- Greater Los Angeles Area
- Media Production
Eric Nord's Overview
- Media Services at Freelance
- Volunteer Writing Teacher at Los Angeles Public Library
- Lead Designer at Triptrotting Inc
- Designer & Developer at Otis College of Art and Design
- Designer & Developer at CitizenNet
- Sr. Web Designer at SpinMedia, Inc.
- Web Designer at Spot Runner
- Editorial Assistant at University of Southern California (Information Sciences Institute)
Eric Nord's Summary
I collaborate with businesses and organizations to empower participants. My services center around website design and development.
• product ideation and technology research
• information architecture and user experience design
• visual design and interface design
• branding, marketing, and social media strategy
• project management and training
• writing and copyediting
Eric Nord's Experience
Volunteer Writing Teacher
Government Agency; 501-1000 employees; Libraries industry
April 2014 – Present (6 months) Los Angeles, CA
I teach a weekly writing class in LAPL's Adult Literacy program. I create lessons for a wide range of skill levels. I also work with students 1-on-1 and develop individualized learning plans.
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Internet industry
December 2011 – January 2013 (1 year 2 months) Santa Monica, CA
I designed and developed user experiences and interfaces. I collaborated with industry leaders from Google, 500 Startups, Launchpad LA, and Idealab.
Designer & Developer
Educational Institution; 201-500 employees; Higher Education industry
September 2010 – January 2012 (1 year 5 months)
I worked on a variety of design and development tasks.
Designer & Developer
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
December 2009 – June 2010 (7 months)
I designed marketing material, user experiences, and user interfaces. I managed an offshore development team and collaborated extensively with an in-house development team.
Sr. Web Designer
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Online Media industry
June 2008 – November 2008 (6 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
I worked on marketing sites, community sites, and news portals. In collaboration with an inter-departmental team, I designed a content management system for the editorial staff.
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
December 2007 – June 2008 (7 months)
I worked across marketing and product teams. I helped design a large advertising platform for major television networks.
Educational Institution; 10,001+ employees; Research industry
2005 – 2007 (2 years)
As part of the RFC Editor team, I collaborated with technical authors around the world to prepare, edit, and publish technical documents about internet networking.