Global Director, Loyalty Marketing at Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- Las Vegas, Nevada (Las Vegas, Nevada Area)
- Gambling & Casinos
Charles Taylor's Overview
- Global Director, Loyalty Marketing at Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- VP Marketing & Business Development at Affinity Circles
- Career Development Officer at Harvard Business School Association of Northern California
- Director of Product Marketing at Yahoo!
- Product Director, Specialized Insurance Division at Progressive Insurance
- Consultant at Bain & Company
- Consultant at Strategic Decisions Group
Charles Taylor's Summary
Experienced executive focused on technology-enabled consumer services. Have successfully managed enterprises ranging from pre-revenue Internet startups to $7 billion PPC risk portfolios. Strong track record of growing P&Ls, recruiting/developing talent, and delivering returns to investors.
Monetization and commercialization
Member of TopLinked.com
Charles Taylor's Experience
Global Director, Loyalty Marketing
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; LVS; Hospitality industry
September 2014 – Present (1 month) las vegas, nevada area
Develop and implement world class loyalty marketing programs at the Las Vegas Sands casino resorts in Las Vegas, Singapore and Macau.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; LINTA; Retail industry
January 2013 – January 2014 (1 year 1 month) San Mateo, CA
Manage QVC's online classifieds business. Responsible for all revenue-generating activities including channel sales and account management, ad operations, product marketing and business development.
Chief Revenue Officer
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Internet industry
July 2011 – December 2012 (1 year 6 months) san mateo, ca
SUCCESSFULLY CLOSED ACQUISITION OF COMPANY TO QVC IN DECEMBER 2012.
Ran "Marketplace", the largest commerce app on Facebook. 70M registered users, 15M monthly uniques and 10,000 commercial accounts. Company backed by Greylock and Redpoint Ventures.
Responsible for all revenue-generating activities including sales, account management, product and channel marketing and business development. Lead team of 10 full-time employees generating $20M in annual revenue.
- Developed new social ad product to help local service businesses incentivize their customers to refer their friends, neighbors and co-workers in exchange for loyalty rewards.
- Negotiated exclusive, multi-year channel sales agreements with category leaders ForRent.com and AutoTrader.com to resell our social advertising product in apartment and automotive verticals.
- Negotiated strategic partnerships with AT&T, SuperMedia and Yellow Pages Group to create the largest social directory for local service business in US and Canada.
- Launched and managed all display media, search advertising, lead gen and retargeting data programs on oodle.com. Optimized landing page layouts and ad unit designs through extensive a/b testing. Negotiated and managed all direct ad campaigns and agency partnerships.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Internet industry
September 2008 – July 2011 (2 years 11 months) Palo Alto, CA
SUCCESSFULLY CLOSED ACQUISITION OF COMPANY to Universum Group (Sweden), May 2011.
Doostang is the premier elite talent network for young business professional interested in boutique finance. $10M revenue / 15 employees.
Promoted by Board of Directors to CEO after 6 weeks to save the company. Reversed $300K negative monthly cash flows in 90 days and achieved operating profitability. Met with creditors weekly to keep company out of bankruptcy. Raised equity financing and guided company to liquidity within 20 months. Turnaround called a "miracle" by board Member Mark Leslie, CEO Veritas
- Launched industry-first collaborative platform in career space that gamified premium job content acquisition by community members.
- Boosted customer LTV by 67% with email/sms-based loyalty programs that effectively persuaded active job seekers to extend their paid subscriptions to maintain access to premium product features and qualify for cash rebates. Program was promoted nationally as "the only career site that pays you to get a job."
- Launched industry-first social application on Facebook that monetized premium job content with a virtual currency utilizing real-time dynamic pricing. Created the category of social recruiting on Facebook.
VP Marketing & Business Development
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Internet industry
September 2006 – August 2008 (2 years) Mountain View, CA
Affinity Circles is the leading provider of private, branded communities for university alumni and professional associations. Hosted 150+ communities with 15M+ members worldwide.
ADVISED INVESTORS ON SUCCESSFUL ACQUISITION BY CLIMBER.COM IN JUNE, 2011.
As Vice President, Marketing & Business Development, I developed and managed all strategic partnerships, demand generation programs and PR. Directed product marketing, brand marketing, field marketing, and direct marketing initiatives.
- LAUNCHED INCIRCLE RECRUITING, a cutting edge social recruiting product that enabled employers like Google, Merrill Lynch, and Oracle to build proprietary talent pools of verified alumni of 150+ universities like Stanford and Dartmouth and professional organizations like Golden Key Honor Society.
- Published white paper “WINNING THE WAR FOR TALENT” on rise of social recruiting. Spoke at recruitment industry conferences and quoted as an expert in social recruiting by Fortune, Business Week, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal.
- Significantly expanded product distribution by implementing joint marketing programs with leading recruitment advertising agencies such as Bernard Hodes and TMP (Monster).
- Negotiated strategic partnership with CBS to host all NCAA sports fan networks on our platform. Launched the first ever fan network for a NBA team (Portland Trailblazers)
Career Development Officer
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
October 2006 – February 2008 (1 year 5 months)
Conceive, develop and execute career development programs for Harvard Business School alumni living in Northern California.
Director of Product Marketing
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; YHOO; Internet industry
April 2005 – September 2006 (1 year 6 months) sunnyvale, ca
Built Product Marketing function for Yahoo's recruitment property HotJobs, sitting between product, engineering and sales. Managed $125M P&L. Hired and led team of ten PMs focused on evaluating, negotiating and managing all new consumer features and revenue-generating product partnerships across the Yahoo! network.
- Launched PATENTED SEARCH TECHNOLOGY that established HotJobs as industry’s first and only major job board to display both paid and free job content in search results, with several million listings. This had a significant impact on the recruitment advertising market.
- Boosted job applies per user by 20%+ through job recommendation engine, increasing return on investment for advertising employers.
- Generated 15% increase in traffic from other Yahoo! Properties through product integrations with Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! Finance, and Yahoo! 360.
Product Director, Specialized Insurance Division
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; PGR; Insurance industry
October 2001 – April 2005 (3 years 7 months) cleveland/akron, ohio area
Managed Progressive's nationwide recreational marine insurance program, sold over the web and through 1,800 telesales reps and 30,000 independent agents. Managed $165M P&L and $7B+ in assets. Responsible for policy coverages, pricing, underwriting, regulatory filings, and marketing.
- Elevated company from nation’s 7th to 3rd largest marine insurer and #1 insurer of jet skis, hitting 100%+ growth in premiums and reaching $7.5B+ in assets insured while reducing combined ratio by 15-points during a 36-month long national economic recession.
** BECAME FIRST PPC INSURER TO UNDERWRITE AND BIND MARINE INSURANCE COVERAGE THROUGH THE INTERNET. This effectively eliminated 12% agent sales commissions. Website won the Gomez award in the insurance category.
- Reduced post-sale underwriting cancellations by 50% by developing industry's first database of 20,000 unique boat models to verify underwriting parameters.
- Increased average annual policy premium by 15% by introducing new policy coverages targeting recreational fisherman.
- Positioned company as leading recreational fishing/boating insurer by establishing celebrity endorsements and marketing partnerships including sponsor of ESPN Bass Masters tournament fishing series.
- Promoted to manage Progressive's auto insurance business in 4 states: NV, WY, CO, AZ.
- Led industry consortium against proposed regulations intended to limit the use of "financial responsibility" in underwriting. Personally testified before state legislatures representing Property & Casualty industry, and SUCCESSFULLY DEFEATED PROPOSED REGULATORY CHANGES.
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Management Consulting industry
July 1999 – October 2001 (2 years 4 months) Greater Boston Area
Provided strategic counsel to senior executives in the automotive, utilities, telecommunications, financial services, and healthcare industries. LED GLOBAL RECRUITING EFFORTS AT HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL.
- Accelerated Ford Motor Company's product development process by 18 months to launch new SUV targeting Gen-Y consumers with improved marketability and cost structure.
- Turned around Connectiv, a regional telecom experiencing $1M quarterly loss by achieving 67% increase in new order fulfillment capacity.
- Identified potential M&A targets for Blue Cross Blue Shield and developed post-merger branding strategy.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Management Consulting industry
July 1997 – December 1997 (6 months) The Hague Area, Netherlands
Developed stochastic financial model for global energy company seeking to optimize Net Present Value of $10 billion natural gas storage joint venture in northern Europe.
Charles Taylor's Test Scores
- Score: 740
Charles Taylor's Skills & Expertise
- Product Marketing
- Corporate Development
- Digital Media
- Social Networking
- Web 2.0
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Development
- Organizational Development
- Strategic Planning
- Direct Marketing
- Management Consulting
Charles Taylor's Education
MBA, General Management
1997 – 1999
Activities and Societies: Focus on General Management, Marketing and Strategic Planning.
MEng, Operations Research and Industrial Engineering
1991 – 1992
Activities and Societies: Received Academic Scholarship. Taught senior-level computer simulation design course. Published thesis on reducing retail supply chain inventory through improved demand forecasting.
BS, Operations Research and Industrial Engineering
1987 – 1991
Activities and Societies: Member of water polo team. Managed five-venue, $100K university athletic concessions operation.
Charles Taylor's Additional Information
Management consulting, career development workshops, career coaching, advising new ventures, new media technology, social media, social networking, marathon running (PBT 3:29), mountain biking, skiing, swimming, tennis, squash, golf, international travel. Volunteer youth sports coach (soccer).
- Groups and Associations:
Cornell Entrepreneur Network on Northern California, Harvard Business School Alumni Association of Northern California, Harvard Business School
- Honors and Awards:
Magna Cum Laude, Cornell, 1992
Contact Charles for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch