Scriptwriter at Ubisoft Montreal
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Montreal, Canada Area)
- Computer Software
Darby McDevitt's Overview
- Lead Scriptwriter at Ubisoft Montreal
- Freelance Writer and Editor at Self-Employed
- Writer / Game Designer at Foundation 9 Entertainment
- Writer / Game Designer at Griptonite Games
- Level Designer / Producer at Knowwonder
- Community Sys-Op at Humongous Entertainment
Darby McDevitt's Summary
Shipped twenty-some video game titles in 10 years as a writer, designer and/or producer on numerous platforms for Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Warner Brothers, and Disney, among others.
Musician with the bands Sneaky Thieves and Autographic. Four officially released albums to date.
Director, editor and producer of short films, music videos, and commercial promotional material, most notably a documentary featurette for acclaimed Canadian filmmaker, Guy Maddin; released through Zeitgeist Films.
Author and co-editor of three works of prose fiction—Adventure!, Volume Void, and The Distillery—and various pieces of short fiction published in national literary journals and anthologies.
Accomplished sound designer for numerous festival-circuit short films and professional theatrical productions.
Specialties: Writing, Editing, Film Directing and Editing, Game Design, Audio Mixing, Music Composition.
Darby McDevitt's Experience
January 2011 – Present (3 years 10 months)
As Lead Writer...
* Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag (Video Game - PS4, PS3, XBox, Wii U, PC)
* Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Video Game - PS3, XBox, PC)
* Assassin's Creed: Embers (Short Film)
As a consultant or supplementary writer...
* Assassin's Creed: Encyclopedia (Vol. 1 and Vol. 2)
* Assassin's Creed: Forsaken (Novel)
* Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Novel)
* Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade (Novel)
* Assassin's Creed: Recollection (iOS)
Writer / Game Designer
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Computer Games industry
November 2006 – September 2010 (3 years 11 months)
* Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (Sony PSP - 2009) Wrote dialogue; co-scripted cinematics.
* Assassin's Creed 2: Discovery (Nintendo DS, iPhone - 2009) Wrote story and dialogue; contributed to design.
* Where the Wild Things Are (Xbox 36o, PS3, Wii - 2009) Wrote story; high concept design; co-scripted cinematics.
* Women's Murder Club: Games of Passion (Nintendo DS - 2009) Wrote interactive DSi stories; additional writing.
* Undisclosed Original IP (Nintendo Wii - 2007) Story concepts and level design.
* Cranium (CANCELED - Xbox 360 - 2007) Design and content writing.
Writer / Game Designer
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Games industry
September 2003 – March 2006 (2 years 7 months)
* Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest (Nintendo DS - 2006) Additional dialogue.
* Ice Age 2 (Nintendo GBA - 2006) Wrote game dialogue.
* The Sims 2 (Nintendo DS - 2005) Co-wrote story; wrote game dialogue; high-concept design; co-designed music mini-game.
* The Sims 2 (Nintendo GBA - 2005) Co-wrote story; wrote game dialogue; contributed to design.
* The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Nintendo GBA 2005) Wrote game story and dialogue.
* The Urbz: Sims in the City (Nintendo DS and GBA - 2004) Co-wrote story; wrote game dialogue; contributed to design.
* Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (Nintendo GBA - 2004) Wrote game story and dialogue.
* The Sims: Bustin' Out (NintendoS GBA - 2003) Co-wrote story; wrote game dialogue.
Level Designer / Producer
September 2000 – July 2002 (1 year 11 months)
* Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Nintendo GBA - 2002) Level Design; wrote game script.
* Cubix (UNRELEASED - Nintento DS - 2002) Contributed to design.
* Cluefinders: The Incredible Toy Store Adventure (PC and Mac - 2001) Producer; wrote dialogue.
* Untitled NASCAR Kids Game (CANCELED - 2001) Assistant Producer.
Public Company; 201-500 employees; Computer Games industry
June 1999 – September 2000 (1 year 4 months)
•Backyard Baseball 2001 (PC and Mac - 2000) Wrote online content; online community moderator.
•Backyard Football (PC and Mac - 1999) Wrote online content; online community moderator.
Darby McDevitt's Projects
Darby McDevitt's Skills & Expertise
- Game Design
- Video Games
- Creative Writer
- Xbox 360
- Game Development
- Level Design
Darby McDevitt's Education
Darby McDevitt's Additional Information
Contact Darby for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Darby McDevitt’s full profile to...
- See who you and Darby McDevitt know in common
- Get introduced to Darby McDevitt
- Contact Darby McDevitt directly