Sr. Software Engineer at UnitedLex Corporation
- Shawnee, Kansas (Kansas City, Missouri Area)
- Computer Software
Eric Biven's Overview
- Sr. Software Engineer at UnitedLex Corporation
- Director of Engineering at Solidify HR
- Owner at Inspire, LLC
- Senior Developer at Builder Designs
- Senior Developer at ClickFarm Interactive, Inc.
- Field Engineer at SkyLink Design, Inc.
Eric Biven's Summary
Computer software developer and technology architect. I've been involved in companies and projects in all phases, from startup companies doing prototypes to creating and maintaining large-scale web applications. I place a premium on my projects being on time, on budget, and right the first time.
Software architecture, designing systems for scalability, leveraging cloud and open source technologies for reduced costs, finding, improving, and retaining technical talent.
Eric Biven's Experience
Sr. Software Engineer
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Legal Services industry
April 2014 – Present (1 month)
Director of Engineering
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Computer Software industry
August 2011 – April 2014 (2 years 9 months) Lenexa, KS
Team lead of software developers, testers, and designers creating mobile-aware web applications for a startup company. Transitioned through being acquired and continued to expand the team and the scope of the project. Accountable for all phases of the technology strategy and ensuring our offerings are ahead of the curve, including leveraging Amazon Web Services to reduce costs and improve scalability and uptime of our application. Began and completed a SOC2 (security principals) attestation.
Interfaced with all other aspects of the business to confirm they had current and relevant information about our offering and to ensure that our strategy aligned with business goals and projections. Worked daily with the designers, QA personnel, systems engineers, and developers who reported to me to align their goals with those of the business.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Internet industry
May 2009 – December 2009 (8 months)
Built a development framework for real estate and home builder websites. Supported existing customer base and added new functionality as requested by customers.
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Internet industry
October 2007 – May 2009 (1 year 8 months)
Created web presences for clients, including videos and email marketing campaigns. Created an eCommerce framework to work with the in-house web development framework.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Telecommunications industry
February 2006 – August 2007 (1 year 7 months)
* Launched a support organization around a new software product, including processes, procedures, and software
* Managed between four and fourteen developers and support personnel
* Facilitated and encouraged communication among original software developers, current programmers and staff, and clients of the software (including Sprint, Sanyo, Samsung, LG, Motorola, and Bell Mobility)
Eric Biven's Publications
Eric Biven's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Eric Biven's Projects
Eric Biven's Skills & Expertise
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Document Databases
- Team Management
- Cloud Computing
- Agile Methodologies
- Web Services
- HTML 5
Eric Biven's Additional Information
Contact Eric for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Eric Biven’s full profile to...
- See who you and Eric Biven know in common
- Get introduced to Eric Biven
- Contact Eric Biven directly