Leader, Trainer, Creative Solution Maker
- Dallas/Fort Worth Area
- Oil & Energy
Christin Upshaw's Overview
- VP Training & Marketing at Diesel Fuelmasters
Christin Upshaw's Summary
My experiences as a trainer range from outside consultant to private instructor to college professor. I enjoy incorporating my love of design into training. I welcome diverse workloads, enjoy energetic team environments in creative atmospheres, and have a tenacious work ethic.
Christin Upshaw's Experience
VP Training & Marketing
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Environmental Services industry
May 2013 – Present (1 year 5 months) Texas & Louisiana
VP New Business & Product Development
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Management Consulting industry
February 2011 – May 2013 (2 years 4 months) Austin, TX
• Developer of integrated online marketing campaign and social media strategies
• Project manager and designer for all company web content including websites, blogs, social media sites, and monthly newsletters
• Develop new design and revise old design for all speech documents, presentations, workbooks, and client materials
• Assist with the facilitation of workshops for clients including New Employee Orientation Redesign and Train the Trainer programs
Course Director of Leadership & Organizational Behavior
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
September 2008 – February 2011 (2 years 6 months) Orlando, FL
• Developed content relating to leadership skills and facets of organizational behavior for students in the Entertainment Business and Music Business Bachelors programs.
• Teaching experience in both on-campus (4-hour segments each, 12-75 students) and online classrooms.
• Facilitated various learning styles with interactive lectures, group discussions, in-class projects, web 2.0 capabilities, presentations, special guests, videos, and podcasts.
• Designed creative, meaningful slide presentations that directed movement of topics and reinforced content.
• Taught students to be aware of and think differently about leadership styles, interpersonal skills, and effectiveness in group situations.
• Developed and taught several new workshops to Full Sail faculty, staff, and students on leadership, slide design, knitting, and utilization of web tools in the classroom.
• Faculty sponsor for the Entertainment Networking Society, mentored students on presentation and slide design for final project, and participated in the Behind the Scenes Tour, graduations, and other Full Sail events.
Design and Development Specialist
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Management Consulting industry
July 2007 – June 2008 (1 year) Orlando, FL
• Designed training programs customized for each client, including new employee orientation, training classes, workshops, and conference presentations.
• Worked with clients throughout all phases of development and design of program - from proposal, initial design, and presentation of first draft to revisions with client's participation, implementation of program, train-the-trainer programs, and seamless hand-off to the client's training staff.
• Designed, maintained, and contributed to corporate website including creation and maintenance of web pages, company blog, and online forms.
• Created online and print marketing materials and assisted in development of integrated corporate marketing strategy.
Graduate Research Assistant
Educational Institution; 10,001+ employees; Higher Education industry
May 2006 – July 2007 (1 year 3 months) Orlando, FL
• Participated in a variety of research and analysis projects funded by the DoD.
• Organized and participated in workshops.
• Collected and analyzed data for several research projects.
• Co-authored several publications and presentations.
Graphics Designer and Marketing Assistant
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Real Estate industry
2005 – 2006 (1 year) Orlando, FL
• Designed personalized marketing materials for Real Estate Agents.
• Assisted in the development and maintenance of company website.
• Developed new procedures for distributing information to Realtors.
Christin Upshaw's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Christin Upshaw's Skills & Expertise
- Presentation Design
- Teacher Training
- Higher Education
- Leadership Development
- Instructional Design
- Faculty Development
- Training Delivery
- Organizational Behavior
- Team Leadership
- Organizational Culture
- Public Speaking
- Problem Solving
- Presentation Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office
- OS X
- Staff Development
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Program Management
- Social Networking
Christin Upshaw's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Wizard WorldOctober 2012 – present (2 years)
Event photographer for Wizard World Austin, October 26-28
MegaConventionFebruary 2006 – March 2011 (5 years 2 months)
I volunteered at the Orlando's MegaCon each year from 2006-2011. I assisted the volunteer coordinators and was often in charge of meeting the needs high-profile guests. I also helped to coordinate the actions of other volunteers, met the needs and requests of guests, and prevented difficult situations from becoming more problematic.
My favorite experience was serving as personal guide to Stan Lee and his team in 2011.
Christin Upshaw's Projects
The New Slide Revolution | Workshop
- 2010 to 2010
Along with a colleague, I developed and delivered a workshop designed to help students, faculty, and staff develop impacting, engaging, and effective slideshow presentations. The purpose of the workshop is to develop a “think like a designer” approach to planning and designing visual aids, with the focus on the visual aid functioning as an enhancement to the speaker and not a detriment.
Christin Upshaw's Education
Christin Upshaw's Additional Information
Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Teams, Groups, Motivation, Organizational Development, Customer Service, Training, Website Design, Customer & Employee Loyalty, Learning and Development, Adult Learning, Social Psychology, Marketing, Graphic Design, Teaching, Slide Design
- Groups and Associations:
Contact Christin for:
- consulting offers
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- getting back in touch
View Christin Upshaw’s full profile to...
- See who you and Christin Upshaw know in common
- Get introduced to Christin Upshaw
- Contact Christin Upshaw directly