Director of Quality Engineering
Director of Quality Engineering at Business Insider, Director at ReLitNY
|Recommendations||27 people have recommended Dave|
Join LinkedIn & access Dave's full profile
Director of Quality Engineering
David Boudreau is a results-oriented Director of QA and a motivational team leader with proven success in managing multi-million dollar project rollouts. His background includes architecting and delivering mission-critical, industry-leading QA solutions for clients in the entertainment, consumer product, educational, and health services fields. He is a strategic thinker who maximizes business value and minimizes costs through the delivery of high quality, innovative, and reliable QA solutions. He is a strong communicator who expertly builds and directs small-to-medium sized QA teams while interfacing directly with executive stakeholders.
He serves on the board of directors of ReLitNY, a non-profit organization that focuses on increasing literacy in neighborhoods of New York City that are underserved by their local public libraries or have suffered a recent library closure. He is involved in several other non-profit organizations including the Boston Museum of Science, Bikes Not Bombs, and the Gowanus Canal Conservancy.
• Built and lead a ridiculously talented 5-person QA team that tested and maintained the services that power one of the fastest growing and most respected news websites. Business Insider delivers over 280 million pageviews each month to an audience of over 60 million unique global visitors.
• Helped transition the engineering team from a completely manual deployment process to a largely automated deployment process. This was accomplished by leveraging CI/CD technologies such as Puppet, Jenkins, and Capistrano, with an emphasis on transparency, accountability, and reporting.
• Organized and developed an automated functional test (AFT) suite that is able to validate software at all application layers (UI, APIs, and mobile). The AFTs are scripted in Python and are executed through Sauce Labs (a cloud-based Selenium testing infrastructure).
• RelitNY has been featured in The New Yorker, Huffington Post, Gothamist, the Skint, NonsenseNYC, and Times Out New York.
• Provided leadership, focus, and direction to the QA team. This included close collaboration with other leaders in the engineering, UX, strategy, and product disciplines.
• Developed innovative solutions for large scale automated testing strategies, quality assurance, data analysis, and systems monitoring.
• Heavily engaged in every aspect of the SDLC including project management, release engineering, task delegation, team coordination, and production monitoring.
• Performed complex functional, regression, and performance tests on desktop and mobile websites and native iPhone, iPad, and Android apps.
• Managed a team of 2 QA Analysts and an Engineering intern in ensuring the highest quality in all client deliverables.
• Performed functional, regression, accessibility, penetration, SEO, and performance testing on complex, interactive websites and mobile applications.
• Created and executed automated test scripts using Selenium Webdriver for multiple software builds within scheduled releases. Test approaches included white-box/black-box, positive/negative, client/server, and data validation testing.
• Developed project-specific QA documentation including test plans, user cases, and functional specifications to ensure full coverage of all client requirements.
• Tracked all defect and change requests through to successful resolutions using Jira and Mantis.
• Actively managed a portfolio of 85 commercial clients that conducted over $155 million annually in cross-border, foreign currency, business-to-business payments.
• Monitored, analyzed, and interpreted the economic, financial, political, and technical factors that drive the movements of over 20 currencies. Explained these market fluctuations to clients and custom-tailored solutions to fit client’s foreign payment needs.
• Achieved 108% of annual revenue targets on a portfolio that was already viewed as mature and exceeded all volume, retention, and client satisfaction goals. Ranked in the top 10% of all North American relationship managers.
• Collaborated with lab managers, researchers, and faculty to identify and implement laboratory best practices that optimize resource efficiency without sacrificing research quality.
• Coordinated lab outreach and communication programs including researching opportunities for new resource conservation initiatives and developing strategies that engage the lab community in environmentally conscious behaviors through regular social behavioral campaigns.
• Administered the "Shut the Sash" program, which achieved annual savings of approximately $130,000 through a 30% reduction in the amount of CFM flowing through the fume hoods in a dozen Harvard Laboratories, based on a price per CFM (integrated over the course of the year 2009) of $6.60.
• Performed cross-browser, cross-platform QA testing on the Museum of Science website and several subsites including Firefly Watch, winner of the 2008 MITX award in the education and learning category.
• Principal duties included functional, performance, and stress testing of the websites, writing and maintaining test plans, and bug/enhancement tracking and reporting.
* As a certified NYC Citizen Pruner, I lead small teams of 3-4 volunteers on mapping expeditions to document the species, condition, lot size, and location of every tree pit of the Gowanus Canal watershed's urban forest, encompassing a 78 block project area.
* This data was then compiled into a street tree map database and dissemenated to the NYSDEC, DPR, and the general public.
for work on DuJour while Lead QA Engineer at Code and Theory.
for work on The Verge while Lead QA Engineer at Code and Theory.
Associate Broker at Hunt Real Estate ERA Scottsdale
Phoenix, Arizona Area
Sr. Technical Project Manager – BVoIP New Technology Delivery at AT&T Network Planning and Engineering
Columbus, Ohio Area
Regional Sales Manager Atlantic Provinces/New England States at Alumicor Limited
New Brunswick, Canada
Greater Los Angeles Area
Regional Director at The 3 Brewers / Les 3 Brasseurs
Toronto, Canada Area
DevOps Engineer at Business Insider
Senior Systems Engineer at Business Insider
Sr. QA Engineer at Business Insider
CTO at The Business Insider
Product Manager at Business Insider
Product Manager at CrowdSurge
Director, Design & Front-end Development at Business Insider
Software Engineer at Airtime