Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN
Founder and Webmaster of MedFriendly.com
- Syracuse, New York Area
- Mental Health Care
Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN's Overview
- Neuropsychologist and Coordinator of Neuropsychology Assessment Program at SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Founder and Webmaster at MedFriendly
Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN's Summary
Goal is to expand my professional lecturing services to a paid-for-service business focuing on topics related to neuropsychology, particularly symptom validity assessment, effort testing, mild traumatic brain injury, and what some refer to as "post concussion syndrome."
Another goal is to develop a private legal consulting business offering professional opinions on neuropsychology, such as case vaiability and review of records to assist counsel.
For a summary of professional experience, see http://medfriendly.com/history.html
Professional lecturing and speaking, legal consulting, neuropsychologcal assessment, neuropsychology
Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN's Experience
Neuropsychologist and Coordinator of Neuropsychology Assessment Program
Educational Institution; 5001-10,000 employees; Hospital & Health Care industry
September 2005 – Present (9 years 1 month)
Provides outpatient neuropsychological services to adults and children, beginning at age 5. Diagnoses include traumatic brain injury, dementia, developmental disorders, multiple sclerosis, stroke, & psychiatric illness. Also responsible for training and supervising psychology interns in clinical neuropsychology as well as supervising and training undergraduate and graduate research assistants. Lecturing responsibilities includes hospital in-services, presentations to local colleges (i.e., Syracuse University, Le Moyne College) on clinical neuropsychology, coordinating a monthly journal club on mild traumatic brain injury, providing monthly lectures about mild traumatic brain injury, and coordinating a monthly neuropsychology case conference series on diverse neurological diagnoses in adults and children. Other duties include coordinating the clinical and business aspects of the neuropsychology service, developing and maintaining a statistical database, and initiating research studies.
Founder and Webmaster
October 2001 – Present (13 years)
Created and currently maintains a medical website that explains medical terminology in an easy to understand, jargon-free manner. Many of the 2500+ medical terms are related to the neurosciences. MedFriendly is listed as a resource by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, was used to define medical terms in a U.S. court case, and has been featured in metropolitan newspapers and on a local NBC news affiliate.
Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN's Education
PhD, Clinical Psychology with neuropsychology specialization
1998 – 2003
- Cumulative GPA: 4.0.
- Neuropsychology specialization program followed APA’s guidelines for graduate training in clinical neuropsychology.
- Dissertation title: A comparison of three cognitive screening measures in a traumatic brain injured population.
1993 – 1998
Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN's Additional Information
Neuropsychology, neurology, reading
- Groups and Associations:
American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology National Academy of Neuropsychology International Neuropsychological Society New York State Association of Neuropsychology Central New York Psychological Assosciation
- Honors and Awards:
- Awarded “Psychologist of the Year” by the Central NY Psychological Association in 12/07.
- First place award for research presentation at Michael E. Cohen Research Day (6/17/05).
- Dean’s list for eight consecutive semesters at Le Moyne College.
- Department of Psychology Medal (1998).
- Third place for research presentation at the 4th Annual North Jersey Undergraduate Psychology Conference (1997).
- Monsignor David J. Dooling Medal in Junior Social Science (1996).
- Marnie A. McCluskey Medal in Sophomore Social Science (1995).
Contact Dominic for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- business deals
- getting back in touch
View Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN’s full profile to...
- See who you and Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN know in common
- Get introduced to Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN
- Contact Dominic Carone, PhD, ABPP-CN directly