Sales Specialists at PeachMac
- Macon, Georgia Area
- Consumer Electronics
Dennis Goshorn's Overview
- Sales Specialists at PeachMac
Dennis Goshorn's Summary
As a seasoned professional in higher education I have had the opportunity to work with a variety of students and professionals.
I am, also a history enthusiast, but there’s more to me than that. While it’s true that I’m usually reading about history I’m passionate about other things as well.
I am also a tech-junkie and I am "living the dream" as a Sales Specialist at PeachMac, the largest Apple Specialist in the nation. My store is in Macon, Georgia.
I think the answer to "Tell us about yourself" can be summed up with the analogy of a three-legged stool—each leg is integral to the stool and each is tied to a quote.
1. Jesus said, "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life." John 5:39, 40—reminds me that I'm just a sinner; I need a Savior; I need grace.
2. “Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the holidays, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are quieter. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.” It’s hard to pin-point exactly when we first noticed the “stray dogs” that came into our lives unannounced and have never left. These former Berry students have become our family, complete with traditions. Three of those 14 are “second generation,” or our adopted grandchildren! This is who I am; I build lasting relationships; deep relationships
3. The third leg in this analogy is this quote from a letter I received a few months ago from a former Head Resident: "Your godly influence and leadership in our lives has traveled well outside of 4 years and a college campus. You cannot know, this side of eternity, the difference you have made" This isn't just a job to me, it's my calling.
Dennis Goshorn's Experience
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Retail industry
April 2014 – Present (6 months) Macon, Georgia
I am new to this role as a sales specialist. I don’t see myself as simply a salesperson. I am a resource for people. Listening is where it all begins—really listening to what the customer wants and needs. This means that I have to know the products so well that as they are describing their needs I have solutions popping into my head.
I think that sales is all about relationships and building trust. That can be difficult when the relationships are short-lived—so I have to exemplify a commitment to excellence in customer service and communication. Customers are going to run the gamut from tech-junkies to novices; I have to relate to all and make all feel comfortable.
—making customers comfortable no matter their level of technical knowledge or expertise
—build pertinent solutions that meet customer needs
—build customer loyalty by explaining to them all the ways PeachMac can support them before, during and after the sale
Educational Institution; 501-1000 employees; Higher Education industry
July 1987 – July 2013 (26 years 1 month)
I have worked in residence life at Berry College in various capacities since 1987. I have been the Director of Residence Life, then Director of Housing and until July 2013, Director of Housing & Associate Director of Residence Life. My duties have changed over the years and most recently were more involved with planning, projections, assignments and information management. I have gained self-taught knowledge in SQL and Information Management systems (specifically Jenzabar EX). I am equally comfortable in a Windows or Mac OS environment. I also have extensive experience using VMWare Fusion, running Windows virtually on my Macintosh.
Residence Hall Director
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
July 1983 – June 1987 (4 years) Cortland, New York
Coalition for Christian Outreach
February 1980 – June 1983 (3 years 5 months) Indiana, Pennsylvania
As a member of a campus ministry team, I worked as a Head Resident of an off-campus residence hall. I also participated in various ministries to the students of Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I developed the position of Head Resident Supervisor, taking on the supervision of two other Head Residents of off-campus residence halls.
Dennis Goshorn's Honors and Awards
John R. Bertrand Superior Work SupervisorBerry College
- April 2006
Awarded annually to the faculty or staff member in recognition of their supervisory expertise with students.
Dennis Goshorn's Courses
- Achieving Success With Difficult People
- Bethel Bible Series Instructor Course
Dennis Goshorn's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Dennis Goshorn's Skills & Expertise
- Higher Education
- Public Speaking
- Microsoft Office
- Event Planning
- Student Development
- Residence Life
- Team Building
- Student Affairs
- Community Outreach
- Program Development
- Leadership Development
- Time Management
- Volunteer Management
- Staff Development
- Resume Writing
- Conflict Resolution
- Career Counseling
- Student Counseling
- Critical Thinking
- Grant Writing
- Workshop Facilitation
- Curriculum Development
- Customer Service
- Academic Advising
- Data Analysis
- Career Development
- Event Management
- Organizational Development
- Academic Writing
- Student Conduct
- Conflict Management
Dennis Goshorn's Education
Dennis Goshorn's Additional Information
I am a history enthusiast; particularly U.S. presidential history and the Civil War. I love to help people develop, college students in particular. Leadership and how it develops in college students is also a passion; servant leadership in particular. I love books on those topics as well as classic mysteries. I enjoy seeing a good movie and then exploring what book it was based on—I'm not one to be hyper-critical of differences in the book and the movie. I try and treat them as separate entities and usually like to see the movie and then read the book. I enjoy all sorts of music, but mostly listen to classical or movie soundtracks when I'm working. A bicyclist all my life I have recently re-discovered the joys of a good road bike and participate in organized rides whenever I can.
Contact Dennis for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Dennis Goshorn’s full profile to...
- See who you and Dennis Goshorn know in common
- Get introduced to Dennis Goshorn
- Contact Dennis Goshorn directly