- Greater New York City Area
Earl Cox's Overview
- Co-founder, Business Manager at TheMoneyCoach.net
- Owner at Earl Cox & Associates Literary Management
- Publisher at Eastwood Harris Books
- President and CEO at Writersandpoets.com, LLC
- Consultant at Black Issues Book Review
- National Accounts Manager at John Wiley and Sons
- Sales Rep at Prentice Hall - Professional Technical Reference
- Buyer, Computer Books Sales Manager at Golden Lee Book Distributors
- Store Manager at Doubleday Bookshops (Barnes & Noble)
- City University of New York-Baruch College
- Howard University
- Stanford University
1 person has recommended Earl
Earl Cox's Summary
I am a publishing veteran with more than two decades of experience.
After spending ten years with John Wiley & Sons, I launched my own publishing and literary management agency, Earl Cox & Associates. Most recently, I co-founded AskTheMoneyCoach.com, a free personal finance advice site.
At the NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies Center for Publishing, I taught courses on book promotion, marketing and sales. Additionally, I taught classes at and am a graduate of the Stanford Professional Publishing Program.
Here are the three core areas of my professional expertise:
* As a Literary Agent, I offer author representation, idea development, manuscript review, and career management services.
* As a Publishing Consultant, I provide all aspects of book and digital publishing services including editing, layout, book packaging, printing, distribution and SEO.
* As a Public Relations Expert, I help authors, bloggers, publishers, and corporations get their books, products, services or messages to the media. I also collaborate with P.R. and marketing firms to connect their clients with television, radio, print and social media.
My creativity is the cornerstone of my success. I can take any book, article or even just an idea, and make it better.
Publishing, printing, marketing, book promotion, book publicity, sales management, sales strategy, distribution, acquisitions, literary management, contract negotiation, collections
Earl Cox's Experience
Co-founder, Business Manager
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Publishing industry
January 2004 – Present (9 years 5 months)
Earl Cox & Associates Literary Management
July 2003 – Present (9 years 11 months)
Literary representation for book projects in the following categories:
Biography / Memoirs
I also offer book consulting with a specialty in book promotion, distribution and sales management.
Eastwood Harris Books
January 1999 – October 2010 (11 years 10 months)
Eastwood Harris Books is the US based publishing partner of Eastwood Harris Pty. which is based in Victoria, Australia. We publish the leading training manuals on Primavera software applications and Microsoft Project. Our books are distributed worldwide.
President and CEO
January 2000 – December 2009 (10 years)
Since 1999, Writersandpoets.com has offered consulting and self publishing services to independent authors. Please spend a few minutes on our web site to learn what services we offer, our company’s philosophy, and tips and advice for would be authors. We differentiate ourselves from companies that offer “one size fits all” publishing packages. Instead, our company uses a small team of dedicated professionals that give you customized service and quality throughout the entire publishing process. We only publish select projects that have strong commercial appeal and authors that are ready to actively step into the media spotlight to promote their title. http://www.writersandpoets.com
National Accounts Manager
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Publishing industry
1992 – 2002 (10 years)
Earl Cox's Skills & Expertise
Earl Cox's Education
City University of New York-Baruch College
Certificate in Publishing, Publishing
An intensive program for magazine and book publishing professionals taught by luminaries in the U.S. publishing industry.