Recruiting Engineering Professionals to Work on the World's Most Challenging Engineering Design/Build Projects
- Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
- Civil Engineering
Dennis Shannon's Overview
- Candidate Development Specialist/Contract Recruiter at CH2M HILL
- Recruiting Manager at NSource
- Contract Recruiter/Candidate Development Specialist through Agile1 at CH2M HILL
- Talent Advisor at Randstad SourceRight US at Honeywell PMT
- Senior Recruiter through Alexander Mann Solutions at Rolls-Royce
- Contract Recruiter at ThyssenKrupp
- Contract Recruiter at Belden Inc.
- Recruiting Manager at Critical Skills, Inc.
- Recruiting Manager at RCR Technology
- Contract Recruiter at Produce Careers, Inc
- Contract Talent Acquisition Specialist at Navistar, Inc
- Client Facing Recruiter through Spherion at Cisco
- Contract Recruiter at Volt Technical Resources
- Contract Recruiter through RES at Kellogg Company
- Senior Recruiter at Analysts International
- Contract Recruiter at Kelly Services/Kraft Foods
- Contract Recruiter through Adecco at Covance
- Contract Recuiter at First Call Staffing
- Senior Technical Recruiter at Adecco Technical
- Senior Employment Recuiter at AIG American General
Dennis Shannon's Summary
Interested in joining a world class employee-owned engineering company that is consistently ranked as the #1 Program Management firm by Engineering News Record? Is so, please contact me to find out about career opportunities at CH2M Hill in the US and Canada.
Discover why CH2M Hill has long been recognized as a most-admired company and leading employer and why we are consistently ranked among the best employers to work for!
I am a results-focused, full life cycle Recruiting and Staffing Professional with a commitment to creative recruitment and outstanding customer service. I have over 20 years experience developing, managing, implementing and evaluating recruitment processes, policies, procedures and strategies, a proven track record of success locating, identifying and closing top talent, with a special emphasis on difficult to fill positions, and demonstrated ability to effectively handle a large number of requisitions while meeting and exceeding performance standards and metrics.
Dennis Shannon's Experience
Candidate Development Specialist/Contract Recruiter
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Civil Engineering industry
August 2014 – Present (2 months) Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
CH2M Hill is a Fortune 500 ranked global leader in Engineering Consulting, Program Management, Design, Construction, and Operations for government, civil, industrial, and energy clients. With $6.6 billion in revenue, over 26,000 employees help CH2M Hill deliver innovative, practical, sustainable solutions - helping clients develop and manage infrastructure and facilities that improve efficiency, safety, and quality of life.
For information on open positions with CH2M Hill, check out our Careers page at careers.ch2m.com/worldwide/en/
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Outsourcing/Offshoring industry
July 2013 – August 2014 (1 year 2 months) Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
Managed the Recruiting function for NSource Administrative Service Center. NSource partners with some of the world’s leading organizations to create customized solutions in back and middle office services that drive corporate success in a strategic and holistic manner.
Lead the Non-Legal recruitment effort for the largest business law firm in the world. NSource is also providing production support for Conflicts, Marketing, and Business Development.
Contract Recruiter/Candidate Development Specialist through Agile1
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Civil Engineering industry
November 2012 – July 2013 (9 months)
CH2M Hill is a Fortune 500 ranked global leader in Engineering Consulting, Program Management, Design, Construction, and Operations for government, civil, industrial, and energy clients. With $6.3 billion in revenue, over 30,000 employees help CH2M Hill deliver innovative, practical, sustainable solutions - helping clients develop and manage infrasturcture and facilities that improve efficiency, safety, and quality of life.
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; sfn; Human Resources industry
May 2012 – November 2012 (7 months) Baton Rouge, Louisiana Area
Performance Materials and Technologies is a global leader in developing and manufacturing advanced materials and process technologies that are used by people every day to reduce emissions, stop bullets, enable the production of green fuels, increase oil refinery capacity, speed drug discovery, and protect medicines.
• Responsible for full cycle recruiting for Performance Materials and Technologies group
• Manage the candidate sourcing and screening process for assigned requisitions
• Provide guidance to candidates and hiring team
• Develop recruiting strategies for difficult to fill positions
• Work closely the the Human Resource Leader to insure positions are filled within agreed metrics
Senior Recruiter through Alexander Mann Solutions
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Aviation & Aerospace industry
August 2011 – May 2012 (10 months) Indianapolis, Indiana Area
Provide Full Life Cycle Recruitment for Supply Chain Engineering, Gas Turbine Services, Civil Aerospace, Optimized Systems and Solutions, Commercial Marine, and Energy business units in the US and Canada.
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; TKAG; Mechanical or Industrial Engineering industry
April 2011 – July 2011 (4 months) Mobile, Alabama Area
Full Life Cycle responsibilities for ThyssenKrupp Stainless USA Melt Shop. Sourced and Recruited Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Process Engineers and Shift Coordinators for Continuous Casting/Slab Grinder, AOD/Ladle Treatment Station, EAF/Raw Materials and Central Maintenance. Developed customized Applicant Tracking spreadsheet/report. Conducted assessment of exempt recruiting process and recommended improvements to increase efficiency and productivity.
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; BDC; Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing industry
January 2011 – April 2011 (4 months) Indianapolis, Indiana
Provide Recruiting and Sourcing support for Belden Manufacturing facilities in the US and Mexico.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
July 2010 – January 2011 (7 months) Carmel, Indiana
Responsible to develop, implement and manage recruitment processes and procedures. Also responsible to manage internal and external sourcing recruiters.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
June 2009 – July 2010 (1 year 2 months) Indianapolis, Indiana
Responsible to design, develop, manage, implement and evaluate staffing processes policies, procedures and business development strategies. Also responsible for identifying and generating new business through outside sales activities such as cold calls, prospecting, telemarketing, territory planning and relationship building.
• Provide direction, training and development to recruiting staff, including employee relations, performance reviews, employee improvement plans, and employee discipline
• Assist in daily recruitment functions including sourcing, screening, interviewing, negotiating and tracking of candidates.
• Report recruiting and sales activity on a weekly basis to Senior Staff and Project Managers
• Measure progress in relation to performance targets and metrics
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Staffing and Recruiting industry
April 2009 – May 2009 (2 months) Indianapolis, Indiana
Source and recruit sales professionals for the Produce industry.
Contract Talent Acquisition Specialist
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; NAV; Transportation/Trucking/Railroad industry
December 2007 – October 2008 (11 months) Indianapolis, Indiana Area
Responsible for Full Life Cycle recruitment and support of facilities and business units in Indianapolis, IN, Waukesha, WI and Melrose Park, IL
• Drove the hiring process for the Indianapolis Engine Plant, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Quality and Reliability and Foundry
• Responsible to direct the activities of a Sourcing Recruiter and a Recruiting Coordinator
• Filled 45 positions in 9 months. Many positions had been open for over a year with little or no activity
Client Facing Recruiter through Spherion
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CSCO; Computer Networking industry
March 2006 – November 2007 (1 year 9 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Managed the Recruitment process for Cisco Systems Customer Commerce IT (CCIT), Quote to Cash (QTC) and Application Foundation Systems (AFS). Managed the daily activities of 1-2 Sourcing Recruiters.
• Results – 30 Engineering and IT positions were filled in 7 months.
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; VOL; Staffing and Recruiting industry
December 2005 – March 2006 (4 months) Indianapolis, Indiana Area
Responsible to recruit Contract Information Systems Professionals for various Chase Bank locations around the US. Lead Recruiter on several Vendor Conference Calls.Negotiated Contractor rates and input candidates into Chase proprietary system
Contract Recruiter through RES
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; K; Consumer Goods industry
May 2005 – December 2005 (8 months) Battle Creek, Michigan
Worked virtually and on-site at the Kellogg Corporate Headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan. Managed the internal and external Staffing process for Kellogg’s Research Quality and Technology group (RQT). This group consists of Product Development Scientists, Nutrition Scientists, Regulatory Scientists, Food Technologists, Process Engineers, Packaging Engineers, and Chemists. Worked virtually and on-site at the Kellogg Corporate Headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan. Also represented Kellogg’s at various conferences and job fairs.
Results - 20+ Scientific and Engineering positions were filled in 6 months.
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; ANLY; Information Technology and Services industry
March 2005 – May 2005 (3 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Worked as a Virtual Recruiter supporting the Raleigh, NC office.
Responsible for Contract and Permanent placement within Pharmaceutical, Telecommunication, Energy, and Insurance companies, as well as State Government. Sourced and recruited candidates in the areas of Information Systems, Engineering and Administrative Support
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; KELYA; Staffing and Recruiting industry
January 2005 – March 2005 (3 months) Greater Chicago Area
Contracted to recruit Food Scientists, Packaging Engineers, and other Laboratory Personnel for Major Food Manufacturer's Research and Development facility. Worked with HR Representatives and Hiring Managers to gain a better understanding of requirements. Sourced candidates from referrals, universities, Internet sites and industry resources.
Contract Recruiter through Adecco
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CVD; Pharmaceuticals industry
May 2004 – January 2005 (9 months) Indianapolis, Indiana Area
Contracted through Adecco to recruit for Covance Central Labs in Indianapolis. This included recruiting Medical Technologists and Lb Assistants in the areas of Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology, and Toxicology. Also responsible to recruit Nurses for Clinical Research positions at locations throughout the US.
• Managed temporary staffing services in the General Lab and Kit Production
• Liaison between temporary staffing vendors and Covance
• Developed Access Database to ensure approved temporary staffing complement was maintained
• Part of the Behavioral Interviewing team, and facilitator of Behavioral based applicant review sessions
Public Company; 51-200 employees; Staffing and Recruiting industry
February 2004 – April 2004 (3 months) Indianapolis, Indiana Area
Contracted to recruit permanent and temporary employees in the areas of Finance, Engineering, and Information Systems.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ADO; Staffing and Recruiting industry
October 2003 – February 2004 (5 months) Columbus, Indiana
Responsible for Permanent and Contract placement in the areas of Finance, Manufacturing, Engineering and Information Systems.
Senior Employment Recuiter
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; AIG; Insurance industry
September 1999 – September 2003 (4 years 1 month) Evansville, Indiana Area
Lead the internal and external Recruitment process for AIG/American General’s Corporate ISS department. AIG American General was utilizing third party recruiters almost exclusively to fill technical positions within the department. I was tasked with gaining the confidence of the hiring managers that we could be as effective in securing technical talent and in the process, reduce our time to fill and cost per hire significantly.
• Results – In 4 years the use of third party recruiters was virtually eliminated, time to fill reduced to less than 60 days, and over 80 positions were filled in Information Systems Development and Support
Dennis Shannon's Skills & Expertise
- Applicant Tracking Systems
- Talent Acquisition
- College Recruiting
- Skilled Labor
- Technical Recruiting
- Permanent Placement
- Program Management
- Human Resources
- Temporary Placement
- Cold Calling
- Process Improvement
- Talent Management
- Business Development
- Employee Relations
- Job Fairs
- Executive Search
- Deferred Compensation
- Screening Resumes
- Staffing Services
- Temporary Staffing
- Internet Recruiting
- Workforce Planning
- Staff Augmentation
- Benefits Negotiation
- New Hire Orientations
- New Business Development
- Contract Recruitment
- Employer Branding
Dennis Shannon's Education
Dennis Shannon's Additional Information
Contact Dennis for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- reference requests
- getting back in touch