Business Intelligence Consultant at BlueGranite
- Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area
- Information Technology and Services
Cory Stevenson's Overview
- Business Intelligence Consultant at BlueGranite
- Conversion & ETL Engineer at Hyland Software
- EDI Consultant at 1 EDI Source, Inc.
- Systems Integrator/ Owner at APS Integrations
- Contractor at E & Y
- Office Manager at WRCM, LLC
- Independant Consultant at Independant Consultant
- Bookkeeper/ Executive Assistant at Air Duct Cleaning
- Product Manager/ Success Talk Manager at Success Events International
Cory Stevenson's Summary
Implementation and integration of data management systems.
Specialties: MS SQL Server 2005/ 2008/ 2008 R2/ 2012/ 2014
ETL with SQL Server Integrations Services (SSIS),
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),
Analysis Services (SSAS),
Cory Stevenson's Experience
Business Intelligence Consultant
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
August 2013 – Present (1 year 2 months) Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area
Conversion & ETL Engineer
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Computer Software industry
March 2011 – July 2013 (2 years 5 months) Westlake, Ohio
- Design and implement SQL Server maintenance plans to back-up & re-index databases on instances of SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Write T-SQL scripts and stored procedures for various conversion, maintenance, and reporting tasks; including, database creation, system optimization, and troubleshooting operations.
- Develop C# custom scripts within SSIS
- Architect databases for hosting data warehouses and conversion systems.
- Create SSIS packages for loading metadata into data warehouses for reporting and metadata conversions.
- Reverse engineer customer databases on SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, and Non-Stop SQL platforms for conversion to the OnBase Software SQL Server or Oracle platform.
- Maintain the team’s five VMWare ESXi environments.
- Spoke at Hyland’s annual OTTC conference on Conversion Project Methodology.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Software industry
February 2009 – February 2011 (2 years 1 month) Solon, OH
- Oversaw SQL Server 2005 database operations for outsourcing clients by reviewing, documenting, and implementing schema changes, refreshing databases and simulating “go-live” situations.
- Problem solved clients’ ETL mapping, reporting, and integrations requests.
- Monitored scheduled jobs, report any errors to appropriate teammates and/or clients as needed, troubleshoot and restart system after scheduled job failure or partial completion.
- Analyzed clients’ data staging environments for improvements and tune system as needed to insure optimum performance and data quality.
- Migrated staging table databases from SQL Server 2005 test instances to SQL Server 2008 production instances.
Systems Integrator/ Owner
October 2007 – March 2009 (1 year 6 months)
- Defined and implemented automated performance, maintenance, and backup plans for SQL Server.
- Wrote complex queries for a reporting program for Stark Area Regional Transit Authority that tracks customer policy violations.
- Established infrastructure and network for orthodontic manufacturer, configuration included: Terminal Services, Thin Clients, Remote Access, and SQL/ QuickBooks integration via 3rd party software.
- Identify and recommend hardware and software in order to meet business requirements.
- Wrote custom reports and dashboards for customer profitability and cost analysis.
- Maintained continuous communication with customers during planning, installation, training, and closing phases of each project.
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Accounting industry
October 2008 – November 2008 (2 months)
Rewrote Queries from VQL to UQL for new search system.
Tested portals and customer website upgrades
August 2004 – November 2007 (3 years 4 months)
- Designed & Set-up QuickBooks accounting system.
- Implemented project management software to assist in managing, estimating, ordering, scheduling, and document management for Badger Brothers.
- Managed finances and cash flow for high end custom design and construction firm. Average monthly cash flow of $250,000.
- Set-up Project Management software.
- Created Vendor Handbook with terms, conditions and jobsite policies.
- Assisted Customers and Banks with invoice inquiries.
- Reconciled and audited sub-contractors’ and vendors’ invoices for accuracy.
- Supervised network and communication systems to insure smooth operation.
March 2002 – September 2006 (4 years 7 months)
- Set-up and managed promotional events and displays for multiple Fortune 500 companies including: Coke, Dodge, Jeep, Mercedes-Benz, Cingular, ABC Family, American Express and various other clients.
- Managed onsite staff, consumer activities and displays in order to exceed client expectations.
- Coordinated logistics for staffing, displays, product sampling and promotional items.
- Trained staff on onsite products and interactive consumer activities at events.
- Recapped events and consumer interactions with onsite products through agency reports.
- Worked at Starbucks during interim times to network and raise capital.
Bookkeeper/ Executive Assistant
Air Duct Cleaning
October 2001 – October 2003 (2 years 1 month)
- Kept track the company’s finances with QuickBooks to inform management of cash flow, current accounts payable, and open accounts receivable.
- Contributed to sales and scheduling while sales staff was assisting other customers or unavailable.
- Supervised field projects to maintain efficiency, completeness, and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinated tradeshow logistics for staffing, stock, and booth set-up and design.
- Reviewed project contracts to insure comprehensiveness and vendor compliance with governing regulations.
Product Manager/ Success Talk Manager
Success Events International
June 2001 – September 2001 (4 months)
- Managed the shows’ product sales, trends, and logistics.
- Trained, organized, and managed 20 - 60 contractors, staff, and volunteers on product knowledge, sales techniques and sales processes at each show.
- Assisted in set-up, tear down, and event management.
- Coordinated speaker needs and products while on tour in the US.
Success Talk Manager (Producer)
- Produced the company’s monthly national audio magazine “Success Talk” with a subscription base of approximately 15,000.
- Managing Editor and Producer for each edition’s article writing, talent, contents, and production.
- Supervised the customer service staff to insure customer satisfaction.
- Developed a team to re-design and update the magazine packaging and marketing.
Cory Stevenson's Certifications
MCSA: SQL Server 2012
- May 2014
Cory Stevenson's Skills & Expertise
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Database Design
- Data Warehousing
- Database Administration
- Software Documentation
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft BI Suite
- Performance Tuning
- Business Intelligence
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Analysis Services
Cory Stevenson's Education
Cory Stevenson's Additional Information
Contact Cory for:
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch