Join LinkedIn & access Charlie's full profile
Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Windows Server 2000, 2003, R2, 2008, R2, 2012 Windows Thin Client, Mac OS X, Linux, MS Exchange Server, MySQL, HTML, Batch Scripting, Citrix Troubleshooting
LAN / WAN Administration, VPN, DNS, TCP/IP, Ethernet 10/100/1000BaseT
SonicWALL firewall appliances, Cisco ASDM tools, Norton Ghost and Firewall, McAfee firewall and virus protection utilities, IBM Tivoli, FileMaker Pro, Logmein Applications, Microsoft Office Suite, CA Backup technologies, Autotask, Spiceworks and Remedy ticketing systems, Xen Server
• Took lead in updating the company's security policies and verifying HIPAA compliance. Also assisted in preparing the company for an ISO 27002 and ISO 17799 audit.
• Dropped IT costs in our New York office by 73% which was achieved by utilizing redundant systems and consolidated services that were unnecessary.
• Deployed various servers utilizing CentOS Linux and Microsoft operating systems.
• Manage Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory accounts as well as executing deployment plans and network strategy development.
• Developed a disaster recovery plan for the company as well as create a new network monitoring scheme utilizing the 'WhatsUp Gold' product and Netbotz appliances.
• Utilized the "Citrix Xen Server" product to create virtualized servers. These servers included a WSUS, Sharepoint and Microsoft Project server.
• Managed the local Mitel VOIP telephone system.
• Developed a database system from scratch and utilized it to track the company assets.
• Regulated Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory accounts which included account
creation, management and migration.
• Implemented and enforced desktop support processes in an enterprise environment using remote software.
• Demonstrated expert proficiency troubleshooting and supporting operating systems, productivity software, and network connectivity.
• Responsible for the monitoring of several Windows 2003/2008 servers to ensure their health and operability.
• Traveled on-site to perform maintenance, install networking devices and assist in other problems dealing with networks, migrations, computers, servers and firewalls.
• Performed data recovery operations to restore key data files and databases.
• Worked with SonicWALL and Cisco network appliances within several networks and corporations.
• Worked with McAfee to pinpoint and add definitions to their virus database by observation and breakdown of virus actions.
• Deployed software to customers and provided solutions using McAfee SaaS Technology.
• Lead projects that include companywide upgrades and changes with major databases that affect them.
• Developed and deployed small networks using Wi-Fi protocols utilizing the 802.11b/g standard.
• Performed various levels of data recovery services using proprietary software and different problem solving techniques involving Windows, Linux, and Macintosh.
• Developed different types of data recovery techniques that involved hardware repair and silicon wafer placement.
• Performed different levels of Windows and Windows 2003 Server installation as well as software updates and data transfer.
• Assisted in managing the store location in Belmont and San Jose. This includes helping customers, inputting data into QuickBooks and managing other technicians.
• Provided customer service, including anticipating customer needs, problem solving and alternatives, with the ability to satisfy those needs.
• Developed a methodology for disassembling laptops for DC Jack repairs, LCD replacement, and LCD inverter replacement.
• Assisted in managing an Exchange server using Active Directory.
• Experimented with Linux to manage a tracking database for customer information storage.
• Provided technical support for the center and other various institutions associated with the county medical centers.
• Used Active Directory to assist users in account and password management in a large company environment.
• Utilized Tivoli to assist with computer issues.
• Worked with MySQL and Ruby on Rails basic structure to develop a tracking system for calls and general announcements.
• Developed a monitoring system using Solar Winds to ensure MS Exchange clusters were active and downtime was minimized.
• Used a Remedy to track calls and document issues associated with problems and issues.
• Worked with Telnet, FTP and SSH using Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server to assist in transporting fixes and patches needed for deployment.
• Trained incoming support technicians and helped them adapt to the telephone workload provided.
• Produced projects in accordance to customer needs and completed the work ahead of schedule.
• Took initiative to plan, organize and help direct employees to ensure the efficiency and productivity of the work received.
• Performed a POS switchover when the previous system became obsolete.
• Performed branch manager functions such as staff scheduling and security functions.
• Directed and supervised semi-monthly audit functions throughout the branch.
• Ensured the maintenance of fiscal reporting procedures within managed centers including accounts receivables, inventory reports, daily sales recaps, and daily bank deposits in full compliance with established company policies.
• Identified and resolved various computer problems, electronic failures, operating system problems, and network communication failures.
• Created a new database system and helped lead a standard of producing records and a tracking system used throughout the company.
• Trained new employees and helped them adapt to the work environment.
• Organized products for shipment and performed quality checks on all out-going shipments.
• Conducted tasks on various computers including voltage, continuity, and connectivity repairs and troubleshooting.
• Managed and supervised other Web Designers.
• Used Dreamweaver to design specific web pages for search engines to achieve high listings on various search engines.
• Designed portal pages to be used with Proboost's web routing software to achieve high search engine rankings using HTML and Java code.
• Investigated Search Engine algorithms for ranking achievements.
• Developed the company network and participated in making the customer database efficient.
• Developed the testing guide for GUI and performance testing to the in-house ranking program and developed a bug tracking system for the program.
• Assisted the developers of the in-house ranking program in programming updates and bug fixes to the program.
• Installed and deployed Windows NT/95/98 on various laptop and desktop machines to be used by employees and new hires and installed hardware specific devices such as printers, modems, etc.
• Performed various tasks including driver searching, software evaluations, Windows NT administration and backups.
• Performed continuity checking of various hubs and patch panels to ensure network connectivity and operational capability.
• Assisted in the assembly and modifications in various Sun machines including NIC card installation and software execution.
• Designed and executed test matrices and test cases for the Hotlinks web site and Java based scripts.
• Created isolated Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, FDDI, and Token Ring network environments to conduct testing using the TCP/IP protocol.
• Designed and executed install test matrices and test cases for EcoSCOPE 3.1, 3.5, 3.7, and 4.0 releases as well as develop the Negative testing matrix for EcoSCOPE 3.7 and 4.0.
• Deployed and maintained a corporate-wide network of traffic monitors as well as resolved software and hardware related problems with the monitors.
• Worked closely with the Development department to identify, analyze, and resolve software defects.
• Used QACenter/QARun to develop automated scripts for install testing and collection of data over networks spanning the world.
• Other duties included SNMP traps, backward compatibility of databases, user interface, Service Level Management reports, regression testing, online help, documentation review, final article tests, and gold standard tests.
Programming languages, electronics and computer classes.
Vice President of Government Affairs at BGR Group
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Director of Business Development at Manage
London, United Kingdom
Head of Environment, Health and Safety at TEP - www.tep-me.com
United Arab Emirates
Editor at Nutraceuticals now
Inverness, United Kingdom
Special Operations Sergeant and K9 Unit Manager at police department
Greater Atlanta Area
Student at Northwestern Polytechnic University
Digital Project Manager
Sr. Project Manager at Eveo
Systems Administrator at EcoNugenics, Inc
Systems Administrator at The Greenlining Institute
Systems Administrator at Marin Cancer Care
Unix Adminstrator at Dell
Systems Administrator at Prophet Network Integration
Systems Administrator at Visa