil Rights and Social Action
- Human Rights
- Poverty Alleviation
- Social Services
Organizations I support:
- Teach For America
- Rotary International
Eric Mitsch's Skills & Expertise
- Customer Service
- Business Planning
- Business Communications
- Public Speaking
- Project Management
- Social Networking
- Educational Leadership
- Special Education
- Teacher Training
Eric Mitsch's Additional Information
- Honors and Awards:
Public Service Certificate, Teach For America (2011)
Certificate of Commendation for TheVegasList, Senator Harry Reid of Nevada (2011)
Senatorial Certificate of Commendation for TheVegasList, Senator John Ensign of Nevada (2011)
AmeriCorps Educational Grant Recipient (2010, 2011)
Lied's Children's Discovery Museum - CCSD Teacher of the Month (2010)
Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
UCSB Dean's Honors - 5 Quarters
Technology Entrepreneurship Certificate (2009)
Inter-Greek Scholarship Award for Academic Excellence (2009)
"Best Business Plan" Award - TMP New Venture Competition (2009)
Published in UCSB Annual Publication, Starting Lines (2005)
View Eric Mitsch’s full profile to...
- See who you and Eric Mitsch know in common
- Get introduced to Eric Mitsch
- Contact Eric Mitsch directly