Entrepreneur | Networks and Community Builder | CMO of Mi6 Agency | Co-founder of Tech Community Silicon Halton |
- Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Marketing and Advertising
|Recommendations||28 people have recommended Chris|
Join LinkedIn and access Chris's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Chris directly
NOTE: When requesting to connect with me on LinkedIn please indicate that we've met and/or the reason why you'd like to connect. Otherwise I won't likely accept your connection request.
What I do for you: I create networks, communities and markets that create and grow relationships, reputations and revenue. I can help you create connections and build relationships that will help you and your business grow.
Feel free to connect with me on Linkedin if we've met, know each other and/or worked together and see that there is mutual value in being directly connected on Linkedin.
Specialties: Community development, thought leadership development, networking and business networks, generating word of mouth/mouse, content development, planning and production, web systems for communications, engagement and community building.
- Social Media Marketing
- Event Marketing
- Direct Sales
- Organic Search
- Online Communities
- Direct Marketing
- Community Sites
- Thought Leadership
- Content Development
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Networking
- Business Development
- Integrated Marketing
- New Business Development
- Marketing Management
- Social Media
- Lead Generation
- Online Marketing
- Event Management
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Strategy
- Event Planning
- Marketing Communications
- Product Marketing
- Business Planning
- Cross-functional Team...
- Sales Process
- Product Management
- Product Development
- Market Planning
- Strategic Partnerships
- Online Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Demand Generation
- B2B Marketing
- Multi-channel Marketing
- See 35+ See less
A B2B Marketing and Business Development Agency. Mi6 creates relationships & communities that build reputations & generate revenue. We are fully dedicated to serving the technology industry..... we love tech!
Silicon Halton is a group dedicated to connecting people and companies in hi-tech together through networking experiences. The short term goal is to build a strong and engaged community of Hi-tech companies AND professionals in Halton Region. I founded this grassroots groundswell movement with Rick Stomphorst and Reema Duggal.
Haltech is an organization supporting entrepreneurship and technology innovation in Halton Region. It is a Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) that is part of the government-funded Ontario Network of Excellence initiative.
The 360 Virtual Advisory Board provides RIC Centre clients with the opportunity to gain advice on their business model and go-to market strategy from a diverse group of industry experts.
The Advisory Board is comprised of volunteers with expertise in software, hardware, market and channel distribution.
Brought ProductCamp to Toronto with an amazing team!
The ProductCamp Story (2008-2010)
The first ProductCamp Toronto took place on Nov 2nd, 2008 at Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University. This event attracted about 100 participants. Sponsors included: Ryma Technology Solutions, IDC, Freshbooks, Ted Rogers School of Management, University, Genuit, Pragmatic Marketing, SevenL Networks, Red Canary, Riverdale Partners, Toronto Product Management Association.
Second ProductCamp Toronto was October 4th, 2009 at Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University. Over 100 product management professionals attended. Sponsors included: Pragmatic Marketing, Ryma Technology Solutions, The Information Technology Management Students Association at Ryerson, AutoShare, Eigenworks, EntreBahn, Helix, Riverdale Partners, Toronto Product Management Association, Atelia Management, Enthiosys, Greenscroll, mi6, OnlineProductManagement.net, Pivotal Product Management, Quantum Whisper, Sequent Learning, Seven L Networks and Zigzag Marketing.
Third ProductCamp Toronto held May 30, 2010. I'm a huge supporter, sponsor and available to the amazing organizing team as an advisor.
Fourth ProductCamp Toronto: July 23, 2011.
Update: Unis Lumin was acquired by Softchoice in 2011
- Key member of leadership team that doubled revenue over two year period
- Implemented B2B business development program that achieved a 25:1 return on investment and generated $3M plus in bookings and $4M in pipeline in less then two years from implementation
- Applied marketing framework and unique "4 R's" of marketing to generate revenue and build company brand based on reputation and references
- Led joint promotional ventures with Cisco and Microsoft
- Integrated social media/web 2.0 into traditional marketing tactics
- Implemented various integrated marketing promotions packages consisting of radio advertising, telemarketing, social media and special events.
Led a virtual team and reached the finals of this global innovation contest. Developed business and product line concept for Consumer Market. Over 1100 ideas were submitted during this contest. Our idea made it through each due diligence phase and was picked as one of the 12 finalists by Cisco's Emerging Technologies Group.
Update: Unis Lumin was acquired by Softchoice in 2011
- Started and led inside sales team that generated $2.7M in net new revenue over 18 month period.
- Developed marcom package and initiated first ever special events and demand generation campaigns for the company
- Created formal reference program and process resulting in high profile case studies being published and promoted on Cisco.com.
Update: Unis Lumin was acquired by Softchoice in 2011
Responsible for new business development from net new accounts. Booked over $871K in revenue.
- Increased online registrations from 15% to 40% of gross sales through re-design of eCommerce site
- Led development team in the enhancement of extranet to allow real time access to critical camp information. Reduced cost and complexity by moving paper documentation and information online.
- Led development team in the architecture, design and implementation of ACE virtual camp, an elearning and collaborative system for camp participants
- Participated in Agency of Record selection process with CMO and Director of Marketing, Camps
- Established workflow process for the ongoing content management of web site portfolio
- Conducted market and competitive research
- Introduced the concept of one to one marketing to association in order to strengthen relationship with key stakeholders
- Re-branded the association to make it more current and appealing to consumer channel and strengthen relationship with clubs
- Launched individual membership program as a new source of income in order to increase revenue and reduce reliance on Government funding
- Member of Board of Directors
- Contributed to the development of business model, marketing plan and budget
- Participated in fundraising and pre-IPO related activities
- Led team of web/graphic designers, developers and marketing managers
- Co-led cross functional teams for client and product development projects
- Launched with VP of Technologies a vertical market portal prototype targetted to eye care professionals and consumers.
- Maintained and managed web site portfolio including an extranet that serviced 15,000 eye care professionals and a national retail chain of eye care practices
- Created new corporate identity and branding strategy for eyeVantage.com
- Led marketing team in the architecture, design and implementation of an interactive web site for parent company TLC Laser Eye Centers.
-Generated $300,000 in net new accounts sales in finance, Internet and corporate training markets
-Primary account lead for design and marketing communications projects including: Corporate Identity and Branding; Web site design; Direct Marketing; Advertising campaigns and Collateral.
-Increased employee sales by 62% through innovative marketing program
- Provided Sales Force and Account Teams with marcom support
- Product demonstrations to: analysts, partners, media, customers and consumers
- Marketing collateral for the North American market in English, Spanish, Chinese and French languages
- Trade and special event coordination
- Received the Manpower Tiffany award for outstanding contribution and received a perfect evaluation score from management.
-Achieved customer retention rate of 68% as compared to industry average of 50% by providing outstanding customer service and one to one marketing practices
- Developed customer retention program platform for 2,000 customers
- Introduced innovative method of segmenting customer base resulting in a better recreational experience for customer while optimizing facility use
- Managed and motivated staff of seven event planners, coaches and assistant coaches
- Developed and implemented a company wide (7 clubs)integrated marketing strategy for company to differentiate events, services and create competitive advantage
- Developed and implemented a company wide multi-event platform and negotiated highest sponsorship deal in the history of the company with Molson Breweries
Forrester ResearchOctober 2013
Featured in this research by Forrester is an Influencer network I ran for SAP (2011-2013)
FROM FORRESTER SITE: WHY READ THIS REPORT ($499)
Reach marketing helps potential customers discover your brand and offerings and, in social as in other channels, requires a mix of tactics that's not the same as at other stages of the customer life cycle. For example, at the discover stage, you can't expect that your prospects will spontaneously visit your WEBSITE or your branded pages on public social networks, so social tactics in those venues won't help you much at achieving reach. In this report, we explain which tactics will help — social advertising, influencer marketing, and advocate marketing — and how. We also provide guidance on how to pick the tactic that best meets your needs.
In this edition of The Engagers, we hear from Chris Herbert, CMO of Mi6 Agency and Cofounder of Silicon Halton, a community of hi-tech professionals in Halton Region, Ontario, Canada. He has built the successful IXN influencer Thought Leadership program and network from the ground up, sponsored by SAP, and was recently engaged to start Silicon Peel.
Insights and Success Stories from 154 of the World's Most Innovative Marketing Practitioners, Authors, and Professors. Silicon Halton, technology community I co-founded with Rick Stomphorst and Reema Duggal is a featured case study.
CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
I contributed to Daniel's book on the topic of B2B lead generation.
Strategic product marketing and market-driven management, focuses on analyzing product marketing activities in detail, how to be effective at the strategic elements and how to manage multiple tactical activities.
Uses a blueprint for product marketing activities. Drills down into the often-difficult process of articulating product requirements, and how to create a successful product plan.
Activities and Societies: Marketing Skills Certification (MSC), is the professional certification examination of the Business Marketing Institute, the business-to-business marketing profession's most recognized professional certification standard for marketing managers. Part of the Business Marketing Association's (BMA) B2B Marketing skills development program.
University Degree Equivalency (U.S. Based University)
- Sandler Sales methodology
-Business Administration courses-Ryerson (A+ average)
- Business and Marketing Management-Conestoga College
-3M National Coaching Certification Program-Level 1, 2 and 3
-Professional Squash Association-Masters 1 Coach Certification
-Student of business and avid reader of Tom Peters; Jim Collins (Good to Great);Geoffrey A. Moore (Crossing Chasm, Inside Tornado);David Allen(Getting Things Done); John Hagel (Net Gain, Net Worth); Malcolm Gladwell(Tipping Point) and Set Godin (Purple Cow, Permission Base Marketing) and Levine,Locke,Searles and Weinberger (Cluetrain Manifesto).
- human networks,
- halton region,
- helping people,
- making things happen
Advice for Contacting Chris
Honors & Awards
- Finalist in Cisco's Global Innovation I-Prize Contest
-Tiffany Award(Manpower) for outstanding contribution at Nortel
-Winner of Martini Challenge Provincial Championships (Squash)
-Formerly ranked 56th in the world in competitive Squash
-Winner of Pro of the Year twice-Sports Clubs of Canada
Coaching-Coached nationally ranked athletes.
- Level 3 Coach (3M National Coaching Program)
-Created, organized and ran three 24 Hours in August Relays and Concert Series to raise money for Big Brothers and Big Sisters. Has raised over $75,000
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Opportunities Chris is looking for:
Causes Chris cares about:
- Economic Empowerment
- Science and Technology
Organizations Chris supports:
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Find a different Chris Herbert
Recruiter at Dialog Semiconductor
London, United Kingdom
Greater Atlanta Area
Baritone; Business and Finance Manager at New York Polyphony
Greater New York City Area
Strategy & Pricing Professional
San Francisco Bay Area
Assoicate Broker/Claims Adjuster. Property Loss Consultants Group / Weichert Realty, Mccarthy Assoc
Greater Philadelphia Area